2017 General WEC/ELMS/AsLMS Discussion ThreadSports Cars 

• Thread starter IforceV8
  • 2,611 comments
Congrats to Toyota and Ferrari in GTE Pro. Did follow the race mostly without Sound during work, and also due to a very poor commentator on Sport1. Here are some his "Highlights":

- Andre Lotterer finishes on P4 in his Ferrari
- The Porsche spun after Contact with the Ferrari (the Gulf Porsche, who had contact with a Ford GT at Bus Stop)
- When Porsche #2 came back to the pits for slow puncture, he explained the slow puncture as: Porsche said he had contact and they are calling him in now to see if there is any damage
- The LMP1 are slower in the corners compared to LMP2 which makes it difficult to lap them

..and I hardly watched half an hour with sound (turned it on when I saw something unusual).

Regarding past years, the winning car from Spa did not stand on Top of the Podium in LeMans in the past twenty years. Maybe good sign for #7? (or Porsche?)

What an epic day at Spa!

I arrived about half an hour before the Porsche GT3 Cup started. Then I was immediately treated with the TCR race, only for that to immediately be followed up by the Formula V8 race.

As for the main event, the atmosphere was magnificent. The weather was perfect as well, although it became rather chilly in the evening. Still, I've got a sunburn.

The car that impressed me most having seen it in the flesh is the Ford GT. The LMP2 cars are loud, but the Fords are just on an entirely different scale. I don't care about the V8, because that Ecoboost engine is astonishing to behold. Definitely going to cheer for them at Le Mans!

I managed to spot some of the Ferrari drivers before the event, as well as Lapierre and McNish! But there's no way I was going to get an autograph just before the grid walk.

I did get to see the cars up close in park ferme after the race. It's incredible how small they are, and they look as though they were entirely made out of plastic!

I've got so many engine sounds in my head now, I'm going to have a good night's sleep!

I only just finished watching the 6h Spa-Francorchamps. What a terrific race yet again in the WEC. There may be only 2 LMP1 manufacturers but there isn't much between them.

I cannot but think that Porsche GT Team are 'doing a Ford' and sandbagging with the performance of it's new 911 RSR before 24h du Mans. If not then they are nowhere this season.

The Daddy of them all is next! Come on Toyota.

Last edited:
Hey guys, just a quick video I made at Spa. Nothing fancy, I've got some seperate footage of the cars going into a seperate video:

Finally this car makes sense.

***ByKolles Racing will forgo the remainder of the FIA World Endurance Championship season following next month’s Six Hours of Nürburgring. Director of Racing Operations Boris Bermes told Sportscar365 that it was in their plan all along to focus on the European races only this year, in order to have additional time to further develop its CLM P1/01 NISMO for 2018, which will see an influx of LMP1 Privateer entries on the grid.

http://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/le-mans-friday-notebook-5/

Kuwait Motor Town to replace Bahrain's wec race? Look at this track layout and tell me if you at least think it's better than Bahrain-

NlayCAL.jpg

Sector 2 looks interesting and is quite technical but does not appear to offer any overtaking opportunities. It is certainly inspired by turns people like at other circuits - T3 based on Laguna Secas Corkscrew, T5-T7 on the long first turn of Shanghai and T12-T15 on the brilliant triple-apex left from Turkey - so will garner some interest there.

It is always nice to see new circuits but I don't know if I would call it better than Bahrain which is a circuit I have always liked. I would rather go to Kuwait Motor Town, despite the crap name, than have the rumoured race at Red Bull Ring.

Back