2018 Honda Accord

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 32 comments

CodeRedR51

Premium
United States
United States
Not bad from the rear. But this chrome unibrow front end has to go...

http://www.carscoops.com/2017/07/2018-honda-accord-unveiled-with.html

Honda-Accord-1.jpg

Honda-Accord-17.jpg

Currently own the 2014 Accord, lease ends in a couple months. This looks decent enough for the switch. Interior is top notch though, gives an Audi Vibe all out.

IMG_20170714_121240.jpg
IMG_20170714_121228.jpg
IMG_20170714_121231.jpg
IMG_20170714_121234.jpg

I really hate Honda's new corporate front end treatment, it's just messy all around. I'm guessing, judging by the fact they're quoting figures for a 1.5l and a 2.0l, that they've abandonned the V6... Shame.

CVT aside, the new Altima is a looker. No idea when eyes other than mine will see it though.
The outgoing Altima is already a fairly handsome car, I think some simple improvements can make it look more aggressive like the Camry without being over the top. Looking forward to seeing the new Altima.

My wife and I are going to our local Honda dealership today to look at some '17 Accord Sports, we may wait for the '18s to arrive before we pull the trigger though as I quite like the way the new car looks, although I think the '17 is quite handsome too.

I really hate Honda's new corporate front end treatment, it's just messy all around. I'm guessing, judging by the fact they're quoting figures for a 1.5l and a 2.0l, that they've abandonned the V6... Shame.
They let go of the V6 Engine and the Coupe for the 10th Generation Accord. Should cost them less money but let's see what it actually does...

Sad the coupe is gone, but it's to be expected at this point. A properly sorted coupe with that 2.0T could have been a lot of fun, but it isn't exactly like the PLC segment is booming with sales figures anymore.

Still, between this and the new Insignia/Regal, there are some seriously interesting mid size sedans on the market again... that aren't from Mazda.

The V6 is now reserved for SUV, minivan and the Acura brand only.

There was a rumor about a newly designed 3.0 TT V6 for the upcoming Acura sedans, we'll see.

It's a shame the coupe is gone, it pretty much started the market for that kind of car back in 1977, but then again it's the only fwd midsized coupe on the market right now, so it's unsurprising they'd get rid of it. Still, that 280hp V6 was a bit of a sleeper, especially with the 6 speed.

I'm surprised the "transmission" buttons aren't on the paddles. I mean, I can't see current Accord owners, doing any sporty driving. May as well eliminate those parts from the center console.

Since the majority of auto transmission shifters are basically just electronic switches, I don't see why they need to take up space on the console (especially the buttons of the Accord above) when that's the whole reason they are getting smaller in the first place.

The only Accord I have ever liked was one that we never got. :(

5117485574_a9e163f613_b.jpg

Yea, but the best Accord of all time is this one:

10408x650.jpg

I think I'll go with the Camry this gen.
Despite Toyota's effort, i much rather go with Honda.

I havr been hating Honda's work pretty much for the past decade or so, but this mew Accord got me pleasantly surprised...

They made a larger looking Civic, and the scale up actually makes the line and proportion better.
I can tell there are a lot of influences from the Korean (read Kia Optima) and inspiration from Germany (BMW front, and Audi rear).
Honda is starting to understand the benefit of good not funky and not over the top design, they are starting to follow Mazdas and Subaru footsteps of modern Japanes design.

There is some hope for Honda with this new Accord...
I might actually consider getting one finally.

Since the majority of auto transmission shifters are basically just electronic switches, I don't see why they need to take up space on the console (especially the buttons of the Accord above) when that's the whole reason they are getting smaller in the first place.
I mean, cars did have them on the wheel in the 50s.
518541-860-0.jpg

Especially with multi-function wheels
hqdefault.jpg

A generation of video game players, would be used to having several button configurations on the wheel. I dare say one could get away with having throttle on the right paddle, brake on the left, up gear/down gear(where the horn buttons are), Leave everything else as is and make the prancing horse, the horn. Or configure the whole wheel, however you want.

I like how the interior is basically a carbon copy of the Mazda 6.
I'm not even surprised it's a knockoff of something else. Thats how all new cars are today; they copy off of their competitors.

I'm not even surprised it's a knockoff of something else. Thats how all new cars are today; they copy off of their competitors.
I'm not complaining or saying that in a snarky way though. I genuinely think it's fantabulous

Back