2018 Formula 1 launchesFormula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 294 comments
Not a fan of the added white at all.
proxy-2.jpg

It looks like a Vanilla and Strawberry Ice cream with Blueberry lol. They must go away with that Pink colour IMO. I liked their 2014 livery more!. Of all the revealed livery's, this is the most ugliest TBO!

I understand the reasoning for the halo, but I don’t like it. It’s really going to take some getting used to.

Why can't everyone cops Mercedes' nose :indiff:

Because the noses most of them are using have been in use for some time. The only new nose is that of the Sauber really. FI's version works well for their car, Ferrari's and RBRs too. Toro Rosso and Renault have a nose very similar to Mercedes. The slight taper most of these noses has, helps divide flow after it passes by supposedly. The RBR have their nose like that due to passing the flow through toward the turning vanes and driver cooling.

Toro Rosso and Renault have a nose very similar to Mercedes
STR has actually ditched Mercedes style nose this year and Renault had done so last year. Mercedes is the only team running this style of nose this year. I like it but others are not so bad, let’s not act like it’s 2012-2014

Watched the highlights of testing on Sky last night and I dislike the halo even more now. I fully understand and accept the need for it in terms of driver safety but I just wish they had found a different solution.

While not technically launch-related, it bears a mention: really, Barcardi Group? No more Martini after this season? 🤬

While not technically launch-related, it bears a mention: really, Barcardi Group? No more Martini after this season? 🤬
No but really, ask yourself, would you drop tens of millions of alcohol € to sponsor a team that: is a shadow of its former self; hires two pay drivers, one of them a teenager other in low 20s; not to break your over 25 drivers clause puts Kubica as a third driver; and is generally in a downward spiral that Lowe probably can’t save?

Nope...kinda the same boat McLaren is in (at least pre-2018). Lots of teams not getting much done for their sponsorship dollars.

adb
STR has actually ditched Mercedes style nose this year and Renault had done so last year. Mercedes is the only team running this style of nose this year. I like it but others are not so bad, let’s not act like it’s 2012-2014
Who is acting like it is 2012-14?

I see, I missed that, trying to pass the crash tests and getting it allowed are tough, especially when there is an easier solution that works.

Yeah, that’s exactly it - making a nose like the Mercedes is more resource intensive due to the high standards the crash structure has to be built to. I recall one of the teams had a little trouble a few seasons back.

I'm not sure I like any of the cars with the Halo device on them :indiff:

I quite liked the Alfa Romeo livery of the new Sauber, but the car looks too much like a Williams from the front.

Red Bull launch a special testing livery with the new car
DWYsTfGX0AALYgt.jpg:large

f1-red-bull-racing-rb14-launch-2018-red-bull-racing-rb14-7542540.jpg

And I've been working for so long on making a replica of their 2015 test scheme in GT Sport! :D
They have definitely gone away from the Ferrari sidepods, very Newey-esque slim shape to them. All below a very literal sidepod wing.
Ha! I just downloaded this livery for the Porsche 911 RSR in GT Sport and it looks great :)

Back