2017 Virgin Australia Supercars Championship - Results and TalkTouring Cars 

• Thread starter Spacegoat
  • 3,963 comments
Can't blame any of the drivers getting animated about the blue flags, it takes race control 3/4 off a lap for the official flag to come out. Imagine how angry certain F1 drivers would get with that ;)

Huge day for Scotty, never would've expected that from 13th with T8 locking out the front of the grid. Great for Mozzie to bank some points and see him take out the Enduro Cup! Keeps everyone honest in the championship.

Aaaaannnnd he's out of fuel.

So given where the #17 started back on row 7, the earlier pitstop to get the undercut & running out of juice on the return to pitlane, I'd love to know how much fuel the RBHRT cars have left in the tank.
They've either got terrible economy for the power they produce or, whoever crunches the fuel numbers in that team got it wrong.

Closes things up in the points though so, good race.

Good job by the #22. They start and finish good, Here's hoping next year, they're consistent.

WR cars have always been pretty consistent on street circuits. It's everywhere else that's the problem. :lol: :indiff: Hopefully the connection with Andretti's engineers can fix that.

Last edited:
Yeah I quite like the improved production especially if Jordan Cox in his mental Civic is racing imagine that around the streets of Newcastle
Just came back from doing a 3/4 lap with the family(Shortland Esplanade is still closed, but paved). The circuit sure is wide enough, everywhere. The grandstands at the final turn, next to pit entry, look cool, but they face the final turn. Which means, those people can't see the run down the front straight.
I'm thinking the cars will pull 4th gear up Watt St(good passing spot). Maybe cheeky passes through Turns 5, 6, 7. The run past Fort Scratchley, has a kink on the left. However, barriers aren't there yet. So, maybe they'll straighten that part. Continuing that run to the Horseshoe Beach hairpin, even though it looks wide, someone is getting punted.
The Aussie Race Cars are going to steal the show.

https://www.speedcafe.com/2017/10/24/bamber-steps-supercars-co-drive-search-gc600/
On his instagram story he was hanging out with SVG and Matt Campbell's car so I'm just saying
Get him and Stanaway together. If not, he could replace Jack Perkins.

Hmm, Roland Dane at Fuji? Was this the 6 hours of Fuji?

Late starts again:

http://www.supercars.com/news/championship/coates-hire-newcastle-500-schedule-unveiled/

Supercars will take to the 2.63km street circuit track for the first time for Practice 1 from 12:10pm on the Friday.

A second 40-minute practice session will follow, before qualifying at 11:00am and the first 95-lap, 250km race at 3:45pm on Saturday.

Sunday’s Supercars running consists of qualifying from 11:20am, the ARMOR ALL Top 10 Shootout at 12:50pm and the final race of 2017 from 3:40pm.

Last edited:
Starting at 3:45 and 3:40, you already know that 1 or 2 safety cars (which won’t surprise me to see considering it’s a new track) and we’ll go time certain.

Probably the most exctited I’ve been for a round in a while, love seeing new stuff in action.

I'm not much a fan of Jacobson. Was so hoping PRA would back Lebrocq.

Think PRA would get LDM to take Jacobson? He knows the FG X. Having Rullo try to learn a new car , would just kill forward progress. Especially before the "new" 2019 car. They could get two Mega sponsored cars in the deal and have Rullo co drive, along with an international or S2 driver.

Back