2017 Formula 1 Gran Premio de Espana PirelliFormula 1 

This is even funnier when the talk was about the new Honda engine upgrades prioritizing reliability. First outing in FP1 and it's gone.

This is just torture.

This is even funnier when the talk was about the new Honda engine upgrades prioritizing reliability. First outing in FP1 and it's gone
It's believed to be an old engine. McLaren broight some chassis upgrades, so they would want to run the old engine to get a baseline on performance. Besides, you don't change to a fresh engine until you have to, which is to say running in FP3. Running a new engine in FP1 and FP2 just puts unnecessary mileage on it.

This is even funnier when the talk was about the new Honda engine upgrades prioritizing reliability. First outing in FP1 and it's gone.

This is just torture.
Indeed Alonso is not angry anymore. First angry now cynical. He deserves better. We can expect a news announcement soonish

I like the new numbers. Especially the way Mercedes made Bottas blue and Hamilton red. The Ferrari, Renault and McLaren all look pretty good, too.

20170513_190835.jpg

The only time a McLaren-Honda will be in first place in 2017.

I always liked the Spain circuit.
Kind of similar to Hungary, people say the races are boring, but I'm not seeing it, tight tracks usually give plenty of overtaking chances. Yeah, I'm sure there were some boring races, too, but again personally I have had a lot of fun watching these races. Also LOVED the Hockenheimring with its long straights, absolutely awesome and there were overtakes for sure.

Anyways, I hope this race will be good, not really looking forward to another Alonso / Honda debacle though, guy deserves better, but then again no one forced him to drive for this team and "Honda-McLaren" has certainly a nice ring to it :lol

But yeah, I hope it's not another snooze fest, missed the race before the last one in Russia and that was obviously great, and then I watched Russia and omg what a boring track and race. :zzZ

Last edited:
Not related to what's going on on the track I must say it is refreshing to see how much better the cars look this year. The wider profile is the way to go.

Alonsoooooooooooo!!!

Going to be a real cat and mouse game tomorrow, with the Merc and Ferrari better at different parts of the track.

Loving the return of the Vettel Hamilton qualifying rivalry.

It honestly feels like Alonso got pole. Which I guess 7th is like pole for a 2017 McLaren-Honda. Just amazing. Just imagine if he was in a Ferrari or a Merc.

It honestly feels like Alonso got pole. Which I guess 7th is like pole for a 2017 McLaren-Honda. Just amazing. Just imagine if he was in a Ferrari or a Merc.
Yeah, I mean Alonso in a good car is always a title contender, but at the top the differences between the cars and drivers become more marginal, he wouldn't be able to just walk away with another title, but surely be a strong contender.

Back