2017 Liqui-Moly Bathurst 12 Hour | February 3-5Touring Cars 

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 482 comments
Bentley has always been very strong at Bathurst. I expect them to be at least competing for a podium.

Also, anyone seen any images of the Walkinshaw 911's, yet? Interested to see if they've finally got some type of livery or if they're just sticking with plain white for both cars.

IMG_1235.PNG

Nice.

Big thanks for taking the time to post that. 👍
It's just the factory Porsche scheme. Same as they've run for the past year.

I'd guess that Walkinshaw are only running the factory livery for the 12hr. They'll probably revert back to plain white for the Aus GT series. (Assuming they don't have any sponsors lined up.)

Money must be tight if they're running that outdated thing, it's not even the last iteration it's the one before it.

Are this the mid engine ones or no? I'm guessing the mid engine RSR is reserved for GTE/GTLM stuff.

The GT3 is still rear engine. The GTE car is the mid engine one and that was only introduced this year.

There isnt a massive selection of used Viper GT3 cars in Australia, I'm only aware of 3, the one racing this week which I'm sure is a former Greg Crick car, and Greg Crick's first Viper,
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/64/3_Greg_Crick_(TAS),_Dodge_Viper_GTS_ACR.JPG
And one similar run by D'arcy Russell

Wow it's actually 2 generations old. My point is for the money spent in doing this want not get some funding or start a gofund account and get something that can compete.

Wow it's actually 2 generations old. My point is for the money spent in doing this want not get some funding or start a gofund account and get something that can compete.

They aren't a pro team, they're just a couple of guys passionate about a specific race car, much like the Shelby Daytona they ran last year,
And from what we've seen in the PWC the newer Vipers aren't all that competitive,

They aren't a pro team, they're just a couple of guys passionate about a specific race car, much like the Shelby Daytona they ran last year,
And from what we've seen in the PWC the newer Vipers aren't all that competitive,
In PWC its a GTA team so not quick guys when put into perspective. When Kuno Wittmer made a cameo in a new GT3-R he got 2nd and 1st at St. Pete i want to say

They actually are quite quick considering the GTLM version won a championship and the GT3R isn't a massive derivation from the LM. The cars when put into competitive hands even, got good results so it's not an issue of the car.

It's great they run an older viper they like, doesn't change how out of touch it is with the rest of those around. Glad they're having fun with it.

In PWC its a GTA team so not quick guys when put into perspective. When Kuno Wittmer made a cameo in a new GT3-R he got 2nd and 1st at St. Pete i want to say

Any chance you can share what year that was? Id love to see it,
They actually are quite quick considering the GTLM version won a championship and the GT3R isn't a massive derivation from the LM. The cars when put into competitive hands even, got good results so it's not an issue of the car.

It's great they run an older viper they like, doesn't change how out of touch it is with the rest of those around. Glad they're having fun with it.

What's annoying is that the B12H is basically an SRO race without being SRO, they wont allow cars such as the Mosler in which would be around the same pace as the Viper which would become a class of its own,

Remember, the Daytona and even Mal Rose's V8 Supercar were faster than the then GT3 cars. Maybe(most likely) this Viper has better downforce. Might surprise us in a few hours time. :cheers:

Any chance you can share what year that was? Id love to see it,

What's annoying is that the B12H is basically an SRO race without being SRO, they wont allow cars such as the Mosler in which would be around the same pace as the Viper which would become a class of its own,
2015 the last year the McLaren 12c GT3 was raced by KPAX

There in the invitational class (Viper) so they won't be as quick as the outright cars anyway (due to regs).

They're a state racing team that puts together a 12hr effort each year.

That said, on the state level their Shelbyville Daytona was cleaning up and out performing a 458 gt3 and some Audis so they are good at making do with what they have.

2016 PWC Sprint X Laguna Seca

_GB10671.jpg

They ran more races in PWC in 2015, and a limited amount in the GTD class in IMSA in 2016. Lone Star racing, Dan Knox.

There in the invitational class (Viper) so they won't be as quick as the outright cars anyway (due to regs)
That is weird since the car is still listed on the FIA BOP table.

2016 PWC Sprint X Laguna Seca

_GB10671.jpg

They ran more races in PWC in 2015, and a limited amount in the GTD class in IMSA in 2016. Lone Star racing, Dan Knox.

That is weird since the car is still listed on the FIA BOP table.

I know of the Viper GT3 in IMSA, but GT/D is a different BoP to GT3 cars? Usually heavier and weaker in the power?

Back