2017 IMSA WeatherTech Sportscar Championship - General Season Discussion ThreadSports Cars 

  • Thread starter Thread starter IforceV8
  • 2,450 comments
  • 165,377 views
#4 and #66 collide and go off track.
Race leading #25 in pits for a cut down tire.
:eek:
 
That's the second time Milner loses the rear and takes Mueller along with him.

Happen at Lime Rock too.
 
That's the second time Milner loses the rear and takes Mueller along with him.

Happen at Lime Rock too.
A review and warning went to the #66 from race control for blocking.
 
Last edited:
The #66 may have squeezed him under braking, but there's nothing wrong with that, Mueller came back at the 'Vette at the end of the straight, and Milner just managed to loose it on the brakes. Don't think blame can be apportioned to either driver completely.
 
Great result for the #3 :D
Good to see Risi on the podium 👍
 
Last edited:
Aside from that, 'grats to the #3 'Vette for the win (as much as it grieves me :p), they stayed out of trouble and didn't put a foot wrong in fairness and got the win; be it gifted or earned depending on your point of view, but crucially they didn't make a mistake I guess.

Elsewhere, well mixed views, I mean it's awesome than the #67 GT managed to get the podium and get a strong 2nd, but the '66 had a tough day, and ultimately lost out which is a big shame... And the I feel for the MSR guys massively, they had an absolute stinker and had their race ruined by no fault of their own with that double retirement :banghead:.
 
IMSA Radio (Radio Le Mans) said that with the win, Lamborghini becomes the 6th different manufacturer in GTD to win this season.

Also worth noting that Weathertech still finished behind a Merc this race with the Porsche.
 
Aside from that, 'grats to the #3 'Vette for the win (as much as it grieves me :p), they stayed out of trouble and didn't put a foot wrong in fairness and got the win; be it gifted or earned depending on your point of view, but crucially they didn't make a mistake I guess.

Elsewhere, well mixed views, I mean it's awesome than the #67 GT managed to get the podium and get a strong 2nd, but the '66 had a tough day, and ultimately lost out which is a big shame... And the I feel for the MSR guys massively, they had an absolute stinker and had their race ruined by no fault of their own with that double retirement :banghead:.
Regarding the Fords, the #62 was hauling and finished just .6 seconds (I think) behind the #67, and the #4 had a cut tire on last lap and lost position to the #66 so atleast both Fords gained points where they could have lost a few.
 
Last edited:
Regarding the Fords, the #62 was hauling and finished just .6 seconds (I think) behind the #67, and the #4 had a cut tire on last lap and lost position to the #66 so atleast both Fords gained points where they could have lost a few.

That is a good point, as the damage was limited somewhat, and it wasn't too shabby a result overall really, certainly got a decent points haul as a team. Not sure where they stand in relation to the championship leading #3 'Vette, but I do know there can't be too much in it.

It's a good job that VIR is a narrow track where passing is difficult at best, as that certainly helped keep a hard charging #62 behind at the end :eek::lol:.
 
Last edited:
That is a very could point, so the damage was limited somewhat, and it wasn't too shabby a result overall really, certainly got a decent points haul as a team. Not sure where they stand in relation to the championship leading #3 'Vette, as I do know there isn't too much in it.

It's a good job that VIR is a narrow track where passing is difficult at best, as that certainly helped keep a hard charging #62 behind at the end :eek::lol:.
I think they said the #66 is 16 points behind the #3 and the #67 is in third, half a point behind the #66.
 
Oh blimey then! Closer than I thought actually, so still very much all to play for :D.
 
IMSA Radio (Radio Le Mans) said that with the win, Lamborghini becomes the 6th different manufacturer in GTD to win this season.

Also worth noting that Weathertech still finished behind a Merc this race with the Porsche.
And 9th different winner in 10 races. I feel like I lost out when first getting into motorsports by choosing Formula 1 instead of this stuff. I try now and there's so many teams and cars it's hard to keep track of it all.
 
Karem has unleashed the beast...Lally is a very ****ed off (and rightfully so) man. :scared:
 
I think they said the #66 is 16 points behind the #3 and the #67 is in third, half a point behind the #66.
^This is what was said during the broadcast at the end of the race. But this article on sportscar365 says the #3 is 16 points ahead of new second place runners Sims and Auberlen in the #25.
http://sportscar365.com/imsa/ctscc/continental-tire-vir-post-race-notebook/

If only the IMSA website didn't take 3 weeks to update championship point standings after the race.
 
Last edited:
Wiz
Yeah don't even bother looking at the main website for results. Go straight to the main results pages, they're updated almost immediately after the race - http://results.imsa.com/
I didn't even know about that, thanks. Wow top 4 in GTLM could be tight with the #3 having a 16 point lead, but 2nd - 4th only separated by 1 point.
 
McLaren investigating DPi and pushing for a global prototype formula.


I'll say that the odds of them actually joining are very low at best, but Zak Brown does have a point in that the top tier sports car ranks across the entire globe should be unified be it P1H, P1L, DPi, or something else altogether.

Also very interesting that GTE is possible in the future. It would be great if they did because Ford may well quash their GTE stuff after the contract extension is done.
 
Also very interesting that GTE is possible in the future. It would be great if they did because Ford may well quash their GTE stuff after the contract extension is done.
That's essentially what is going to happen. They only wanted the PR and they got it. They did mention possible customer cars (i.e. selling off what they have) after the 4 year program is done, but that probably won't amount to much unfortunately.
 
Back