2017 General WEC/ELMS/AsLMS Discussion ThreadSports Cars 

• Thread starter IforceV8
  • 2,611 comments
Personally I'm very sad Nissan called it quits. It's potential at LeMans was questionable but that's what made it interesting. Isn't that what we love about motorsports? Looking back at six-wheeled F1 cars, the introduction of all-conquering AWD cars in rally for the first time, F1 cars which could vacuum themselves to the circuit, heck even the weird-ass deltawing.

Besides, LeMans had more news last year due to Nissan's project than I can remember in recent years. If they'd become competitive in year two we could have seen a possible four-way fight (assuming Toyota decides to actually bring a race car this year).

I don't know about the rest of you, but bring me the weird cars. Bring me the boasters. Bring me the big claims from no names. That stuff is always interesting, and just as interesting if it fails miserably.

Last edited:
You could say they tend to work...around the clock ;)

megusta.jpeg

:lol:

I am hoping Toyota give us a couple of blurred spy-shots of the TS050-HYBRID from Aragon on Tuesday as it takes to the track for the first time. We got them when the TS040-HYBRID was been given it's initial shakedown.

I'll not get my hopes up but it would be nice.

I am hoping Toyota give us a couple of blurred spy-shots of the TS050-HYBRID from Aragon on Tuesday as it takes to the track for the first time. We got them when the TS040-HYBRID was been given it's initial shakedown.

I'll not get my hopes up but it would be nice.

As long as they aren't like Porsches spy shots where people were missing limbs or half of their body,

You mean KCMG brake tested them ;)

No a moronic driver who should have never been signed decided to impersonate Pastor Crashonado and did a piece of driving that should have gotten a penalty.

Yeah, I've got to agree with catamount39 on this one. KCMG brought their data to the FIA for a reason. If they knew that he had brake tested the G-Drive car, then they wouldn't have presented it to them. For them to feel the need to bring data to the FIA means that they definitely felt that Richard (Who is an awful driver mind you) didn't do anything out of the ordinary. The more likely thing that happend was that there was a pretty hefty load of cash delivered, under the table, to the FIA from G-Drive to let that maneuver slide.

Yeah, I've got to agree with catamount39 on this one. KCMG brought their data to the FIA for a reason. If they knew that he had brake tested the G-Drive car, then they wouldn't have presented it to them. For them to feel the need to bring data to the FIA means that they definitely felt that Richard (Who is an awful driver mind you) didn't do anything out of the ordinary. The more likely thing that happend was that there was a pretty hefty load of cash delivered, under the table, to the FIA from G-Drive to let that maneuver slide.
I take it you read the stewards report which states
The report of the Technical Delegates conforms that the earlier braking of the car No 47 is the cause of the crash.

on the contrary of the 10 previous laps, the driver of the car No 47 shifted the 6th gear. That slowed down the car No 47 and caused a contact with the car No 28 behind.

that 4/10th later. the driver of the car No 47 begun his breaking zone 40m earlier than at the previous lap extending the braking zone from 150 to 190m.

That is this earlier braking that caused the crash and pit exit of the car No 47.

Watch from 6:22.35 and see the whole thing unfold or FF to 6:33.00,6:49.10 and the final assault at 6:54.36. I doubt it a accident that OnRoak is no longer working with G-Drive.

I take it you read the stewards report which states

I did read them. And although he may have been on the brakes earlier than normal, and maybe went up to sixth earlier than normal. I can tell you from watching the video, that Gustavo had every intention to take him out. Bradley holds to the same line on the circuit, whilst Gustavo moves from the inside to the out, and made contact during the middle. I think Bradley was right in braking early as they had half of their tires on the wet part of the surface with slick tires. So naturally he would have felt that he needed to use the brakes earlier in order to make the same corner. To me, Bradley has done nothing wrong here. Had I been the steward, I would have thrown Gustavo out of the series. It's completely unacceptable.

Not saying I disagree, but Bradley was driving like a 🤬 too. He was weaving back and forth on the straights, and cut Yacaman off multiple times prior to the incident. While I would never go so far as to punt another driver off, I would have certainly been wishing I could were I in Yacaman's place.

Back