2018 Grand Prix Heineken du CanadaFormula 1 

Max making headlines for all the wrong reason, again :lol:

Hahaha... love it,finally something interesting happens in a conference... :bowdown::lol:

Max is Max...he will never change and he shouldnt... :cheers:

i stopped watching most of these bla bla press things anyway,its all trained and pre learned ,political correct answers anyway!! :ouch:

Be happy there is a wild kid on the block who is different... and made a JOKE !

GOMAX!!
:D:bowdown:

Spy.

Have a good F1 weekend! Let's begin with FP1.

PS greetings from Russia with love.

Kvyat Ferrari.jpg

Last edited:
Maybe this would be too petty, but at the same time it could be pretty funny....if I was SkyF1, or BBC, or some big media outlet, I would see if I could hire someone like Conner McGregor, or GSP (because they’re in MTL) to be a guest interviewer for the day, then go ask Max, “why are you crashing so mich,” while sticking out their forehead in offering....see what Max does :lol:

Is it time for cars to go on track yet?

I'd rather Max quote Kimi eventually with the exact words "leave me alone I know what I'm doing" and then he win the race.

Why is the session red flagged just because a car is stopped. Seriously? There's this yellow color that works well too...

Crofty is being so ******* petty about this Alonso 300th race thing. I get why people don't like this guy sometimes

huh? safety above all but code red after the Sainz bumper move?
Great Friday for Renault so far...

edit: they want to check the wall itself

Did I say drivers should be PR bots? I just don’t think it’s very professional for a driver, in the official press conference, to threaten physical violence on someone for asking a question they don’t want to answer. If you consider that ok behaviour, ok then I guess. You think people who work at Starbucks can go around threatening to head butt the next person who asks for a coffee they don’t like to make?

Do you think that was an emotionally stable response to the situation? Would you consider that a good example for young viewers?

Earlier this year, Louis made a “joke” about boys wearing dresses, and nearly broke the internet. Max makes his comments, and no one bats an eye. Sign of the times I guess :rolleyes:

Like I said, I’m not out here demanding action be taken against Max, I’m just saying that as an observer, I find the situation interesting, if not slightly odd.

So you want drivers to only make appropriate, politically correct, thought out, emotionless, comments, which will make them, uhm, well, PR bots?

You can’t have nice things in the world where people cry about some jokes drivers make, be it head butting a journalist or telling your family member that dresses are for girls

And why should people bat an eye at Max’ comments? Why do you compare it to Lewis’ “boys don’t wear dresses” comment ridiculous overreaction? Neither deserve to be condemned

adb
So you want drivers to only make appropriate, politically correct, thought out, emotionless, comments, which will make them, uhm, well, PR bots?
I never said that, you’re arguing against words you’re putting in my mouth.

You can’t have nice things in the world where people cry about some jokes drivers make, be it head butting a journalist or telling your family member that dresses are for girls

And why should people bat an eye at Max’ comments? Why do you compare it to Lewis’ “boys don’t wear dresses” comment ridiculous overreaction? Neither deserve to be condemned
I think you’ve misunderstood my position on this. I’m not saying max should be condemned for what he said, I saying I find it surprising that he hasn’t been (officially, he got blasted pretty hard on Twitter).

As for Lewis’s comments, I agree those too were blasted out of proportion...what I’m saying is that I find is surprising that Lewis’s comments, made unofficially, were a big deal (and in regards to that, the whole issue of “words are violence” comes up); whilst Max’s actual “threat of violence”, made during an official press conference, is shrugged off like it’s nothing. Again, I’m not saying either should be a big deal, I’m saying I find it surprising that one is and one isn’t. Also like I said before, this is really a non-issue to me, so I won’t comment on it any more.

that 'head butt' comment is a part of a story. Tonight Max gave a 15 minute interview for ZiggoSport that was already recorded on Thursday on his way to work. And that was before the pressco moment. He said to the dutch interviewer that he would give a 'kopstoot = headbutt' if any interviewer would ask the same questions over and over again. Nothing serious. Even the drivers have some humour. It was meant as a joke and he repeated that during the press conference.

This is the interview in Dutch. So probably 99% of us don't understand a word of it.

I never said that, you’re arguing against words you’re putting in my mouth
Is “professional”; “emotionally stable”; “good example” that far from what I’ve written above? I don’t think so.

I think you’ve misunderstood my position on this. I’m not saying max should be condemned for what he said, I saying I find it surprising that he hasn’t been (officially, he got blasted pretty hard on Twitter).

As for Lewis’s comments, I agree those too were blasted out of proportion...what I’m saying is that I find is surprising that Lewis’s comments, made unofficially, were a big deal (and in regards to that, the whole issue of “words are violence” comes up); whilst Max’s actual “threat of violence”, made during an official press conference, is shrugged off like it’s nothing. Again, I’m not saying either should be a big deal, I’m saying I find it surprising that one is and one isn’t. Also like I said before, this is really a non-issue to me, so I won’t comment on it any more.
Fair point.

What garbage has he said now?
This is Alonso’s 300th race weekend. Crofty’s point is that there is no official definition of what constitutes a race start, so while this is Alonso’s 300th race weekend, it’s only his 298th race start. Even McLaren are going by these same stats.

However, during the broadcast, PDR made the point that basically if you show up on a Sunday, that’s a race start, at least in his opinion. So Crofty and PDR had a friendly, non-serious exchange about what constitutes a race start.

So because Crofty stuck to his guns (and remember McLaren agree with Crofty’s way of looking at the stats), that makes him petty and unlikable.......

Just my opinion, but if you feel like that exchange between Crofty and PDR is a reason to not like Crofty....now THAT is petty :lol:

I don't know them well enough but from the tones it sounded like he was being friendly but at the same time just kept having to get the last word in and Di Resta kept wanting to correct him because he disagreed. He should have just let it go and move on but the way he kept going was getting annoying to me.

Verstappen has been on top all weekend. I don't doubt he will take this whole thing.

Qualifying and EA Play Live Press Conference are at the same time. I need to know what's happening with Battlefield V but ahhh conflicts!

Say what you want about Stroll, but that special Canada helmet is the best design I’ve seen in a while...

Back