2017 WEC 6 Hours of Silverstone - Results @ Post #110

I'm watching the timing and scoring, and this looks intense. Hopefully the WEC can upload the race to Youtube. So want to see this.

That was Molina in the 54 Ferrari I guess, they didnt finish the race and will not score points.

Toyota winning is expected but they Porsche was way closer than they should have been with their low DF setup. However they were barely any faster in the traps than the Toyota's high DF setup so Spa should be interesting.

P1 and P2 in LMP2 were both under investigation for speeding under FCY but...?

GTE was great but did was it the tires that put the Aston's so far back?

C9jVMnKUMAE1ybd.jpg

They really struggled in the 2nd sector, Brooklands to Chapel. Aero grip, or lack of tire grip? Or both.
I can't picture Porsche having issues with aero, considering its Porsche. They are too damn thorough on anything they work on.

To be more accurate, it's better because now that the engine has been moved they are able to have the bigger diffuser. A really cool strategy call after all these years of keeping the engine where it is.

To be more accurate, it's better because now that the engine has been moved they are able to have the bigger diffuser. A really cool strategy call after all these years of keeping the engine where it is.

Where it was you mean? :sly:

But yeah I think the overall balance is improved and once they get the BoP corrected the car will be quite strong.

The engine should be on the rear. There are suposse to be GT cars, not prototypes. If you want a mid engine GTLM, make a mid engine street car. Although is not Porsche's fault, they just do everything possible to win.

Back