2017 Formula 1 Petronas Malaysia Grand PrixFormula 1 

Obviously, nothing is being taken away with my comment, just that I was hoping he'd continue his pace and even grow off it to challenge for P1. I just think people should give Kimi respect, when he wants it or needs to step up to where Vettel has been taken out, he has and can. People shouldn't be surprised, the guy is still fast, just lacks consistency and sometimes judgement it could be said.

Oh, I was agreeing with you. Bad wording on my behalf. :D

Great quali ,very close between Lewis and Kimi !

Very nice birthday present for Max...

Cant wait for tomorrow,could be a great race this one....especially if the waether does what it does very often in Malasia!

GOMAX!!!!!

:D

Spy.

Would be a great opportunity to load up on fresh engines for the remainder of the season for Vettel.

Exactly? He's at the back of the grid. Take the 5th where he can as the penalties won't worsen his position.

I see what you mean now... I think I was confused when rather than suggest taking a single new engine you said "load up on fresh engines". Loads in plural can often be so many more than one.

image.jpeg
View attachment 676357 View attachment 676357 F
Good thing then the bike lines around this circuit tend to go nowhere near the kerbs. Mind you, the vast majority of racing lines on bikes at any circuit don't "incorporate" the kerbs.

Yeah don't worry carbon 6 bikes never get close enough to the kerb to worry about drain covers !
Oh . Apart from that one .

What happened to Seb? Been out all day so not seen anything. So I have to slap a wet fish across his face?
Some sort of compressor issue stopped him from setting a time in Q1, meaning he starts P20 tomorrow. What was once a great championship battle is now sinking faster than the Titanic.

Some sort of compressor issue stopped him from setting a time in Q1, meaning he starts P20 tomorrow. What was once a great championship battle is now sinking faster than the Titanic.
Thanks, I caught it in the end. This was an exciting title race just two weeks ok. Sad.

Thanks, I caught it in the end. This was an exciting title race just two weeks ok. Sad.

Hamilton reported engine problems in Q3, this is the track where he lost an engine last year. There are six races to go, several at very difficult tracks. Wait and see. It's not over until the fat lady passes Timo Glock in the last corner.

So Kimi & Max will be in close proximity to one another again... :nervous:

Has there ever been a moment when those two meeting-up on track didn't end badly for Kimi? Hungaroring '16 - Spa '16, the list might as well go on up to Singapore this year. :lol:

Has there ever been a moment when those two meeting-up on track didn't end badly for Kimi?

The final throes of last year's Spanish GP springs to mind. No wrecked cars, no damaged egos.

Last edited:
If Lewis Hamilton has a PR team, they should consider investing in a muzzle rather than letting him speak his mind and having to spend all the petty cash on nappies and Imodium for themselves every fortnight.

This week, he's talking about "taking the knee" at the USGP...

What we need is for Vettel/Bottas/Kimi/SOMEONE to give him a fight for the title all the way to Abu Dhabi.

No challenge = Hamilton starts thinking about other stuff, vegetarianism/branding/motorcycles/protesting. He's going to become the Trump of F1 if he gets all political.

The final throes of last year's Spanish GP springs to mind. No wrecked cars, no damaged egos.

They also didn't really get wheel-to-wheel in that, more Kimi just ran out of laps to get the job done. Both '16 examples I listed it was always Max messing-around and causing issues for Kimi.

Would you be astonished to know that drivers have lives outside the sport, and even their own opinions? ;)

No you-know-what Sherlock, Max celebrated a birthday, Alonso did too not too far ago. Point is due to a dwindling challenge for this year's title recently, instead of doing things that could be considered 'light-hearted' or 'cool', he's been doing dumb stuff that's making a lot of people see him in an different light - i.e. Famine knocking his vegetarianism last thread. (or better yet, should I go dig for that deleted Trump-hump post of his?)

With his mind off the races because all the big threats are disappearing, we're starting to see Hamilton do his best social-media Trump personification. Just wait until the USGP, it may get even more rampant & worse.

If Lewis Hamilton has a PR team, they should consider investing in a muzzle rather than letting him speak his mind and having to spend all the petty cash on nappies and Imodium for themselves every fortnight.

This week, he's talking about "taking the knee" at the USGP...

Why? The protests has gone beyond simply not wanting to stand for the Anthem and if he wants to take a knee there is absolutely nothing wrong with that.

Why? The protests has gone beyond simply not wanting to stand for the Anthem and if he wants to take a knee there is absolutely nothing wrong with that.

As a personal decision there's nothing wrong with it. As a wider decision he should look at how the arguments around NFL have become over-politicised and think about whether that's really worth making a big deal of.

I have to say that it's at times like this when Hamilton's a potentially-kneeling vegan that I miss @prisonermonkeys around these threads :)

No you-know-what Sherlock, Max celebrated a birthday, Alonso did too not too far ago.

