2018 IMSA WeatherTech Sportscar ChampionshipSports Cars 

• Thread starter Organ-Donor
  • 1,545 comments
Reverse layout? Why? I don't think I like the sound of that.

It may be a little clearer if you read more about a few of the planned changes:
Racer Article
As competitors accelerate out of the exit of Turn 1 and head up to the Camber Curve they are set-up for the newly named Screw-Up section. This section, formerly the daunting Corkscrew, now leads onto the Scuderia Straight. Speeding down the Scuderia Straight, drivers make a three-story drop downhill toward Turn 7, the fastest turn on the track. Coming under the Tire Foot Bridge, competitors navigate Turn 9 as they head to the Magnussen Hairpin, Turn 10

Some of the changes to the parking areas and road names on the map might help too.

If it's still not making sense, try checking the date of the article.

I thought the WEC mandating the Halo article was a better April fools article. The fake Alonso quote they put in was gold. :lol:

In non April Fools news, the hybrid debate in IMSA has taken an interesting turn. HPD and Mazda seem to show some support for hybrid in the next set of IMSA regs as long as the cost containment of some sorts is in place with it.

http://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/...s-support-hybrids-for-new-gen-prototype-regs/

I thought the WEC mandating the Halo article was a better April fools article. The fake Alonso quote they put in was gold. :lol:

In non April Fools news, the hybrid debate in IMSA has taken an interesting turn. HPD and Mazda seem to show some support for hybrid in the next set of IMSA regs as long as the cost containment of some sorts is in place with it.

http://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/...s-support-hybrids-for-new-gen-prototype-regs/

Oh so the two groups that are anchored to automotive giants that have and have had hybrid vehicles for some time...

Surprised Nissan hasn't jumped the gun and started the electric conversation.

Yes please. Granted that means I'm twice as likely to go deaf at a race but I'll deal with it. Those are by far the loudest cars on track.

So imagine what WEC will be like this season when there's like 8 of them on track :D

After my trip to Lime Rock last year, I can say that the Aston GT3 with the V12 is a very, very close second to the RSRs. In fact, having all 3 pass you at the same time was almost unpleasant.

Never quite is.

I haven't had problems until this weekend. Something was really off or maybe at least for me the fact that it has been ice storming all day.

Did anyone notice the (presumably) Fox commercial segue music getting dubbed over the stream?

I can't begin for the life of me to understand why Penske and Action Express left Montoya and Nasr out when everyone else pit early in the race under that caution.

Damn I've been so busy I forgot about the race. Was it broadcast on TV today or are they doing a tape delay broadcast tomorrow?
It was on today. Though there might be a rerun early tomorrow morning.

I watched it on the TV at work but with captions. It looked pretty tame with no major crashes. Worth watching with sound?

I watched it on the TV at work but with captions. It looked pretty tame with no major crashes. Worth watching with sound?

It's always worth watching with sound, if for nothing more than the roar of the different machinery IMHO.

It was fun watching the Taylor brothers go head to head for a few laps. You could see them giving each other room even while getting after it.

Does anyone know if all classes will be racing at Mid-Ohio? In previous years, I thought IMSA made it more obvious in the schedule when a race didn't have all classes.

Does anyone know if all classes will be racing at Mid-Ohio? In previous years, I thought IMSA made it more obvious in the schedule when a race didn't have all classes.

IMSA.PNG

:cheers:

Hopefully they will keep the Youtube uploads in place. I enjoy seeing the race uncut, even if it is uploaded later.

Plus, there is no NBC Sports in Canada (though we will still be able to watch on IMSA tv I believe). IMSA said they are working on a TV deal for Canada though. But without knowing what it is (it might not be good), it would be nice to continue to have the Youtube option.

Hopefully they will keep the Youtube uploads in place. I enjoy seeing the race uncut, even if it is uploaded later.

Plus, there is no NBC Sports in Canada (though we will still be able to watch on IMSA tv I believe). IMSA said they are working on a TV deal for Canada though. But without knowing what it is (it might not be good), it would be nice to continue to have the Youtube option.

Yeah, we've got TSN and Sportsnet. Sportsnet is cringey when they insert their own stuff into the IndyCar broadcasts, and TSN piggybacks all motorsports bar Nascar Pintys off of ESPN. Not good choices really.

TSN has been on life support since they lost the hockey deal, could be the shot in the arm they need to be relevant again.

@Eh Team Sportnet has enough channels that they could air a lot of IMSA races (including the 24/12 hour races), more likely to than TSN I would think. Commercials would be an issue though, as you mentioned.

I think that TSN airs the IMSA GT3 Cup (at least the Canadian ones, the first race was combined), so perhaps they are more likely to get it as they already have a relationship.

Back