2017 SUPER GT ThreadTouring Cars 

• Thread starter Suzumiya
  • 281 comments
You came into a thread dedicated to the series, what were you expecting to happen? :odd:
I already knew what happened since I saw it, but you never know who's gonna come in without seeing the result. Always better to put it in a spoiler just in case.

A really good video explaining what SuperGT is. I still don't know the tracks but at least I have a better understanding of what the cars are underneath the bodywork.

I assume they'll start at the top of the hour? That's midnight for me. And it's about 6 hours right? Should I sleep tonight?

Man, what a final few hours that was. What an insane, brilliant race. Drama galore right to the bitter end, and one hell of an underdog story.

I'm not sure whether to rejoice at the insanity of that superb race, or despair that it's the final time I'll get to experience it. Perhaps I'll do a bit of both.

Stopped watching the Nismo feed with 20 laps to go. Guess I'll look up the winner later.
They will put the race of their youtube channel later. Hopefully not in the same state as the live stream.

Was fun chatting people, while the power was going out.

Thing about the race: the track.
Suzuka seems too small for that race. I know Sugo is a short track, but I kept wanting cars to peel off down the shoreline or something.

It's like the cars should have run at Spa or the Nurb Full(Maybe not that long). Even at Bugatti Circuit. For that particular race.

I'm probably in the minority as a huge sportscar and endurance fan, but I won't be watching next year's Suzuka 10 Hours.

It's just a completely useless and meaningless idea to just take SUPER GT's biggest race and replace it with a series that people don't even know is a series. Plus with the influx of GT racing series in Asia organized by foreign associations it feels like an ego contest

I'm probably in the minority as a huge sportscar and endurance fan, but I won't be watching next year's Suzuka 10 Hours.

It's just a completely useless and meaningless idea to just take SUPER GT's biggest race and replace it with a series that people don't even know is a series. Plus with the influx of GT racing series in Asia organized by foreign associations it feels like an ego contest
Well... I don't think you'll find anybody that actually wants to lose the 1000K outside the people who made the deal.

Chang this weekend in the middle of a ton of ****. I won't be able to watch because of time zones and that's a shame. Track's amazing for these cars.

Interestingly enough no buffs or nerfs for the Motherchassis 86, which has been extremely dominant.

Chang this weekend in the middle of a ton of ****. I won't be able to watch because of time zones and that's a shame. Track's amazing for these cars.

Interestingly enough no buffs or nerfs for the Motherchassis 86, which has been extremely dominant.
Oh come on you know you want to stay up and watch it :lol:
It's perfectly timed, it should be starting just after Bathurst and the F1 race have finished. (Or as perfectly timed as a 1am start can be anyway)

Oh come on you know you want to stay up and watch it :lol:
It's perfectly timed, it should be starting just after Bathurst and the F1 race have finished. (Or as perfectly timed as a 1am start can be anyway)

I like not having hallucinations because of sleep deprivation, thank you very much XD

...doesn’t mean I won’t try though.

Back