2017 General WEC/ELMS/AsLMS Discussion ThreadSports Cars 

• Thread starter IforceV8
  • 2,611 comments
Furthermore, after almost two decades of Audi domination, I think both Porsche and Toyota would like to start their own dynasty.

Interesting notes from Aston Martin. Apparently they're hoping that at some point LMGTE and LMP will be balanced together to compete like 1990's, and there's also hope from them (though whimsical I'd say), of hyper cars being raced as GTP cars.

http://www.racer.com/wec-le-mans/item/138819-aston-martin-s-gaw-bullish-over-wec-gte-future

Not exactly sure it'll happen, GTE being cranked up to compete with LMP1 cars (more likely hyper cars to come in and compete against LMP1), but LMP2 being threatened by them would seem more feasible. GTE's future is bright though crazy thoughts aside.

Last edited:
C7DEBuXW0AIlbXV.jpg

I hate that Alpine rebadge crap they allow Signatech to pull.

Funny part is, its only the Orecas that have this going. Hell, the "R-One" was basically a P1 class Oreca 05.

Before then there was this:

lemans-24-hours-of-le-mans-2014-no-36-signatech-alpine-a450b-nissan-lmp2.jpg

And of course, the "Wolf GB08"

2015_44_Preliminaires.jpg

On the flip side though, I can root for an Oreca and not feel like crap since I basically despise them now :lol:

I think it would look even better with that big white stripe as more red and keep that twin double stripe of white/green.

Jesus, I think I was still in elementary school the last time I watched anything with Martin Haven Commentating.

a decent lineup for the TV side. Allan Mcnish (hello Allan McNish btw), has experience in racing the hybrid P1's so he knows the technology quite well.

Martin Haven will be main commentator, (just make sure he doesn't rant about the safety car (Links to a WTCC event back in 2009. play from 1:05 mark. later on he appeared on Midweek Motorsport and he ranted over 45mins (maybe longer) http://www.radiolemans.co/2009/05/20/midweek-motorsport-series-4-episode-19/ (the link for the podcast and yeah, have a good listen, you be surprised on how long the rant was. (the show is normally 2 hours long)

keeping Graham Goodwin a good idea, since he gets a lot news in the sportscar side working as editor for DailySportscar.com.

Ill would say Toby Moody would be the weaker of the 3 since he has more experience for bike commentary than cars but it be interesting on how it goes.

and Louise Beckett did a good job doing the pit reports for the TV side.

sad to see Hindy Leave but its understandable for him to return to RLM. he did brilliant commentary work there.

New Porsche 919 testing shown by endurance-info

Huge light assembly. No visible mirrors, (new for '17) raised front splitter, and rear diffuser.
I wasn't expecting such a substantial change at the front end. The headlights look awful but this is a very interesting evolution of the 919 Hybrid. You can see where the wing mirrors are, above the DHL sign obviously, has a clear acrylic section so as improve airflow. The devil is in the detail.

Back