2017 Formula 1 Gran Premio de Espana PirelliFormula 1 

We all know the top 6 spots are taken by Merc, Ferrari, and RBR (in that order) unless they mess up, so 7th is literally pole of the rest. Sainz said it best that there are two categories racing in F1 right now.

What was the Mclaren doing in the speed trap? Hopefully at least 195 mph. There's a lot of twisty bits for their already proven aero to work, but the half-mile straight can take seconds off if you're down on power.

I genuinely don't understand those who persist that the McLaren chassis is garbage. Alonso proved today beyond a shadow of a doubt that bar the grenade behind his back, the car is good. He also proved he himself is still very much a force to be reckoned with.

Grande Fernando!

And in F1 news, Fernando Alonso qualified in 7th place for tomorrow's Spanish Grand Prix driving an Alonso chassis powered by an Alonso engine.

In Canada will his team be shouting at him over the radio, "Grandad Alonso engine! Grandad Alonso engine!"?

I genuinely don't understand those who persist that the McLaren chassis is garbage. Alonso proved today beyond a shadow of a doubt that bar the grenade behind his back, the car is good. He also proved he himself is still very much a force to be reckoned with.

Grande Fernando!
Who would say something like this? Doesn't make sense.

Can't believe he got no coverage on the live feed. Glad Liberty at least uploaded his lap to YouTube. They have done an incredible job embracing social media. CVC and Ecclestone should be ashamed for approaching F1 as if the target demographic was still the person who wants to read their F1 news on the back page of a Herald.

Grande Fernando!

Fully agree with that. Watching his qualifying lap, Alonso and the Mclaren was on point and hooked up. One of the most impressive laps from a car not at the sharp end of the pack.

Can't believe he got no coverage on the live feed. Glad Liberty at least uploaded his lap to YouTube. They have done an incredible job embracing social media. CVC and Ecclestone should be ashamed for approaching F1 as if the target demographic was still the person who wants to read their F1 news on the back page of a Herald.
It's fantastic when you can no longer watch qualifying on free-to-air TV anymore. Or when you don't have time to watch a full race.

Can't believe he got no coverage on the live feed.
It's always been a problem. The TV director tends to focus on the main contenders for pole. And you can't blame them - after all, that's what we watch qualifying for; meanwhile, there was little reason to believe that Alonso could go faster than tenth.

That's why I think Q3 should be a Supercars-style top ten shootout. Each driver would have the track to themselves and would be the centre of attention. Give them the greatest opportunity to set a phenomenal lap time, but put them under as much pressure to deliver as possible.

What happened to Renault? Palmer didn't make it out of Q1, which is to be expected, but Hülkenberg's pace evaporated.

Hulkenberg blamed the wind conditions.
I'd be sceptical if it weren't for Grosjean's adventures through the run-off at Turn 13. It does seem a little odd that the effects of a cross-wind should be so exaggerated for one car, though.

Raikkonen starting behind his team-mate again, ugh. His chances of competing for the title are already slipping away, he really needs a race win by Monaco or at the very latest Canada, otherwise you know that Ferrari are going to play that number 1/number 2 driver game to maximise Vettel's chances.

Ricciardo could also use some luck today. Two mechanical DNF's in four races, and then there's that weird case of the back-end losing grip on corner entry in Australia, and him getting boxed in on the race start at both Bahrain and Russia and losing position through little fault of his own. But that was a very weak qualifying by his usual lofty standards (He's been the best qualifier on the grid in recent seasons even if his race pace hasn't matched that).

It's always been a problem. The TV director tends to focus on the main contenders for pole. And you can't blame them - after all, that's what we watch qualifying for; meanwhile, there was little reason to believe that Alonso could go faster than tenth.
I'd agree with this except for the fact that Alonso had the track to himself for a bit but the director cut to the out laps of the big 4 instead. I think we can all live without an out lap when a freaking McHonda actually made Q3!

If the wind is causing them problems in Barcelona, they're not going to have fun at Silverstone.

The living legend himself has returned to the F1 Paddock...

Pastor Maldonado
Apparently Pastor Maldonado has a cousin, called Manuel. It was Manuel that Pastor rescued from the infamous Williams pit fire in 2012. Manuel is currently racing in British F3...

The Venezuelan was excluded from the results after the race for driving in a matter not compatible with safety.

Has anyone checked the circuit car park to make sure it's him. I checked the famous website about him crashing but that doesn't work anymore.

Countdown! Hopefully a spectacular race. We can expect some fireworks of Alonso at the start. Max tries to overtake 2-3 cars also at the start. Can we expect a light shower during the race?

Have fun and adopt their clean racing and copy that to GT Sport beta (if you play GTS of course) :lol:

Alonso had a really slow getaway there on the formation lap... Enough to bring out the yellow flags temporarily.

Kimi out. Alonso across the gravel. Chaos. Vettel leads. Verstappen has damage as well.

Fantastic start for Vettel. Mercs looked soft on that run to the first corner.

Poor Kimi. Poor Nando.

What a crazy start.

One Kimi fan is not happy! :lol:

C_yTPTTXUAAmfe3.jpg

Back