2017 Virgin Australia Supercars Championship - Results and TalkTouring Cars 

  • Thread starter Thread starter Spacegoat
  • 3,963 comments
  • 194,248 views
I don’t remember Blanchard saying that he is leaving?
He hasn't officially, but I'm sure he's giving that seat up. He's mentioned selling the REC or continuing to run the team. Plus Macauley might be stepping up. We'll see.
 
Yay! I'd say this is right up there with having my first child.

Who asked for this right after Jason Bright announced the news? I must have some sort of luck this month.
 
As much grief as we've given both Bright and Todd over the past few years. It is going to be very weird not to see either on the grid next season.
 
Nissan Financial Services livery for Caruso this weekend.

Nissan-Caruso-640x436.png

It would have been weird if they both were still on the grid next year. :p

Fair enough. :lol:
 
What's cool about Nismo this weekend. If you have Nissan keys, they'll let you in the VIP viewing area.
 
What's cool about Nismo this weekend. If you have Nissan keys, they'll let you in the VIP viewing area.
They’ve been doing that for a few years now. At Clipsal, they’ll setup their viewing area between turns 9 and 10, a pretty decent spot for the price of general admission.
 
Why are they so upset specifically...it bring financial gains to their area, and yet they are mad and wish to vandalize why?
Except for when I lived in Melbourne for nearly 2 years, I've been in Newcastle since I left the states 10 years ago. Newcastle was run down. People would call Newcastle a hole, but it has the best beaches. It only started rebuilding last few years. The streets and sidewalks were bad, all the heritage buildings "the few protesters" want to protect, were run down as well.
The children's park they were up in arms about, had 2 swings. Yet, they're crying about "Kids live here". People in the East End, are afraid the rumble of the cars would destroy the buildings. Most aren't angry about the series, they just prefer it be at a permanent race track.
Again, if VASC hadn't made this deal, all the civic works(except the Light Rail currently under construction) would still be in limbo with council.

Guess this means Lebrocq has the seat.
https://www.speedcafe.com/2017/11/22/kelly-unlikely-continue-enduro-co-driver/


No time to rest
 
Last edited:
What's next? "BLUE22!... BLUE22!..."


23Red is an ad agency.
 
The Supercars site is reporting that Phil Munday has confirmed that LDM's second REC has been sold to Prodrive. (Pending approval from the Supercars board). Interesting to see what happens with Bright's REC now. Matt Stone Racing anyone?
 
The Supercars site is reporting that Phil Munday has confirmed that LDM's second REC has been sold to Prodrive. (Pending approval from the Supercars board). Interesting to see what happens with Bright's REC now. Matt Stone Racing anyone?
In his interview with Fogarty, he was saying how he'd take his REC and make a team. Guess that's MSR. I don't know.
 
What's next? "BLUE22!... BLUE22!..."


23Red is an ad agency.

The ad agency was the first thing that came up when I searched it, but they use a different logo and are based in London. Odd.
 
Not liking that "023". Though their current Coca-Cola or a new Big Red sponsor, would be cool liveries.
 
In his interview with Fogarty, he was saying how he'd take his REC and make a team. Guess that's MSR. I don't know.

Would be nice to see MSR and Hazelwood in the main game.
Not liking that "023".

Hope they're not planning on running that number. Bit weird to have #23 and #023 on the grid.
 
I'm scared about the Lebrocq uncertainty. Thought it was a sure thing. He's driving one, he's a proven race winner in anything, mature, he fits in with a big manufacturer like Nissan. Hope he doesn't become a Holdsworth, Moffat or Davison, bouncing from team to team.
 
I'm scared about the Lebrocq uncertainty. Thought it was a sure thing. He's driving one, he's a proven race winner in anything, mature, he fits in with a big manufacturer like Nissan. Hope he doesn't become a Holdsworth, Moffat or Davison, bouncing from team to team.

Interesting to read that Le Broq is in frame for the Tekno seat. Thought for certain that he'd take over from Todd, when he called it a day. Wonder who will Nissan get now?

He sure has made some strange decisions over the years.
 
Wish they would stream the practice sessions on SuperView. At least for this weekend anyway, being a new track and all.
 
Back