2017 World Rally ChampionshipRally 

• Thread starter Accro2008
  • 776 comments
Hyundai is already getting their moneys worth it seems. Mikkelsen grabs an early lead in rally de espana, followed by Østberg in 2nd.
Ogier still in the mix in third, despite having the disadvantage of being the front runner.

Even if Mikkelsen wins Hyundai will still be way off the points to close in on M-Sport

update 8/10/17: Neuville retires such a shame, imagine if the won Monte and Sweden he would still have a chance to take the title.

Last edited:
Neuville shoots himself in the foot again. Ogier on course for 2nd and probably some Power Stage points. He might take the title in Wales.

Neuville shoots himself in the foot again. Ogier on course for 2nd and probably some Power Stage points. He might take the title in Wales.

He already took the title by now unless he get incredible bad luck and retires in Wales and Australia without a single point, not very likely

He already took the title by now unless he get incredible bad luck and retires in Wales and Australia without a single point, not very likely

Neuville has only himself to blame. He has what is iikely the fastest car and he binned it in 4 rallies this year. Ogier is going to win through pure consistency with 8 podiums this season.

Neuville has only himself to blame. He has what is iikely the fastest car and he binned it in 4 rallies this year. Ogier is going to win through pure consistency with 8 podiums this season.

Yes I agree Neuville made some really foolish mistakes. I remember when he said before Germany that he would avoid cutting in the corners to avoid risk damaging the car and what happened? He cutted a corner and damaged a wheel.

Update 13:17: Kris Meeke wins in Catalunya!

Last edited:
And Tanak is up to P2 in the championship, M-Sport is 5 points away from the Manufacturers'. Ogier has a lead of 37 points over Tanak with 60 points up for grabs.

If the calendar was bigger lets say 16 rounds he would still be in the fight for the title. I really start to wonder why they don´t shrink the ending of the season? Whats the point to always have a massive 6 week gap if they are gonna keep this abysmal 13 round calendar? Make WRC end in Oktober and close the gaps, makes sense to me.

Edit 2017-10-18: Now It´s confirmed Ott Tänak joins Toyota

http://www.wrc.com/en/wrc/news/october-2017/tanak-decision/page/4940--12-12-.html

seems Toyotas hopes of winning next year are very bright now but what is gonna happen with M-Sport if Ogier also leaves for another team?

Last edited:
Now that’s a turnout. I count 10 champion drivers and 4 champion co-drivers in that shot.
0DF113D3-2C10-4CCC-839A-1D638868FD5B.jpeg

Like J Clarkson's apt analogy - if someone's successful/ renowned/ good at something and they're from Scotland (or Wales, N. Ireland), then they're always considered British or from the UK for official purposes. :lol:

Indeed I said the same thing about Meeke in another place, when he won his second rally this year. All of a sudden he wasn't some clumsy driver, but a winning Brit driver.

WRC live on CH5 in the UK now.
Yesterday, i made a mistake while typing a channel number and landed on a channel i never go to (L'Equipe TV, France). For a pleasant surprise: they were broadcasting WRC, which i thought wasn't on TV at all. :D
Too bad i missed the final today.

So now Clarkson can call Evans a British Driver! hehehehe

And this season has been the most interesting one for a long time!

Last edited:
Back