2017 World Rally ChampionshipRally 

• Thread starter Accro2008
  • 776 comments
And yet, they haven't done that.

Maybe because M-Sport can't afford it? Why would they pay extra fees just so privateers can score points in the teams championship? Privateers don't care.

This is totally besides the point anyway as the original discussion was about how Hyundai would run a 4 car team if they sign Mikkelsen!

This is totally besides the point anyway as the original discussion was about how Hyundai would run a 4 car team if they sign Mikkelsen!
Which has been explained to you: they would enter Mikkelsen separately and he would not be eligible to score manufacturer points. If Hyundai nominated him to score, then one of their existing drivers would have to be registered separately. They would run four cars, but under the regulations, only three would be able to score manufacturer points.

It's like banging my head against a brick wall. They get around that by entering as two manufacturers, Hyundai 1 and Hyundai 2, each have two cars under them.

They get around that by entering as two manufacturers
No, that's banned. When they did it previously, each manufacturer team got 42 days of testing in a year. As soon as you ran a second team, you got 84 days of testing. The FIA wanted to end that, so they limited manufacturers to one team that is eligible to score points.

Toyotas engine overheating again, what a pity I thought Latvala could challenge for victory. If Toyota doesn´t fix this Latvalas title hopes are certainly over.

Evans hangs onto the lead after pretty much the entire field has a scrappy day. Can he hang on for his and DMACK's first WRC win?

In other news, Meeke rolled for the second time in 2 days...

Well that was tense. Argentina always seems to deliver an interesting rally. I feel for Elfyn so much but credit to Thierry for that comeback.

It was close. Neuville beats Evans by 0.7 seconds. Which makes it the third closest rally of all time.

Evans lost it by driving into a bridge. Have to feel for the man, really.

It was close. Neuville beats Evans by 0.7 seconds. Which makes it the third closest rally of all time.

Evans lost it by driving into a bridge. Have to feel for the man, really.

They already updated it on Wikipedia. I think Neuvilles victory puts Paddon in a tough position, now he may have to follow team orders to let Neuville win if he is second.

9EFE0t0.png

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_World_Rally_Championship_records

Neuvilles victory puts Paddon in a tough position, now he may have to follow team orders to let Neuville win if he is second.
That's unlikely to happen. Paddon is struggling at the moment. He has never driven a car with an electronic centre differential before, and the team is having to turn it down to recreate the feel of the 2016 cars so that Paddon can fine-tune his setup. They'll gradually turn the differential back up, but they don't really expect him to be a team leader this year.

That's unlikely to happen. Paddon is struggling at the moment. He has never driven a car with an electronic centre differential before, and the team is having to turn it down to recreate the feel of the 2016 cars so that Paddon can fine-tune his setup. They'll gradually turn the differential back up, but they don't really expect him to be a team leader this year.

At which year was Centre Differential banned? I think most drivers haven´t driven in the championship with one

The Rally Portugal entry list has been published, but Andreas Mikkelsen is not in a WRC car - he'll continue his WRC-2 campaign with Škoda.

It looks like Mikkelsen couldn't get a WRC drive in Portugal because Škoda said no:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/129289/mikkelsen-unable-to-get-wrc-seat-for-portugal

They entered two Fabia R5s; one for Pontus Tidemand, and a second which would normally be driven by Jan Kopecký. However, Kopecký isn't available because he's contesting a round of the Czech national championship. As Škoda need to fill the second car, Mikkelsen got the call-up.

However, it's expected that he will get another test day on gravel before Portugal.

Not related to Tommi in any way, I think. Just a coincidence that they had the same surname but then again it's one of the most common in Finland.

They both have their strengths. New Zealand has some spectacular roads, would capitalise on the popularity of Hayden Paddon, and if twinned with Australia would probably make the long-haul flyaway leg at the end of the season much more manageable (and if it gets a September date, it would likely restore the Wales Rally GB to its rightful place as the final round). Croatia, on the other hand, would offer the opportunity for another mixed-surface event as right now the concept is really just a novelty in Catalunya, would probably draw large crowds, and also has spectacular roads.

I don´t get why they didn´t filled in another round after China was not scheduled to return in 2017. I have my worst fears and next year we still probably gonna have the same bland tiny 13 round calendar and Rally Finland 2.0 (Poland) will still be on the calendar. I wish Croatia could replace Poland when have New Zealand as 14th round, and if there will be 16 rounds add Japan and some other east Asian country like Indonesia or Malaysia

In the past they where able to throw in Rally Cyprus the same year Rally China got cancelled in year 2000
Because the FIA were already considering Cyprus as a future event at the time. The Cypriots had successfully run their candidate rally and were looking to join the calendar from 2001. Neither New Zealand nor Croatia have run a candidate event this time.

I vote for New Zealand too! I miss those roads with natural good camber. :D
And let's wait to see Mikkelsen in a WRC car in a other time.

Back