2016 VRR World Endurance Championship [PlayStation 4]Open 

• Thread starter Eva
  • 136 comments

Should we limit everyone to just first person cameras?

• Yes, definitely

Votes: 10 62.5%
  • No, please god no.

Votes: 6 37.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Cars of choice? They don't have to be the same in GT3.

TBD. We've been running Group 5 cars so we will have to do a bit of testing. We will run two of the same. Possibly Astons or Audis.

TBD. We've been running Group 5 cars so we will have to do a bit of testing. We will run two of the same. Possibly Astons or Audis.
Well, I'll be moving to LMP1, which should open up a space.

Will the weather be set to the actual weather at the track that day or other?
Yes. Time and weather will be realistically set.

I'm interested (as indicated by Argo1) in participating. My only concern is the day/time that the races will be held. I'm usually busy with family items. I'm happy to take a spot if there are openings, but I don't want to prevent someone who would be able to make more races consistently. Your call.

I'm interested (as indicated by Argo1) in participating. My only concern is the day/time that the races will be held. I'm usually busy with family items. I'm happy to take a spot if there are openings, but I don't want to prevent someone who would be able to make more races consistently. Your call.
You are very open to race. As I've said before, races will be starting at 2 p.m. Eastern, with qualifying right before that.

If I'm to participate would I have to be present for the whole practice session? If the answer to that is no I would like to enter P2 with the #11 RWD.

If I'm to participate would I have to be present for the whole practice session? If the answer to that is no I would like to enter P2 with the #11 RWD.
Are you referring to the Test day or the FP before the actual races?

FP on race days.
You do not have to. I will however, require everyone to send me PS4 screenshots of their best practice times before they leave the session.

Had some fun at Brno in my GT3 car.

This is relevant because I have a serious question to ask: Should we limit camera views to just the internal cameras?

I don't know, close quarters racing can get quite dicey with such a limited view.

I don't know, close quarters racing can get quite dicey with such a limited view.
That's also with 40 cars on track and AI at 100%. Online, the most we'll have on track is 16 and not everyone will be divebombing. Also should stand that my argument includes making the Virtual Reality part of VRR as close as I can get it. You'll also find out that all of the internal gauges work and in regards to engine temperatures, you can only see them in cockpit.

Sorry for sounding like a wuss, but I've always avoided 1st person in racing games. I just have nothing to gauge space from someone's car or the track limits and while I've always raced roof view on GT and many others, I simply do not trust anything other then 3rd person while racing online with this game. Last game I raced like this was, ironically enough, Shift 2.

I used to use bumper can on. gT6. I hated interior view. However, when I moved to project CARs, it became a lot easier to deal with. This is what real drivers see so it shouldn't hurt racing too much as long as you're genuinely careful.

I used to use bumper can on. gT6. I hated interior view. However, when I moved to project CARs, it became a lot easier to deal with. This is what real drivers see so it shouldn't hurt racing too much as long as you're genuinely careful.
That's my thing. I don't plan to be lenient on penalties for contact. If we decide against first person, those penalties just get a little worse. I've used first person for my racing for years, because that's how it really is at the end of the day. This teaches everyone that you can't make banzai moves because unlike those other unrealistic cameras, you'll never really be able to tell if the space is there. And before the argument comes up "but you can only see so much of the screen", there's a right analog with look around directions already programmed. There you go. Now, it remains to be seen how the vote ends up, but if we do go to first person cameras, it won't be the end of the world. This is GTP, and in VRR, clean racing is the only thing we do, to the point that I haven't asked anyone beyond GTP asides from those on my friends list that I've raced with before.

For the sake of immersion, I'm keen on limiting to first person views, it's really just track safety that worries me about the idea. Still, this is GTP, and this is VRR, so I think I can take a chance on that.

I agree completely. Plus PCars ability to remove the wheel and arms makes a huge difference. These are long races, hopefully everyone will understand that and not try and win the race in the first corner.

As Brad has stated, he will make some of the races. I plan on making all of the races. Put me down for the Rexergie Aston Martin Vantage #112. I will coax Brad into the #111 Rexergie Aston Martin.

I am completely in favor of using interior/ cockpit view only for the series.

Thread has been updated. Also announcing a 1 hour GT3 race at the Automotodrom Brno in late June. The entries for this series do not carry over, so you can use a different machine for that event. I'll be reserving the #7 Corvette C7.R

Two things to make news of...
1) Brno race thread can be found here.
2) Beginning fresh on the PS4 means beginning fresh with how our results are stored. So voila.
VRR A-Spec Table.PNG

Now, I know there are a few that haven't formally completed their registration, for those I just stuck them into a car to complete the example. Looking at it now, I might add on a points column for points earned in the races, or just replace the class position column with the points column. But this is roughly how the tables will look for every session. Some color coding as well. Red is P1, blue is P2, and disgusting repulsive malignant orange for GT3.

Going to begin posting full rules and guidelines for the season this week. Been able to spend time on getting the system figured out.

Sorry, but I am not going to be racing now. I don't use cockpit view and don't want to be bashing into people I can't see or be 10 secs a lap slower than I usually am (which isn't fast :lol:)

Sorry, but I am not going to be racing now. I don't use cockpit view and don't want to be bashing into people I can't see or be 10 secs a lap slower than I usually am (which isn't fast :lol:)

Errr yeah... This^^ X2,

The problems I have with that is 1) everyone is using the same cameras. And 2) it requires more spacial recognition which would make things more authentic.

The problems I have with that is 1) everyone is using the same cameras. And 2) it requires more spacial recognition which would make things more authentic.

I whole heartedly agree, I also prefer to run as close to true replica events as possible with rules and race lengths, but my issue with the locked view is peripheral vision, while in most cases its minimal at best and the only true way to replicate that id with a 3 screen set up, which I just cant afford,

I whole heartedly agree, I also prefer to run as close to true replica events as possible with rules and race lengths, but my issue with the locked view is peripheral vision, while in most cases its minimal at best and the only true way to replicate that id with a 3 screen set up, which I just cant afford,
I don't have a 3 tv set either, but I have a perfectly functioning right analog stick.

Been reconsidering having LMP1 and LMP2 involved. So, this series will be renamed to the VRR GT3 Sprint Series. It will feature a 1 hour race instead of the 2 and 4 hour events. Those in LMP1 and LMP2 will have to pick cars now in GT3.

Back