I was reasonably lost at the beginning of the sentence and completely lost by the end. Verstappen's birthday (and Vettel's 5-to-3 cake) has been well covered in the press, but what of it?

instead of doing things that could be considered 'light-hearted' or 'cool', he's been doing dumb stuff that's making a lot of people see him in an different light - i.e. Famine knocking his vegetarianism last thread

Veganism, but again... so what? Are you saying that every driver should be doing only light-hearted or cool stuff? What about Alonso and Raikkonnen's well-publicised divorces/separations? Is that out-of-bounds for these role models or are we able to accept that they're actually people too?

No you-know-what Sherlock, Max celebrated a birthday, Alonso did too not too far ago. Point is due to a dwindling challenge for this year's title recently, instead of doing things that could be considered 'light-hearted' or 'cool', he's been doing dumb stuff that's making a lot of people see him in an different light - i.e. Famine knocking his vegetarianism last thread. (or better yet, should I go dig for that deleted Trump-hump post of his?)

With his mind off the races because all the big threats are disappearing, we're starting to see Hamilton do his best social-media Trump personification. Just wait until the USGP, it may get even more rampant & worse.

Last time he did "light-hearted or cool" he was shunned by the fans yet again cause damned if you do or don't in the case of Hamilton. Fans and pundits came out and said he was jet setting too much, having too much fun and playboyish life style and yet he won a championship that same year. And was doing plenty outside of f1 even early on in that season.

He is his own person, despite many not liking what kind of person that is off track, why that is something important to what goes on track is beyond me. I guess anything to help people validate irrational dislikes of hate of a driver. Thought PM flew the coop?

Last edited:
Again, your both missing my point. What I'm saying is he doesn't need a PR team or action from said team as Famine mentioned, he needs someone to challenge him and keep his concentration rather than let him slowly walk-away with the title unchallenged while getting sidetracked with politics and what-have-you. When he was super-focused on Silverstone people gave him crap, but then he delivered and everyone went all 'wow I guess he just wanted to be focused'. (and I wasn't even posting here then, so you can drop the 'irrational dislike' BS)

Would you rather interviews ask him about thoughts on his challengers for the championship, and how close it is or isn't, or ask him about his twitter posts? Would you rather drivers be known for their performances on-track, or for pointless political stuff? My interest in F1 is in the sport of it as well as the level of engineering going-on, not for the silly-season background-stuff that should only be comical at best.

It wouldn't surprise me if he does kneel during the US anthem, and then something happens to his car. We've seen time and time again people who defy Trump intentionally and bad luck storms their way.

I hate politics and wish they would get away from all sports in general. It's not even fun to watch certain sports anymore without wondering who's gonna do something for attention. Just because you have a right to protest doesn't make it morally acceptable in the long run.

Again, your both missing my point. What I'm saying is he doesn't need a PR team or action from said team as Famine mentioned, he needs someone to challenge him and keep his concentration rather than let him slowly walk-away with the title unchallenged while getting sidetracked with politics and what-have-you. When he was super-focused on Silverstone people gave him crap, but then he delivered and everyone went all 'wow I guess he just wanted to be focused'. (and I wasn't even posting here then, so you can drop the 'irrational dislike' BS)

Would you rather interviews ask him about thoughts on his challengers for the championship, and how close it is or isn't, or ask him about his twitter posts? Would you rather drivers be known for their performances on-track, or for pointless political stuff? My interest in F1 is in the sport of it as well as the level of engineering going-on, not for the silly-season background-stuff that should only be comical at best.

No one is missing the point, each year something comes about to take issue with the guy, here's a novel idea, what if the guy has the ability to focus on his job when at his job and outside that focus on whatever the hell he is doing then. What if he's just so good at his profession, he doesn't need to eat, sleep or dream F1 just because others perhaps think so. Even when challenged he still comes out ahead. Once again I feel people rather he just not say anything, and are trying to find a way or hope for a challenge for him just to make it all more entertaining for you personally. I'm simply saying there isn't one needed, he is going to continue to say stuff like this challenged or unchallenged as he has done through his career.

Also I've heard interviewers ask him his thoughts on challenges plenty, this year alone when he was behind Vettel. At the same time he was asked question outside of F1 as per usual.

It wouldn't surprise me if he does kneel during the US anthem, and then something happens to his car. We've seen time and time again people who defy Trump intentionally and bad luck storms their way.

I hate politics and wish they would get away from all sports in general. It's not even fun to watch certain sports anymore without wondering who's gonna do something for attention. Just because you have a right to protest doesn't make it morally acceptable in the long run.

How does it not? What is morally wrong with protesting? If there is some inequity that no one is speaking on, and someone with a national platform wishes to use it for that talking point, they should. People bitching about it because it ruined their "viewing" of said sport is silly however, they're not drones that play a game only. Now what they're protesting is always up for argument, them being able to do it shouldn't be. I do question a non-U.S. national speaking on domestic U.S. issues, that seems silly. Even if they do visit the U.S. and nearly live here.

Last edited:
Politics is tribalistic, we watch sports for entertainment if they experience backlash for what they do otherwise that's on them.

Back