2018 Gulf Air Bahrain Grand PrixFormula 1 

Nuuuuu! That was a great race, but man I am heartbroken. A single lockup cost Bottas the win. Damn good win for Vettel, and good effort by Bottas and the Mercedes squad. Pierre Gasly is for sure driver of the day.

Despite them getting away with it, I thought it was a stupidly risky strategy call from Ferrari there. Near enough 40 laps on the soft tires was always going risk going off the deep end, and after we saw how Hamilton struggled late in his first stint and how much faster Vettel was on new softs, I think Vettel would have won much more comfortably.

Some redemption for Honda against the critical knee-jerk reactions of two weeks ago.

Gasly: "now we can fight" :lol:

Last edited:
I love this bit when we here some car guys chat about stuff.

Hamilton just said "such a difficult corner" while watching the replay of him and Verstappen

Good race, so much of it was just down to the variance in strategies. Good job by Vettel to bring home those tyres, but Ferrari definitely screwed him over big time on the strategy side. Shame about Kimi and the Red Bulls.

Pierre Gastly has arrived, everyone. So has Honda?

Haas must have sent their wheel nuts back to Ferrari. Hope the engineer is okay though

McLaren were better in the race but still nowhere near where they said they would be.

Brendn was Hartly close to his teammate today.

Red Bull with such awful reliability again. You'd think they would have it sorted by now, year 5 into these regs with their budget.

That sletzer or cider or whatever it is looks hella flat. :lol:

Also, shoutout to Erricson tying up 8th for Sauber Alfa Romeo.

Any updates with the Ferrari gunner? Hope he's doing alright.

Great battle at the end, and props to Gasly for finishing P4. Superb stuff from him. And regarding the pit accident at Kimi's stop; I've just rewatched the clip on Instagram. That leg snapped badly. Hope that mechanic can get a good recovery from that one.

I love this bit when we here some car guys chat about stuff.

Hamilton just said "such a difficult corner" while watching the replay of him and Verstappen

I'm pretty sure he said "such a ********.." while watching that, about Max. :P

Hamilton: Does like to whine when he's not winning, but made some decent moves in the opening laps, as he usually does when further back.

Bottas: Did a decent job of pressurising Vettel, but if it was Lewis in this position he probably would have caught him.

Vettel: Surely one of his best victories, since at least 75% of them have been him setting off into the horizon without a care in the world. Making soft tyres last that long and still maintain the lead is not easy.

Raikkonen: Not much to say other than he was slower than Vettel again the pit stop fiasco was not his fault.

Ricciardo: Oh well, could've stirred things up at the front but we were blessed with some good stuff anyway.

Verstappen: Still has a lot to learn, that contact wasn't Hamilton's fault.

Gasly: Toro Rosso's best race since Vettel drove for them. Enormous gap between him and Hartley.

Ericsson: Ran a largely invisible race but managed to score points on merit in the slowest car on the grid!

Alonso: It's nice to see a McLaren overtaking for once.

Vandoorne: Did the same as Alonso but a whole sector behind.

Back