2017 Formula 1 Petronas Malaysia Grand PrixFormula 1 

I just wish we didn't have to see politics everywhere we look. Getting to the point now where it's the same as not having sports results spoiled: You have to shut off the TV and unplug from the internet.

Frankly, I'm just tired of it, is all. It's all we've seen in the U.S. for the last year and a half, probably longer, as I'm just now getting to the age where I'm expected to be involved with it.

As for the GP, I'll be sound asleep when it's going on, so here's to hoping for a nice rebound for Vettel's title hopes. At least keep it interesting.

I was just gonna ask if anyone is gonna be up late (US) or early (UK) to live chat the race. If there are enough people I may stay up and watch the start and probably up to the first pit stops or I pass out.

I do question a non-U.S. national speaking on domestic U.S. issues, that seems silly. Even if they do visit the U.S. and nearly live here.

That's a good point but I guess the counter-argument is that Hamilton is half-Grenadan (Grenadian? Grenadier?) which is a CBI country. The other counter is that MLK didn't just kneel for Americans despite that being the obvious centre of the civil rights protests. In any case Mrs. Ten has sorted it all out - she informs me that Hamilton will kneel for the US anthem in Texasland and that Trump will revoke Hamilton's right to entry so he'll be stuck with Monaco :D

Back to the racing... my Lap 1 prediction is Raikkonnen leading by the end of Turn 2 with Hamilton leading by the end of Lap 1.

Kimi: no power

And was that a (light) fight in the gridstreet between Malaysia officials and Ferrari crew while pushing Kimi's Ferrari through the crowd?

Not the best weekend for Ferrari so far, Hopefully no technical troubles during the race....

EDIT: Kimi, out?

Last edited:
That's a good point but I guess the counter-argument is that Hamilton is half-Grenadan (Grenadian? Grenadier?) which is a CBI country. The other counter is that MLK didn't just kneel for Americans despite that being the obvious centre of the civil rights protests. In any case Mrs. Ten has sorted it all out - she informs me that Hamilton will kneel for the US anthem in Texasland and that Trump will revoke Hamilton's right to entry so he'll be stuck with Monaco :D

Back to the racing... my Lap 1 prediction is Raikkonnen leading by the end of Turn 2 with Hamilton leading by the end of Lap 1.

It's not a kneel for people of color having some suffering or inequality of rights. The point of the kneeling now is because of Trump basically dictating how athletes should be or otherwise should be fired.

We've seen some good agressive overtakes by Vettel. Great to see 👍
Hopefully he never complains again when someone is being agressive against him.

"Old" Massa was almost sandwiched by the youngsters Stoffel and Lance.

Pretty rare to see Lewis getting overtaken on track, Nico never managed it. If I'm not mistaken.

Quite some difference in pace between the Red Bulls. Sadly Daniel cannot close the gap to Lewis.

Scary moment for Max while overtaking (blue flag) Palmer and Magnussen.

Vettel SuperSofts during pit and all others who came in later Softs? Will this get Vettel to the podium? Why did the others not chose Softs also? Or does Vettel need to pit again?

Last edited:
Palmer loses grip... both on track and the sport.

Magnussen's general conduct is a little whiffy though, there's racing hard and there's being guaranteed to hit one's opponent in every pass.

EDIT: Okay, Palmer's fault, but I'm happy either way :D

Back