2017 Virgin Australia Supercars Championship - Results and TalkTouring Cars 

  • Thread starter Thread starter Spacegoat
  • 3,963 comments
  • 194,263 views
Just speculating: Could Caltex be back on a Falcon in 2018. Hmm?

They're staying with 888. Of course some sponsors are on multiple teams such as Boost and Wilson in the past, but I don't see it likely at all that Caltex would leave 888 after being with them for a decade.


Edit: Plus, PRA have Castrol and DJRTP have Shell so there isn't any open spaces for a Fuel and Oils sponsor.
 
I suspect Craig has a financial interest on some level in the #888 franchise.

Paul Dumbrell owns a stake in Triple 8 itself, doesn't he? Would be interesting to see if Lowndes owns a piece too.
 
Paul Dumbrell owns a stake in Triple 8 itself, doesn't he? Would be interesting to see if Lowndes owns a piece too.
Yes, it was announced that PD had a stake.
Nothing has been made public about CL..........yet. He may want to keep it quiet though so, maybe we'll never know whether he does or doesn't.
 
Rain forecast for Saturday. Should be a lively weekend.
 
I can hear the cars from the job I'm at today, pretty insulting. Meant to get about 30mm tomorrow so could get a bit wild out there.
 
Don't be surprised if we end up getting the Safety Car 600 :rolleyes:
 
The commentators usually talk up the carnage of this round much more than what actaully happens though. Last few years have been quite quiet in terms of incidents, with the Coulthard/Tander crash last year being the only large one.
 
The commentators usually talk up the carnage of this round much more than what actaully happens though. Last few years have been quite quiet in terms of incidents, with the Coulthard/Tander crash last year being the only large one.
Bit like the Sydney race in that regard, just nowhere near as overhyped as the GC600 actually puts on some good races.
 
Moffat hard into the tyres at T11.
His days are numbered.
 
Golding in the 34 next year 100%. Moffat probably would make a good co driver.
 
Or the GCTimeCertain
No way in hell are we going to see 600km of racing or, trundling around behind the SC.

As sure as the Sun will rise tomorrow morning, both races will end up as time certain finishes.
 
Ouch. Big hit in Aussie Racing Cars. One car took off the boot and you can see the driver thats stuck, waiting for the impact. The next car arrives and just could not see the parked car. The driver that got hit, is walking around. The driver that made contact, a bit worse off.
 
Yes, it was announced that PD had a stake.
Nothing has been made public about CL..........yet. He may want to keep it quiet though so, maybe we'll never know whether he does or doesn't.

Here's your answer. Lowndes: Why I won't be a team owner.

So the whole Autobarn Lowndes Racing thing is name only, sort of similar to Team Brock back in the early 2000's.
 
Here's your answer. Lowndes: Why I won't be a team owner.

So the whole Autobarn Lowndes Racing thing is name only, sort of similar to Team Brock back in the early 2000's.
I'll admit I'm hardly surprised by what CL had to say.

Having said that, I can remember Jim Richards & John Bowe saying the exact same thing years ago.
Now, Jim owns his operation & JB only sold 'Sally' last year so, once Craig is finished with Supercars, he might be tempted to dabble in something he enjoys in a more relaxed way.

I know he owns & is restoring his first Formula Ford, a Van Diemen RF85 I got to drive for 6 laps at Sandown way back in 1991.
 
Red flag by the #99.

3 Nissans in the top 10. Shell v-power are out of the 10 for the moment. 2 minutes to go.
 


Last time it rained at a GC race weekend...

Bill Woods commentary isn't great, not supposed to make the viewer think of the worst possible outcome really.
 
I can't see any of this massive carnage happening like they are hyping it up to be. I wish they would ease up on it a little bit.
 
Um, why are we getting a second warm up lap? Did I miss something?
 
Awesome. 👍👍


Great qualifying results for Caruso and Todd. What happened to the DJRTP cars though? :crazy:
If DJRTP come back and finish well, that's good. I'm actually hoping for the Nissans to finish up the top. Especially for the #78 to finish in the top 10.

Edit: Two warm up laps for the codrivers confidence. Some haven't run in the wet today.
 
I can't see any of this massive carnage happening like they are hyping it up to be. I wish they would ease up on it a little bit.
Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if we see a repeat of Bathurst. Not a single accident in the rain. Hopefully we see a repeat of Bathurst in that sense.
 
Youlden has managed to climb up 7 positions in one lap, amazing.

EDIT- Premat complaining about the rain, then spins out. I wonder if that would have happened had he not been complaining.
 
Last edited:
I can see McLaughlin’s championship hopes slipping away. :(
 
Scotty's championship is done now. Whincup to win it now.
 
Back