2016 VRR World Endurance Championship [PlayStation 4]Open 

• Thread starter Eva
  • 136 comments

Should we limit everyone to just first person cameras?

• Yes, definitely

Votes: 10 62.5%
  • No, please god no.

Votes: 6 37.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Been reconsidering having LMP1 and LMP2 involved. So, this series will be renamed to the VRR GT3 Sprint Series. It will feature a 1 hour race instead of the 2 and 4 hour events. Those in LMP1 and LMP2 will have to pick cars now in GT3.

What made you get rid of the LMP classes?

What made you get rid of the LMP classes?
The fact that only two LMP1 and 2 LMP2 were confirmed to be running full season.

The fact that only two LMP1 and 2 LMP2 were confirmed to be running full season.

Well, that's abit annoying. Not a fan of the first person camera position (which is now gonna be worse inside a closed cockpit car), but I'll make sure to let you know what choice I make.

Well, that's abit annoying. Not a fan of the first person camera position (which is now gonna be worse inside a closed cockpit car), but I'll make sure to let you know what choice I make.
I'm still not sure why everyone is so scared of first person cameras for. If you guys are scared, drive with consideration. Penalties won't be forgiving. And in the game, you have the ability to adjust the camera position to make it taller.

I'm still not sure why everyone is so scared of first person cameras for. If you guys are scared, drive with consideration. Penalties won't be forgiving. And in the game, you have the ability to adjust the camera position to make it taller.

I don't know about anyone else but I have no positive experience racing online with forced Camera view. That experience has soured my trust in that view as people were always knocking me the hell out the way or I make a pass where I clearly had more room (On the straights mind you) only to be drilled in the back. I've spent all my time on sims primarily in Roof View (the only angle that's realistic yet still gives me a good view of space) and that's worked for me.

Any chance we could replace the 2 P classes with 1?

I'm really one for racing GT3 machinery. Prototype feels much better to drive imo

Any chance we could replace the 2 P classes with 1?

I'm really one for racing GT3 machinery. Prototype feels much better to drive imo
We will see. It depends on the support for a P2 class.

For those wanting an LMP2 Class, you must fill out complete registration to be counted at all. Giving everyone who had previously registered before a waiver and just restoring those entries.

What is the racing etiquette that drivers are asked to follow? Specifically what are slower class cars to do when a faster class cars comes to pass?

I'm less likely to attend the races if they aren't the multi-class / endurance format. :( I was really looking forward to that. Even if it is only 2 classes.

What is the racing etiquette that drivers are asked to follow? Specifically what are slower class cars to do when a faster class cars comes to pass?
Etiquette is that of real life. Hold your line and let them pass you. It is up to them to pick an appropriate time to pass. And as for multi-class, we will see. No one has made added interest to register in that class.

I'm going to have to back out entirely now because of the change in scheduling. I have to be out of the house for all but 3 races by the time Q sessions would be starting.

What day is this series will be running? I am interested if it will be on saturday
It is very much on Saturday as far as GMT-5 is concerned.

@Angel seeing as there isn't a whole lot going on with Pcars and GTP, Id like to rejoin, I can accept the view lock and realistic driving aids,

Is there still an option for prototypes?

@Angel seeing as there isn't a whole lot going on with Pcars and GTP, Id like to rejoin, I can accept the view lock and realistic driving aids,

Is there still an option for prototypes?
Yep. P2

11 RWD and 36 Alpine are the only ones taken at the moment

I'm IN for this, but from Round 3 and onwards. Will be away from July 22nd to August 23rd for holidays, and I won't have my PS4 system there. Good luck with the series.

Back