2017 Liqui-Moly Bathurst 12 Hour | February 3-5Touring Cars 

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 482 comments
Happy to see some racing on TV again.
Looks like I've dragged myself kicking and screaming through another dead-zone of season change again. :lol:

I start work at 4:30am W.A.time, so I have no chance to watch the the race.
But hopefully the alarm bells ring loud enough for me to wake at 2:30am to watch the first hour of racing. :ouch:

Erebus aren't racing so all should be well. however, Baird did lose with Paul Morris for driving too long.

280 minutes for 3 driver team, 240 minutes for 4 driver team.
And wasn't the 'Dirty Dangerous Dude', Paul Morris, absolutely filthy with that call :lol:

Why have 2 cars withdrawn from the event?
If you're talking about Tekno, there's still the #1 McLaren which will start from the pitlane due to an engine change, but if you're talking about the BMW that's also been withdrawn, that was due to some damage on the side of the car that they couldn't repair in time for the race.

Can somebody please explain to me in simple terms how qualifying and the top 10 shoot out works? I'm confused. I thought it was like F1 but it's not. Or is it? :confused:

ELI5 for any reddit users out there. :)

Can somebody please explain to me in simple terms how qualifying and the top 10 shoot out works? I'm confused. I thought it was like F1 but it's not. Or is it? :confused:

Top 10 Shootout is individual flying laps for each of the top 10 fastest drivers from the qualifying session. Each driver gets 1 attempt on a clean track at a flying lap. 10th fastest goes first, fastest goes last. Top 10 grid spots are then based on the lap times of the shootout, even if they were slower than the qualifying times (can happen sometimes if conditions change).

Besides the Top 10 Shootout described above, the first quai session is with all classes on track. The second session is GT3 only, then the shootout. The shootout is common in VASC and I wish that more series did it.

Edit: Updated the NISMO TV link to direct to the race feed. Also updated the link to the starting grid.

Last edited:
Oh Jesus, the race is about to start isn't it? I saw that Nismo TV chart and thought it meant Tomorrow evening for some reason, despite that going against the Aus time difference.

Groan.

It's just showing the race logo for me, guessing it will go live at the bottom of the hour.

Weird how dark it is at 5:45am in the summer in Australia. Here in the UK, the sun rises around 4:30am in the height of summer!

Edit: Time.

Last edited:
Here we go people. Hopefully no one has their hero undies on (like last year) & we get a clean start.

Is the Channel 7 stream working for anyone in Aus? It won't load for me. The Nismo stream isn't available here, either. :banghead:

Edit: Nvm, it's working now
Edit 2: I got up at 5:30, only to find that the stream isn't working because of my ****** internet. GG

Last edited:
Good morning all!

Weird how dark it is at 6:45am in the summer in Australia. Here in the UK, the sun rises around 4:30am in the height of summer!

Daylight savings, they wind the clocks forward an hour. I'm in QLD which is normally in the same time zone and it's 4:48am now.

Back