2018 Azerbaijan Grand PrixFormula 1 

What a dramatic race. I think Danny Ric got hosed again by his teammate but great entertainment overall. Sorry Valterri, good hob Hammy..

The Red Bull crash has made mainstream news here, which never happens.

853F92B5-3D92-46FB-912B-52DA1364DE1D.jpeg

How much did Alonso's car weigh when they got it back?

Some of the heavy tungsten ballast that is stored in the floor was missing.

Yep, he lost a lot of downforce, but he lost a lot of weight too. Still an epic drive though.

How much did Alonso's car weigh when they got it back?

Yep, he lost a lot of downforce, but he lost a lot of weight too. Still an epic drive though.

McLaren lucked into the new low-drag configuration they needed. I really wouldn't be surprised if they took some lessons from how the car ran without certain "important" pieces. As you point out they were (legitimately) lighter but even so...

Good decision, not really sure why Williams were suddenly so bitter about Baku nearly a week after the event...
This might be overly cynical, but do you think they did it for publicity?
They've been mostly invisible this season with a car that's slower than last years... at least this game them a few pages worth of news reports on a quiet news day?

Dcp90mmXcAA0svS.png

Here is the original document on it. The entire thing was confusing, not sure what Williams were thinking.

Edit: There is in fact to protests being lodged by Williams. One is in regard to the penalty of their driver the other is the one I posted in this post, it is regarding Alonso's return to pits and the manner in which he got there.

Last edited:
Sirotokins penalty was probably the most unjust one i have seen, getting a grid penalty for being sandwiched is beyond idiotic.

Sirotokins penalty was probably the most unjust one i have seen, getting a grid penalty for being sandwiched is beyond idiotic.

Maybe Polyphony is rubbing off on the FIA. :sly:

Although, wasn't the penalty for him running into the back of Perez into turn 2?

Back