2018 24 Hours Of Lemons New Zealand - Team Hooncorp's Shot At History!!

• Thread starter Nismonath5
  • 92 comments
I have seen a couple of LeMons races at Gingerman Raceway in South Haven, Michigan; and it is a hoot seeing some of the themes that teams have come up with.

Good luck guys and I'll be rooting for you from the other side of the world. :gtpflag:

Just got a box full of race radios, pit crew headsets, accessories, etc. Better figure out how to use it all pretty damn quick! :boggled:
20180508_203343.jpg

And to throw in an extra dose of "pre-event drama", I've been struck down with a cold. Hoping that the medicine, rest I had today, and a good night sleep tonight will be enough to smash that one on the head! :eek: Last thing I need is a sniffly nose and fatigue while trying to fight for a victory!

Just got a box full of race radios, pit crew headsets, accessories, etc. Better figure out how to use it all pretty damn quick! :boggled:
View attachment 734672

And to throw in an extra dose of "pre-event drama", I've been struck down with a cold. Hoping that the medicine, rest I had today, and a good night sleep tonight will be enough to smash that one on the head! :eek: Last thing I need is a sniffly nose and fatigue while trying to fight for a victory!
Dope up on the Vitamin C, have a honey & lemon drink & have a good sweat session in a sauna.
Declare war on that S.O.B :mischievous:
Good luck mate 👍

Mind you, they still had time to call me and banter about my driving on GT6. :lol:

It kinda goes without saying, but let the record show that me and the rest of the COTW guys are rooting for ya.:D:tup:

All those years of racing each other, comes down to 24hrs of the real deal, you guys fly the flag for COTW and GTP and I’ll fly the flag for Forza branch of COTW. :P

Just got back from the signwriter's (its 1am), and the Pulsar now has it's 2018 Lemons livery!!

It'll be revealed hopefully tomorrow, but for now... if anyone can guess what livery it's based off by this image alone, I will applaud you.
(Hint: It's to do with Nissan.)

20180510_210827.jpg

What I forgot to mention at 1am is that GTP got pride of place right on the front! @Jordan

20180510_230645.jpg

(There's another one going on the Commodore too, don't worry!)

Basically what's happening today is we're taking all the cars to the track, getting them scrutinized, and doing all the paperwork. We race tomorrow. And my excitement's through the roof!!! We're just over 24 hours away from kickoff now, and the forecast is.... very rainy. Stormy even. :eek:

Hope all goes well ! Looking forward to the updates, hope the weather is going to treat you nice.
I was hoping to pop down and watch some but I have to work tomorrow, and too many family commitments on Sunday.

Hey guys,
I'm wondering if you can put me in touch with the guys that organise these crazy events.

This is the kind of thing Aussies shouldn't be missing out on & I have to know just how much work is involved in getting one of these up & running.

If you need to keep it private & confidential, send me a PM.

Bit of an update on the day:
I tried all day to post a pic, or an update. But the signal out at the track is worse than I had anticipated. So, it's highly likely I won't be able to do as many live updates as I had anticipated. :(

I'll still try, and to be honest I didn't check to see if editing the OP would work (all I tried was uploading the photos), so hopefully that works!!! :D

Anyhoo, time to reveal the Pulsar's livery!!! And if you guessed "George Fury's Bluebird", you were right! :lol:
20180510_230702.jpg
20180511_000911.jpg

Kind of. It's based on the Bluebird, and we only had 5 hours to create, make and apply the stickers, so I'd say that came out rather well.

And now for a report on the day's events!!!
Not that there's much to talk about. Both cars arrived at the track, and got put through scrutineering. They went over the cars pretty thorough, but luckily they didn't find the nitrous oxide in the fire extinguisher, or the 5.7 Chev V8 we stuffed in the Commy's trunk.... (kidding) Eventually it was passed and placed in the garages. Brad and I took some photos and even checked out some other teams' cars, and yeah we've got a solid lineup of competition! @McClarenDesign got to meet Randy Pobst, and even film him! (The video of which I'm sure will end up on this thread at some stage)

20180511_161810.jpg
20180511_155608.jpg 20180511_155101.jpg 20180511_155633.jpg
20180511_161929.jpg
20180511_161124.jpg

20180511_134735.jpg

Brad gets a feel for the Commodore.

We forgot the stickers for the Commodore, so it's still gonna look a little bit different before the green flag, but here's some shots we took! I'm super excited for this race, and I'll do everything I can to update you guys as we go! The forecast is for lots of rain. So, I'm not sure what to expect. A destruction derby, or a mostly clean, fun race. We'll see!

And last but not least, here's a little skit we improvised as an intro to all this madness! (For whatever movie/feature Brad ends up making if he makes anything with all the footage he's gathering.)

More news to come! Hopefully live! And thank you all for the support, we'll make sure to put on a good show for you guys! :cheers:

Is the track at all lit at night? I noticed the 1 headlight on the Commodore (?) and thought that could be tough in true darkness.
The track has floodlights at various points & cats eye reflectors on the edges of the tarmac.

The Commodores missing headlight is for two reasons.
1/ It will help with identification for the guys in the team on the pit wall.
2/ The Commodores cold-air intake is located behind the left headlight & with it missing, this will help increase the power level from adequate to frightening.
;)

And last but not least, here's a little skit we improvised as an intro to all this madness! (For whatever movie/feature Brad ends up making if he makes anything with all the footage he's gathering.)

*Clarkson*
On Tonight's Program.....

A man wears camouflage pants nowhere near a forest.
Another man licks the hood of a car for no apparent reason.
And some rain falls down rather than up.

Is the track at all lit at night? I noticed the 1 headlight on the Commodore (?) and thought that could be tough in true darkness.
The track has lights in the hairiest corners, and cats eyes all along the inside and outside. As for the headlight, we put a new one in just a few hours before the race!

Also!!! I found signal up here in the race control! It's very "come and go" so I'll just give you a quick run by of events

I started the race way back, climbed up to 26th before coming in. Trevor taken over, and currently battling in 25th. The Commodore meanwhile is 28th.

It's 5:45 and already nearly pitch black. Now the fun begins... Also Brad won't be going out until daytime, just because the darkness here is daunting for even the veterans here.

The track has lights in the hairiest corners, and cats eyes all along the inside and outside. As for the headlight, we put a new one in just a few hours before the race!

Also!!! I found signal up here in the race control! It's very "come and go" so I'll just give you a quick run by of events

I started the race way back, climbed up to 26th before coming in. Trevor taken over, and currently battling in 25th. The Commodore meanwhile is 28th.

It's 5:45 and already nearly pitch black. Now the fun begins... Also Brad won't be going out until daytime, just because the darkness here is daunting for even the veterans here.
Started 26th, up to 25th.

That's progress & at this rate, you're going to win 👍

Also, give Brad a teaspoon of concrete & tell him to harden up. Only little kids are scared of the dark :P

8:51 - I've gone off for a wee lay down, getting into the Pulsar again after Peter.
Both cars still running flawlessly, the Pulsar's spraying sparks from the front wheels on braking due to the metallic pads. Looks mega cool at night, if only I could catch a pic...
20180512_194431.jpg

Latest Posts

Back