2018 FIFA World Cup Finals

• Thread starter Famine
  • 2,047 comments
While the world watches the heroic efforts to free a team of kids and their football coach from a deep cave in Thailand, spare a thought for that other football team and their coach who are still stuck in Russia after more than two weeks, despite the best efforts of teams of experts from across the globe, including some of the world's best divers. Tomorrow night a team of Croatians will attempt to free them and have them reunited with their families before the end of the week.

Just heard a journalist saying that 40 of the 92 players in the semi finals play in the premier league. That's a lot!

Just heard a journalist saying that 40 of the 92 players in the semi finals play in the premier league. That's a lot!

England have an entire squad full and the Belgium squad is heavily Premier League too, 40 seems low if anything, not that I dispute the numbers at all. ;)

I just discovered that Monday is a Glasgow holiday
yahoo.gif

France have scored, Macron seemed surprised more than happy!

Would love France to win this, if anything so England doesn't have to face Belgium if we make it to the final.

France have got their tails up now. I would say Belgium are on the ropes, but their defending is just as World Class at the moment.

Very nice and tactical match, two very organized teams. Deserved win for France, scary situation with Blaise Matuidi, hopefully he's ok.

Yep, I feel sorry for Belgium because they have so many great players, but they didn't seem to gel tonight. Hazard was inspired as usual, but even he was not at his best and a bit too greedy on the ball at times.

The French defence won it, Varane in particular was immense but they didn't really put a foot wrong in the whole game.

But other than that, I don't think France were too convincing as the best team on the planet - Mbappe was threatening at times, but yet again his ridiculous play acting and stupid dives are an affront to an otherwise disciplined performance.

Lloris and Courtois were both excellent, though the latter pulled off a couple of great saves to spare Belgium's blushes.

I think England can beat France, but there is the small task of beating Croatia first...

Dembele played a bad match, taking out Fellaini was a mistake. In the end I think France played it better, an ugly but effective playing style.

I think the Brasil vs Belgium game was so much more entertaining to watch.

Belgium have had a great tournament and Martinez takes a lot of credit for that, just wasn't to be tonight.

Varane, Pogba and Mbappe were immense for France.

A well deserved win for France. They were very disciplined in midfield and defence and not without creativity in attack. Every player played well, Veranne, Kanye, Matuidi, Griezmann, and Mbappe particularly so. In contrast only Hazard and DeBruyne offered any threat for Belgium. Their midfield trio really struggled.

Imo, Belgium played harder than France, in the 2nd half they weaked a little, but still they managed to do a great game, kudos to Belgium to reach that far!! :D

Now, big question... Will it come home tomorrow, or not?? :lol:

Back