2017 Virgin Australia Supercars Championship - Results and TalkTouring Cars 

  • Thread starter Thread starter Spacegoat
  • 3,963 comments
  • 194,256 views
I caught a glimpse of some highlights on the TV just before & it looks like they've changed Lowndes' 888 retro livery :odd:

In what way? Didn't see a lot of the coverage yesterday either but going off of their twitter. It looks the same to me? At least from the side anyway. :lol:



Craig-Lowndes-5-640x380.png
 
In what way? Didn't see a lot of the coverage yesterday either but going off of their twitter. It looks the same to me? At least from the side anyway. :lol:



Craig-Lowndes-5-640x380.png

There must've been something in the cigarette I was smoking at the time.

I could've sworn the white was replaced with the current corporate turquoise & that the Caltex wording was in white.

Is there another Caltex car there this weekend in S2?
I thought Gracie was parked for the rest of the year.
If not, I'm making an appointment with an Optometrist :dopey:
 
Yeah, BOys is taking Gracie's place.

Well, GT's are on track and it's a sunny morning. Here we go!
 
Red Flag. Moffat stuck on wet grass. As it stands, Nissan 1,2,3. Wouldn't that be something?
 
Hopefully that last session is a good sign for the weekend. But I may be hoping for too much.

Edit: Going to miss qualifying. Boo.
 
I've got confidence in the 4 car squad. I think the Co-driver qualy will be good for the Nissans.

Edit: Lebrocq in P5, Fullwood P10, Davies P11 in S2.
 
Last edited:
What does Calsonic do? Because whatever they do, they should enter the Australian market and sponsor the Nissan full time, because that livery is fantastic.
 
Awesome Qualifying. Top 10 within .3 seconds!
 
There must've been something in the cigarette I was smoking at the time.

:lol:👍
Is there another Caltex car there this weekend in S2?
I thought Gracie was parked for the rest of the year.

Some young bloke called Jordan Boys has taken her place for the weekend and maybe for the rest of the year. Looks like Caltex are staying with that team for now, anyway.
What does Calsonic do?

They make various components for cars. Apparently.

Wow, had no idea that they've been supplying radiators for Torro Rosso.
 
Nissan have a fair stake in Calsonic, so Calsonic probably aren't paying for the sponsorship for this weekend. I don't think Calsonic would be paying the money for a market they're not in.
 
That was a huge one in TCM. Don't know if the race will be restarted, barrier is destroyed.
 
That is one sad looking Torana. Always heart breaking to see a crash in TCM.
 
I don't think Calsonic would be paying the money for a market they're not in.
Oh they probably are down there in some capacity. They make OE parts for Nissan's, so there's a chance at minimum the exhaust system on cars sold down there is made by them.
 
Talbot you turkey.
 
The graphics that they use when showing the grid look terrible. You'd think in 2017 they would be able to have better car models.
 
The graphics that they use when showing the grid look terrible. You'd think in 2017 they would be able to have better car models.

Haha I've always thought that too. They were terrible when they started using them years ago and they've hardly changed them. They're better off just using a still photo.
 
There's no possible way that move can deemed 'ok'. Dumbrell divebombed him and ran him off the track. The divebomb was so big that Dumbrell himself couldn't help but go off the track. Completely idiotic if there's no penalty for that.
 
Oh man. I don't think I took a breath for a good two minutes there. Amazing how Hazelwood just walked away from that.
 
Woah.
 
Webbhead was too crazy there. Disturbing the #78 airflow and should have backed way off.
 
Such a relief to see Todd walk away from that. That was seriously scary. There's nothing left of that car. :scared:
 
Back