2018 Grand Prix Heineken du CanadaFormula 1 

Pretty annoying to again and again see RBR compete well every weekend until Q3 and then the reds and silvers flip a magic switch and presto.

But we still know they'll be better on tires and can start well. till does suck since they were on top for every practice session

I don't understand why RBR went with hypers in Q2.

Also,

Hamilton not on the first row, I'm expecting a lot of radio messages from him tomorrow.

The best chassis doing a p14 and 15. Class. Pure Class.
Assuming the Renault-engined teams are all running the same engine-hybrid package, fuel mapping, lubricants, etc, and that the drivers are getting the most out of the cars, then it's obvious McLaren has the 3rd best chassis compared to Red Bull and Renault. There's simply no papering over that fact.

The McLarens are reliable and drivable, but they are not running at or near the front like Red Bull.

I don't understand why RBR went with hypers in Q2.

Also,

Hamilton not on the first row, I'm expecting a lot of radio messages from him tomorrow.

Not so sure, it's so tight at the top and this track has always been decent for overtaking, another drs zone this year. I reckon it could be spectacular tonight.

I think Zak Brown is a very savvy and well connected person. I believe he will eventually get McLaren back into a competitive, front running car. But not in time for Fernando to do any more winning in a McLaren. I think he will transition to chasing the Triple Crown next year.

Turn 1 Predictions Anyone?

tenor.gif

Man, poor Hartley. Not really his fault either. I suppose he could have played it safe and backed out, but I think Stroll was fully aware he was there but simply lost control and moved out into him.

Stroll's fault, but he wasn't to blame. Oversteer at an awkward moment with Hartley unfortunate to be there.

Back