2017 Liqui-Moly Bathurst 12 Hour | February 3-5Touring Cars 

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 482 comments
Looking forward to seeing what Mostert can do. Tipping him for pole, the guy is phenomenal over one lap.

That Walkinshaw 911 is one ugly beast.

Speaking of liveries, I really do not like the new Bentley scheme. :/

If only Chaz could drive for the entire 12 hours...
He just about did that in the 6hour.:lol:

Smooth smooth lap by Vilander. I think the Nissans have the better lineup persay. All six of the NISMO drivers seem even. I'm not brave enough to call it though.

That Walkinshaw 911 is one ugly beast.

Speaking of liveries, I really do not like the new Bentley scheme. :/
I agree about the 911. What's with the dayglo yellow front bumper? :yuck:

Awesome lap from Vilander 👍 So glad to see the Ferrari on pole.
Get a good start, build a lead of 1-2 seconds, stay out of trouble & win = happy me :D

If Whincup stuffs it up, I'm buying a Whincup doll & sticking pins in it :mischievous:

I agree about the 911. What's with the dayglo yellow front bumper? :yuck:

Awesome lap from Vilander 👍 So glad to see the Ferrari on pole.
Get a good start, build a lead of 1-2 seconds, stay out of trouble & win = happy me :D

If Whincup stuffs it up, I'm buying a Whincup doll & sticking pins in it :mischievous:
That's a good plan, but Buncombe is the king of making up 15 places in lap 1. We'll see. ;)

That's a good plan, but Buncombe is the king of making up 15 places in lap 1. We'll see. ;)
There's no need to go racing off into the distance, using up the car, when a Safety Car can negate all that effort to zip, nada, zilch :mad: :banghead:
1-2 seconds is enough of a gap to fend off the desperate lunge under brakes & deal with most situations in lapping traffic. If you come across a battling pack, choose your moment to pass wisely & build the gap again.

Oh, if Buncombe can make 15 places in a lap against this talented field, he'll deserve the win.

Chaz! Have him start and finish. PLEASE!

It was mentioned that the MARC M6 have said their race effectively begins at the 8 hour mark and their only goal is to be on the lead lap at that point.

I think we'll see Haber start, with Mostert only getting in the car for smaller stints to keep them on the lead lap, the overall plan being to save as much of Mostert's drive time up from him to bring it home at the end. As was mentioned, no benefit to using up your best driver just to have a gap destroyed by the safety car. You just need to stay on the lead lap through the day and then go on the attack at the end.

On that, what's the limit on seat time, both for a stint and overall?

Reviewing Vilander's pole lap and holy hell, he was ballsy as hell going into The Chase. I don't think I've ever seen someone go so deep and make the corner so well.

It was mentioned that the MARC M6 have said their race effectively begins at the 8 hour mark and their only goal is to be on the lead lap at that point.

I think we'll see Haber start, with Mostert only getting in the car for smaller stints to keep them on the lead lap, the overall plan being to save as much of Mostert's drive time up from him to bring it home at the end. As was mentioned, no benefit to using up your best driver just to have a gap destroyed by the safety car. You just need to stay on the lead lap through the day and then go on the attack at the end.

The question over seat time is a very good one that the teams had better all know backwards.
Still, I'll bet at least one car gets themselves in the poo over that issue.
IMG_0341.PNG

The question over seat time is a very good one that the teams had better all know backwards.
Still, I'll bet at least one car gets themselves in the poo over that issue.
View attachment 625249
Erebus aren't racing so all should be well. however, Baird did lose with Paul Morris for driving too long.

280 minutes for 3 driver team, 240 minutes for 4 driver team.

Back