2018 Liqui-Moly Bathurst 12HR - Race DiscussionSports Cars 

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 219 comments
The irony of a timed race going time certain. :lol:
This is why I think the Supercar races that don't have a distance attached to them, should be timed races.

The people calling for the clock to be stopped yesterday, fail to see the fact that a 12 hour race can only run for 12 hours. Not 12 hours & xx minutes.
As also happened yesterday, if a race has to be stopped & a resumption is unfeasable, then call it just as they did.

It would've been a sham & tokenism to the max for the officials to resume the race for a last lap or two dash for honours.

The decision to declare the race early was justified. I know it robs us of a spectacular finish but these things happen. There was too much rubbish on the track and it would've taken quite a while to clean it all up. Still, at least Whincup wasn't given a chance to win. The crash is scarily similar to this one during the 2008 Bathurst 1000 practice:

Compare:

The people calling for the clock to be stopped yesterday, fail to see the fact that a 12 hour race can only run for 12 hours.
My be so sure to finish the race at exactly 12 hours when they didn't even start it at zero?

My be so sure to finish the race at exactly 12 hours when they didn't even start it at zero?
For clarification:

A timed race see the leader shown the Last Lap board the first time they cross the start/finish line AFTER the countdown clock hits zero.

The crash is scarily similar to this one during the 2008 Bathurst 1000 practice:

Also very similar to the DVS crash that claimed Mark Porter's life in 2006. Good thing that both the Audi and the Merc are LHD.

Back