2018 Gulf Air Bahrain Grand PrixFormula 1 

I very much doubt Verstappen is going to be champion with the Renault engine. It's simply not as powerful as the Merc or Ferrari, and he pushes too hard. I think that rush of power that spun him out in qualifying was just him stomping the pedal and spinning the outside tire on the curb.

That guy raising the car? How do you call it?

Oh and Hamilton after the race said Max is "such a d.. head" his words.

That's not the lollipop man, it wasn't before the new system and isn't after.

I know I saw the podium room talking...I'm well aware what Hamilton called Max, doesn't change anything I said.
I very much doubt Verstappen is going to be champion with the Renault engine. It's simply not as powerful as the Merc or Ferrari, and he pushes too hard. I think that rush of power that spun him out in qualifying was just him stomping the pedal and spinning the outside tire on the curb.

I wouldn't expect Verstappen and really anyone else other than Vettel to be a potential champion outside of Mercedes, until the 2021 rules take effect. Any future WDC talk for Max I always felt was people trying to predict in 5-8 years future of F1.

The pit stops are almost certain to get an overhaul by the rulebook. What happened to four raised arms by the wheel gunners?

Things are going to fast for the greater good of f1. Lose tires and broken legs look incompetent and stupid and so far we got lucky, it could have been worse.

FIA should be fined if they won't overhaul pitstops. Are they waiting somebody to get killed?

FIA should fine themselves??? Ferrari are at fault not the FIA, they should have actually made sure everything was secure. It's not like they haven't had issues already in the weekend before this.

FIA should fine themselves???
Yes they should if they don't change things. Pitstops are out of control, there is a 5 sec idea, I don't wonna see somebody injuried again or worse, it's not about this or that team, could happen to anyone.

Yes they should if they don't change things. Pitstops are out of control, there is a 5 sec idea, I don't wonna see somebody injuried again or worse, it's not about this or that team, could happen to anyone.

Nobody does, but FIA aren't to blame, the rules exist on pit stops for a reason, Ferrari released unsafely without checking if all the tires had been secured, and one of their crew members got injured. That's on Ferrari, not on the FIA. People all of a sudden now want to cry wolf, yet this chase for lower and lower pit stop times has been something since Willaims started breaking the record for the past few years. Where was the fear then? What about 2011 early season when tires had been coming lose in pit lane from a few different teams?

Teams know the rules, if they are doing something to make changes faster and causing more risk they should be investigated. It would be the first time Ferrari have pushed the envelope on pitstop speed.

Take it easy, we are here saying our stuff but somebody get hurt. Maybe some respect?

How is he being disrespectful, you want to blame an entity who didn't have fault in this and has long set up making sure injuries don't happen and safety is upheld on pit lane. Ferrari didn't respect that and someone got hurt, and you instead of blaming them, blame the governing body as if they're some super hero inactive to potentially saving the day.

Stay classy.

I will.

It's people like you who take all the fun out of motorsports. Crying for change after a freak accident. Someone at Ferrari ****ed up and now the pitstops are dangerous.

We need more regulations! Yes because nothing bring more excitement than more rules and regulations. Pitstops are part of the race. The quicker they go, the better for the driver. If you put a time limit on them you effectively nerf that part of racing. Good job.

Again, if you don't want to see people get hurt, go watch darts or something.

I will.

It's people like you who take all the fun out of motorsports. Crying for change after a freak accident. Someone at Ferrari ****ed up and now the pitstops are dangerous.

We need more regulations! Yes because nothing bring more excitement than more rules and regulations. Pitstops are part of the race. The quicker they go, the better for the driver. If you put a time limit on them you effectively nerf that part of racing. Good job.

Which is funny because when those regulations don't work...he'll ask for even more.

I will.

The point is if we all thinks they way you do probably after somebody daying safety measures would be the same. Because you know "it's racing".

Now you can keep your idea of F1 and racing, I'm not here to change your mind but I can still hope safety improvements will be made.

Talking about something else,

That was a great reply. :lol:

I think they should bring back the lollipop, it was much easier to slam it back down in a split second when something had gone wrong with the pitstop to stop the car. If you look at old footage you see it happen quite often.

The point is if we all thinks they way you do probably after somebody daying safety measures would be the same. Because you know "it's racing".

Why did Bianchi die? He didn't adhere to the rules. How did this accident happen? Someone in red ****ed up.

You can have as many rules as you want, if people don't adhere to them, they're pointless. Want to make sure people follow the rules? Give out more severe penalties, and not just money wise because those are pretty much pointless anyway.

I think they should bring back the lollipop, it was much easier to slam it back down in a split second when something had gone wrong with the pitstop to stop the car. If you look at old footage you see it happen quite often.

Now that you mention it, when did they do away with them? Seems like just 1-2 seasons ago I remember seeing them. I'm aware each time differs slightly in how they ultimately run their stops, but the lollipop man seemed very commonplace.

Why did Bianchi die? He didn't adhere to the rules. How did this accident happen? Someone in red ****ed up.

You can have as many rules as you want, if people don't adhere to them, they're pointless. Want to make sure people follow the rules? Give out more severe penalties, and not just money wise because those are pretty much pointless anyway.
What will change if they add more penalties? Nothing, every team will still try to pit under 3 seconds because there is no minimum time rule (yet). SF didn't hurt that guy on purpose and they immediately stopped the car it's not like they didn't follow the rules, your argument is invalid.

What will change if they add more penalties? Nothing, every team will still try to pit under 3 seconds because there is no minimum time rule (yet). SF didn't hurt that guy on purpose and they immediately stopped the car it's not like they didn't follow the rules, your argument is invalid.

Herpiederp.

Someone made that light go green before the pitcrew was ready.

Herpiederp.

Now that you mention it, when did they do away with them? Seems like just 1-2 seasons ago I remember seeing them. I'm aware each time differs slightly in how they ultimately run their stops, but the lollipop man seemed very commonplace.

It did start a few seasons ago though I'm not sure when. First the top teams switched to a traffic light system then it took a while before it filtered down to other teams. I think until quite recently some teams were still using the lollipop.

It was done purely to save some time but ment there wasn't something physically coming down on you if things went wrong.

I reckon in this case the minute the wheelman started to tip a lollipop man would have caught it and slammed the sign back down. Maybe then the car wouldn't have totally rolled over his leg and he might have got away with just a sprain.

Maybe then the car wouldn't have totally rolled over his leg and he might have got away with just a sprain.

The leg was snapped in the first contact with the wheel - horrible accident. I agree with the rest of your point though, this is a case where a lollipop man could well have waited to release the car.

Yeah unsafe releases have been a thing even during the time before the light system. So not sure how going back in time would fix it, also the traffic light system has been a thing for about 6-7 seasons now.

You'd think it would be pretty systematically understood by now to prevent legs of members being shattered.

Long time not posting and late to the party but, this was a fantastic albeit bittersweet race for Ferrari. Best wishes to Ferrari's crew member on that unfortunate turn of events.

Excellent drive by Vettel and epic performance by Gasly though. The man surely can drive.

Back