Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Motorsport' started by Accro2008, Nov 30, 2016.
He is going to test for Citroën and PSA is launching "PSA Motorsport".
I wrote off Citroen in december 2016 when I saw the driver line up
Maybe he´s looking for a record breaking 80 victories? It will be interesting if he can still show pace consider he´s 43
Loeb is only testing the car, he's not planning to compete
for the forth time the Yaris screws up for Latvala, he´s out now and Lappi takes lead with 54s
Wow, what a rally that was. Well done to Lappi, he's gonna be the future of rally. Props too to Evans for getting second in amongst all that. And Neville's power stage third means the championship is all tied up... Make no mistake, WRC is back alright.
Yes thats incredible first win after only 4th event in a World Rally Car imagine Toyotas position in the Manufacturer Championship if he got a full season. Also with Neuville equal in points with Ogier means this will be a very even fight starting in Germany.
So apparantly New Zealand will never return
If it have a paywall I will copy the text here:
Rally Turkey looks to be closing on a return to the World Rally Championship, with Croatia also tipped for a 2018 calendar spot.
Though New Zealand had initially been thought the most likely addition to the 2018 WRC schedule, Autosport understands its hopes have diminished.
Sources within WRC Promoter and the FIA have confirmed to Autosport that Turkey is ready with a new gravel rally, most likely for a September date next season. The country last featured on a WRC calendar in 2010 (pictured above).
WRC Promoter will present its 2018 calendar to the WRC Commission meeting in Germany later this month.
It is at that meeting that Rally Poland's fate is expected to be decided.
The Mikolajki-based event is thought almost certain to be dropped next year after spectator control problems last month.
Croatia's hopes of a first WRC round depend on Poland being ditched. Croatian prime minister Andrej Plenkovic met a WRC delegation in Zagreb earlier this year, where discussions centred on strong government support for a mixed-surface event.
One source said: "If Poland goes and the promoter is still pushing for 14 rounds next year then the understanding is that Croatia's in.
"If Poland is lost - and all indications are that this will be the case - then it depends if the promoter can convince the FIA of Croatia's readiness and the manufacturers of its value."
Officials within the New Zealand camp are said to be bemused at their chances of a calendar slot diminishing.
They remain committed to running a candidate event the weekend after Rally Australia in November and to keep pushing for a WRC return as soon as possible.
We've had 1.3km of stages so far and Kris Meeke is already having to use Rally2 after ripping a wheel off on a concrete block.
So running true to form then
Citroen must be losing patience by now.
That is so Kris Meeke.
Bet you someone called Sebastien will be sitting in his seat this time next year.
Yes and no.
Yes, it's so Meeke
No, if you're suggesting Loeb will be back full time in the WRC.
Loeb has nothing left to prove in the world of WRC & the only thing I can see that would tempt him back is the added speed of the new generation cars.
Other than that, I think it's wishful thinking
At least Citroën has something to smile about now. Mikkelsen finishing the day 2nd overall probably helps keeping the morale up. Although Meeke probably doesn't feel any less pressured by it.
So Neuville retires? Now the championship is certainly over unless Ogier makes a huge mistake in the next 3 rounds. Can´t stop thinking of the 2 first events where Neuville was in the lead but crashed.
I think that Neuville will not be champion this year too.
But looks like next year will be very interesting!
I am not sure about that, New Zealand will not return and Turkey gets added to the calendar, political instability will probably cause it to be cancelled.
Considering various races take place in other unstable nations...you're a bit out of touch with that assumption.
What unstable places can you think of? Surely something will happen in Turkey soon, they shot down a russian jet that was fighting IS leading to alot of tension between Russia and Turkey. Pretty much any country laying close to the mideast is in huge trouble.
You can't seriously be taking an event that happened in 2015 as justification for a rally event being shut down that hasn't yet happened. Bahrain has had protests before and since the 2011 Bahrain GP was postponed and yet F1 goes there. China and Russia have vast political issues and tensions and yet get visits, Brazil has issues too to the point drivers have been endangered outside the race track, still gets visits. And this is just F1 circuits the FIA allows, there are many others.
Alright you got a point
Mikkelsen is joining Hyundai for the three remaining rallies of the season.
I think it's safe to say it's highly likely we'll see Mikkelsens name on the team roster come 2018 as well. He's in it to win championships, and at the moment, Hyundai has the best package to do just that. Hyundai as well is going for that manufacturer trophy and want the strongest possible lineup.
Sordo out then for 2018?
Craig Breen who been consistent and taken 64 points so far get snubbed in favor of Kris Meeke with 31 points and been crashing pretty much every single event. What are they thinking?
Granted, Craig Breen hasn't yet won a rally while crashing through an actual car park, so of course he's worse than a man who could not be less suitable for the C3 if he was actually designed for it. Of course, at the moment he appears to have been designed simply to have an enormous accident at varying degrees of competitiveness (unless he's in Corsica, in which case he is just unlucky). But evidently, 1 win > a guaranteed 5th place.
And you wonder why Citroen is last. Way to respond to your second best result of the season and promptly losing the man who got you it. Deep down, they must want any excuse to have Loeb in their car again...
Mikkelsen is a massive coup for Hyundai, no doubt. Paddon will feel hard done by this year - luck hasn't been on his side many times - but they couldn't have taken anyone else but Neuville and Sordo to Spain. Presumably they'll bring him back for Oz.
Citroen have had an agreed rotation with the drivers for ages. Meeke dropped out of Poland to allow Mikkelsen a drive, Lefebvre dropped out of Sardinia, now it's Breens turn so that Al-Qasimi can drive.
Mikkelsen joining Hyundai for the remainder of the year pretty much guarantees he won't be driving for Citroen next year. This is a huge issue for Ogiers title chances too. Mikkelsen will be Thierrys rear gunner in every rally, working to steal all the points he can from the M-Sport cars. Malcolm will be forced to make Ott do the same from now on.
Unless M-Sport gains funding for next year due to Ford seeing a reason to support them more. Which if M-Sport do win, which is likely at this point, it'd be kind of silly for Ford not to.
So It´s confirmed FIA have screwed over us again with an abysmal 13 round calendar and New Zealand didn´t made it as usual sigh
Moving Monte back is a good idea as it gives teams a slightly longer off-season, plus drivers now have the option to do both Dakar and Monte. The GB swap is a good shout too, weather should be better and bringing it forward gives the BRC an opportunity to run alongside at the end of their season. Turkey is obviously disappointing, I don't care about the automotive market in a country who's leader is dragging it back to a time before the wheel was invented. Hopefully we'll see New Zealand in 2019.
In other news, Loeb says he's quick enough for a WRC return.
Also Ford see now "free publicity...".