2017 F1 Constructor technical info/developmentFormula 1 

After now seeing the McLaren, there's a part of me that wishes it wasn't orange. After all the hints given on social media, I'd have died laughing at the outcry.

I do like it as it is though, 3rd best looking one so far.

Both cars today have some radical stuff going on.

I still say Mercedes looks the best, but these guys look as scary if all the stuff they did ends up working and their new engines deliver better performance. In a dream world this rule change would give us a 2010 season again, but with four teams (giving RBR obvious regards as another threat)

Is the only part of the car that actually has the word Mclaren the back of the spoiler?

Hope it isn't the slowest car then.

@LMSCorvetteGT2 Scrabs thinks the W08 looks far more advanced than the Ferrari so hopefully he is wrong.

Eh, not a massive fan of that particular shade of orange, but it looks alright. The design is definitely radical, hopefully it can help their fortunes this year.

Definitely in my top 3 best looking cars. Sauber still tops that list for me.

No look at the picture I posted up, click it so you zoom in, then look really close at the nose right under the Honda symbol. :sly:

14255599.jpg

Alert the press! The McLaren is orange! That will easily be worth at least one second of discussion amongst television pundits.

Really not sure what to think of the front wing though. But at least it's something interesting.

As for the Ferrari, I'd say it looks comparatively ordinary.

Alert the press! The McLaren is orange! That will easily be worth at least one second of discussion amongst television pundits.

Really not sure what to think of the front wing though. But at least it's something interesting.

As for the Ferrari, I'd say it looks comparatively ordinary.

Ordinary? The last time I saw side pods that unique was with the 2011 McLaren, I'd call the Ferrari very far from ordinary. Last time I saw a Ferrari with side pods that extreme was with the 96/97 runner.

I don't like the McLaren livery at all. For me a McLaren F1 car has to be black and silver. Maybe use the orange for details/highlights, but not as a primary color.

T-wings would give the FIA the pretext to ban them - they would be able to ban all bodywork from appearing in that particular area of the car.
How is the T wing on this car much different from this concept from Mercedes that we were discussing yesterday?

Or are you referring to both concepts in the same vein?

For what? If ever there was a moment to reveal a big sponsor, it was about seventy-five minutes ago.
They should have launched it with "Your Name Here" in that spot. :lol:

Last edited:
EDK
Or are you referring to both concepts in the same vein?
This. Even if the horizontal wing is mounted on the shark fin, it's still a T-wing because the shark fin forms the vertical arm of the T. I'd like to see the FIA ban all bodywork in the space between the rear wing and engine cover; the cars would be drop-dead gorgeous if they all resembled the Mercedes.

It also reminded me of the older Marussia F1 liveries just in a different colour.
I came here to say that too...

I'm hoping it grows on me - first impressions are that the car looks pretty interesting, but again they seemed to have missed a trick with the livery - all orange or orange and white would have been cool. I just hope it is competitive though...

The Ferrari looks the most radical to me, and McLaren should have gone all-orange.

Now that we've seen the possible layout of most of the cars - how long into the season before they sadly all look the same?

Good or bad I'm just happy they look different from last year. Also, the only teams left are Red Bull, Torro Rosso, and Haas. I'm assuming the first two will look almost identical being the sister team and all

Ferrari looks okay, though the shark fin should really be red instead of white. The orange parts on the Mclaren look really garish.

Back