2017 Virgin Australia Supercars Championship - Results and TalkTouring Cars 

  • Thread starter Thread starter Spacegoat
  • 3,963 comments
  • 194,249 views


Tested with the V8 it seems?


Not surprising since, that's what they'll mainly run next season in this body anyways. This is probably just a test to make sure the aero and car itself is in working order.
 
Sure does open the designs for the Mondeo, Stinger, Lexus IS.
 
So this determines whether or not Sandown will remain a venue for motorsport? What a load of rubbish, let the contract run it's course.
It's not confirmed but thats what I reckon will happen
 
As far as I'm concerned, if the FIA want changes made to Turn 6, they have two options.

1. Safer barrier type fence or,

2. Line the right hand side of the track from the end of the back straight down to Dandenong Rd corner, in a constant arch, with the same concrete barriers they use on the street circuits, ala Turn 8 at Adelaide.
 
👍

Hoping Walkinshaw will do the same for Pye's car.
 
Jack Perkins' helmet for the 1000. Paying tribute to the 20th anniversary of his father's last Bathurst victory.

DK2YbiUUMAAPduO.jpg
 
Last edited:
The original Fox Sports story was about Jack paying tribute to his 'late' father. I was very confused for a few minutes. They changed it after about half an hour.

The retro helmet idea could be pretty cool. Bring back the open face, I reckon.
 
The original Fox Sports story was about Jack paying tribute to his 'late' father. I was very confused for a few minutes. They changed it after about half an hour.

You can thank good old James Phelps for that.
DK24dpkUQAAkDl6.jpg


Wish he'd stick with his crime books and leave the reporting to someone who actually knows what they're talking about. :rolleyes:
 
He's a turkey.

Fox just posted a story from Allan Moffat's book, all about his time with Peter Brock, not a bad read. Might have to pick up the book.
I think that'll definitely be a 'must read'.

Oh, you're turkey description is seconded 👍
 
Remember the Bathurst Channel, on 506, starting Monday @12:00AM.
I know what I'll be doing for the Labour Day public holiday.
 
Took a drive to check out how he Newcastle circuit is looking. Turn1 is smooth as silk. The big concrete roundabout is gone. Pitlame just need the facilities built and Shortlamd Esplanade is just about done.

They're still working on the Nobby's Beach Reserve. Still working on Fort Scratchley. Seriously epic, when it's all done.
 


Bring this show back. Funny that Skaife and Ingall get along quite well here, they're whole scuffle must've blown by quicker than everyone makes it out to be.
 
They're recapping 2005 right now, before the complete 2006 1000.

Last year's 1000 was something. Exciting to the end.

Edit: 34 cars in the 2006 race. I wish.
 
Revised livery for Courtney for the rest of the year.

HSV-new-livery-640x431.png


Not too sure about the two tone look. Probably will grow on me.
 
Back