2017 General WEC/ELMS/AsLMS Discussion ThreadSports Cars 

• Thread starter IforceV8
  • 2,611 comments
Diveplanes, front fender length, nosecone... they're all different.

Launch car-
C8QXv84XsAAto8V.jpg

Studio car-
TS050_HYBRID_2017_WEC-6.jpg

Yes, maybe, yeah ok to those 3 but a big change from 2016.

toyota-le-mans-2016-6.jpg

It will be interesting to see if both cars run tomorrow with the same aero or not.

EDIT:
***While the pair of Toyotas debuted in low-downforce trim, Vasselon said they will both run with the high-downforce aero kit at Silverstone and Spa, with the third entry to sport the Le Mans kit in Belgium. “At the moment it’s what’s likely to happen,” he said.

***Porsche has yet to declare what aero configuration its LMP1 contenders will be in for the first two rounds, in the wake of a reduction to only two kits allowed per season. “In theory, you could come with the low-downforce kit up to Le Mans, sacrifice Silverstone and have more time [to develop] a high-downforce kit and bring it for the Nürburgring,” Porsche LMP1 team principal Andreas Seidl said.

http://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/monza-friday-notebook-3/

Last edited:
How badly I want to visit the Spa 6hr race...

Anyone who's been there, and have any cost estimate besides the entry ticket I could expect?

Couldn't Porsche or Toyota have found any other different livery to choose!!? They look disappointingly have very similar colors :crazy: which I believe would make them harder to identify on track!

Diveplanes, front fender length, nosecone... they're all different.

Launch car-
C8QXv84XsAAto8V.jpg

Studio car-
TS050_HYBRID_2017_WEC-6.jpg

I hate the Launch car version, looks like a Toyota version of the animated batmobile. The Studio version is a wonderful looking car. And reminds me a lot of the audi, concept for their last car. Basically a LMP1 F1 car.

Nice job by Lapierre and Toyota to top the time sheets with a 1:30.547! That's about a second faster than the pole lap of the 800hp Peugeot 908 in 2008's lms race at Monza. Here's a nice video of the Toyota during the test

The fly-by at 02:30 sounds like a jet blasting by. I know it does not sound as cool as the previous 3.7lt V8 but it still sounds really good.

Neel Jani seems a little worried about the first race(s). Looks like Porsche will be running the low downforce package even though they haven't confirmed that.
Low DF it is. http://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/porsche-opts-for-low-downforce-aero-for-silverstone/

Early forecast for Silverstone this weekend has a slight chance of rain Saturday but dry Friday and Sunday, highs around 50.

WEC paywall prices are 24.99 euros for the season and 34.99 euros with Le Mans added- $26.47-$37.07 if the Google currency tool is correct. Current TV listings have Silverstone starting on FS1 for 2hrs then switching to FS2 with no thought given to starting the show 10 min early so the 1st hour will be a time traveling mess as they try to catch up to reality and cut content. I was undecided if I wanted to renew by subscription this year until I typed that, now I'm just annoyed that it feels like ransom.:irked:

Yea, if you really care and want to follow closely it's worth the price. For me I don't care enough and I usually find a live stream to watch most of the race anyway. Le Mans is special, Jalopnik which has it's HQ in New York City did a big party last year where people could come to their office and they showed the race on a huge projection monitor with games and things to keep us entertained through the night. I hope they do it again this year.

Yea, if you really care and want to follow closely it's worth the price. For me I don't care enough and I usually find a live stream to watch most of the race anyway. Le Mans is special, Jalopnik which has it's HQ in New York City did a big party last year where people could come to their office and they showed the race on a huge projection monitor with games and things to keep us entertained through the night. I hope they do it again this year.
I want a ticket to that. :lol:

It was free, just RSVP so they knew how much food and stuff to get. My brother drove up from Virginia and others came from around the country too. It would be a great place for all of us to meet up

Back