2018 IMSA WeatherTech Sportscar ChampionshipSports Cars 

• Thread starter Organ-Donor
  • 1,545 comments
Wiz

da_clap-theatre1.gif

applause-ancient-brief-F9DzQnxx6ZZNm

Can't say I see that as much of a loss. I do think it's a pretty big indication though of how big IMSA is getting. Only a few years ago you had some really questionable drivers on the grid - and some barely funded teams. As the competition etc. cranks up you're going to see the fringe drivers who are "okay" get booted as their seats become more and more valuable.

I haven't heard yet if 3GT are going to try and have 2 cars for the full season or go the Michael Shank Racing route with one full season car and another one for the endurance races. With Karam and Alon both out that currently leaves Pruett and Hawksworth in one car.

The latest
I haven't heard yet if 3GT are going to try and have 2 cars for the full season or go the Michael Shank Racing route with one full season car and another one for the endurance races. With Karam and Alon both out that currently leaves Pruett and Hawksworth in one car.
Hawk already has a new teammate. http://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/3gt-signs-heinemeier-hansson-for-lexus-gtd-effort/ and it sounds like they need another funded driver (Pro or Am) to fit in with Silver rated Pruett. http://www.racer.com/imsa/item/146390-pruett-readies-for-50th-year-of-racing

That Transformers P2 entry turned into a empty garage. Risi GTD entry is finally confirmed and the Dalla Lana/Lamy entry in a AF Corsa run Ferrari is interesting.

That Transformers P2 entry turned into a empty garage. Risi GTD entry is finally confirmed and the Dalla Lana/Lamy entry in a AF Corsa run Ferrari is interesting.

Well there's an interesting combo I would've never expected.

To be honest if they end up changing their liveries throughout the season again I certainly won't mind, as MSR know how to make a cracking livery.

Shank has unveiled the first of the (presumably) many schemes they will use in 2018.

phpThumb.php

IMG_4494.jpg
Needs more anime! Where's the Super GT/early 2000's style NASCAR itashas!? Where's the Love Live Muse/Aquors girls?!

In all seriousness though, I like it a lot.

Back