2017 Formula 1 VTB Russian Grand PrixFormula 1 

Pretty much a snoozefest for me. I literally dosed off for a few laps mid race.

Great to see Bottas score his maiden victory but other than that?... Yyyyyeeeeeaaaaahhhhhhh...

As far to the front as he was comfortable with. But yeah, it suggests that there's something wrong with the rear brakes.

Horner says they didn't know at the time what the problem was so they gave Verstappen that advice in order to relieve as much rear brake load as possible.

Most boring first win celebration of all time?

This race turned me into a Bottas fan. That guy hit that launch so perfect it seemed to scare Vettel into bogging the start haha! But really, I thought he would easily net second going into turn two and possibly even get along side Vettel on bad side. But he slammed out the gate and collected the win right there.

Right there in the first lap. The race was over. That was the entire GP.

Russia needs to either tenderize their track surface or let that track turn into a submarine base already.

But I'm glad Ferrari is still where they are. They have the better car. Mercedes is starting to show some belly. They better watch out. Their car is too damn long!

Lewis really cursed this season for himself by calling the car a "boat." You don't make fun of your girl like that man.

Since Merc can't seem to figure out their car in slow sections, looks like Spain is gonna be a bad time.

I haven't felt like this about a championship since Lewis debuted. Two mega teams fighting it out, swapping jabs the whole time. This is gonna be a season.

To be honest, it looked like he was driving one.

It's puzzling to see a driver as flexible as Lewis struggling with balance so badly. Hopefully he shakes it off by Spain.

-

He can't be happy seeing his chances at a fourth championship slowly fading as Seb approaches his fifth.

I think the circumstances made me annoyed at Bottas getting drs. I guess it would be less annoying if it happens mid-race.

This is not the first time that a front-runner has used DRS tactically while lapping backmarkers.

Experienced drivers sometimes time the moment they lap a backmarker to get a boost down a long straight.

It adds a bit of spice to the mix.

I guess I'm the only one that thinks the whole drama around Massa is way too exaggerated.
For one I don't believe for a second Seb had a chance to win in the last lap anyway, unless he was willing to take both himself and Bottas out with a stupid dive.
And two, I don't really see what Massa what supposed to do.

I rather feel people are making a drama out of this because nothing else happened in the race...

The only way Vettel was going to take Bottas was if Massa held the Finn up. Even if Massa had pulled completely over for both of them, he had no time or space to do that overtake. I understand Seb's frustration, but surely everyone watching on the telly knew he wouldn't be able to take Bottas after he'd lapped Massa.

It's puzzling to see a driver as flexible as Lewis struggling with balance so badly. Hopefully he shakes it off by Spain.

It seemed like a reversal of the Mercedes drivers' fortunes from the last race where we were told that Bottas had the wrong pressures from the grid but somehow nothing changed after his stop.

The only way Vettel was going to take Bottas was if Massa held the Finn up....surely everyone watching on the telly knew he wouldn't be able to take Bottas after he'd lapped Massa.

True, but after an hour and a half of bugger-all of anything Massa guaranteed that the last two laps weren't going to see the Ferrari under Bottas's's's rear wing. Vettel was supremely unlikely to pass but that last bit of potential excitement fizzled out at that moment :)

It's not a track Lewis like, he only won once against Rosberg in 3 years and now finished 4th. Nothing really surprising here. Typical of Lewis when he's not in the groove. And wasnt the whole week-end, never really found the pace against Bottas or Ferrari.

Kudos to Bottas for an amazing start and a really well managed race.

It's not a track Lewis like, he only won once against Rosberg in 3 years and now finished 4th. Nothing really surprising here. Typical of Lewis when he's not in the groove. And wasnt the whole week-end, never really found the pace against Bottas or Ferrari.

Kudos to Bottas for an amazing start and a really well managed race.

Lewis won 2 times and Rosberg mainly won last year because Lewis had a problem in Q3 resulting in P10 for the start.

We should not over-analyse this race. Bottas had a great race and the start he needed to win this race. Lewis had a bad weekend but that happens, especially if the driver feels that he cannot push 100%.

We should not over-analyse this race. Bottas had a great race and the start he needed to win this race. Lewis had a bad weekend but that happens, especially if the driver feels that he cannot push 100%.

100% agree with this.

Everyone seems to over-analyse everything after one race.
We can all make guesses and things but to go as far as writing off drivers for the long haul is stupid.

Pundits do it all the time and it really winds me up.

They shouldn't catch fire within five laps mate...

And that's the reason driving a F1 car is so difficult: if you can't keep the brakes at the optimal temperature, they can easily fail in much less than five laps. And a race lasts 60. Same arguably goes for tires, although a flat-spot issue is more easily fixed than a glazed/burnt pad or a burnt rotor...

Of course that is not to say RBR's situation is normal. It's clear that they're having problems with keeping their brakes cool - and the same goes for Haas. It's unlikely that they'll actually manage to solve those problems in the next few races either.

Pundits do it all the time and it really winds me up.

They have to sell papers somehow, don't they?

3f99hy0yl3vy.png

Latest Posts

Back