2018 NASCAR Discussion threadNASCAR 

• Thread starter MustangRyan
  • 1,284 comments
So how do you folks like NASCAR so far this season?

It's been a while since I did one of these posts. But if you're looking forward to any races in the big three series, here is the upcoming schedule:

APR 2018: Trucks
~~~ no Trucks races in APR 2018 :( ~~~

APR 2018: XFINITY
APR 7: Texas
APR 14: Bristol
APR 20: Richmond
APR 28: Talladega

APR 2018: Cup
APR 8: Texas
APR 15: Bristol
APR 21: Richmond
APR 29: Talladega

Good parity, huh? We got an intermediate, back-to-back short tracks, and then plate racing at 2.66 mile-long Talladega. We also stay mostly in the South (unless you don't consider Texas a Southern state). It would be better parity if a road course was mixed into this. Still plenty of racing to go this season.

As you can see... Texans of GTPlanet, are you ready for NASCAR to unleash its brand of awesomeness around its finest high-speed battleground? Time to light up Texas Motor Speedway again here in the Lone Star State.

Good luck to your favorite drivers and teams.

Anyone know how many years are left on the current Goodyear contract? Well...it might be their last for the foreseeable future...

Oh boy, that's abit of a blunder. You know a group of people that potentially uses those RVs quite abit? Nascar fans.

Most likely fake news. There is no credible source, If this were fact, Goodyear shareholders would be dumping like mad. And Goodyear shares moved upward just a bit today

Most likely fake news.

K.

There is no credible source

There are many sources in the article. All underlined texts are links to sources. You also seem to forget that the materials obtained are court documents.

If this were fact, Goodyear shareholders would be dumping like mad. And Goodyear shares moved upward just a bit today

Not necessarily, markets don't always reflect company blunders. To see them start declining would likely be a better indication. The article also came out after the exchange closed so only this morning might it start having an effect.

Did Trump just take over this guy's account? He's disregarding all the painfully obvious facts in the exact same fashion.

Last edited:
I would hardly consider "Jalopnik" credible or the Kurtz Law Firm more than a bunch of ambulance chasers. As for shareholders, the stock is up today again. And to believe that shareholders don't coincide with the blunders means you have probably never been in the stock market world. I'll give you a recent event which showed the correlation between the two. Dog gets put in overhead compartment, dog dies. And despite the fact that the breed of dog should never been on that plane, United shareholders sell off. Within a week though the share price returns to the original and the smart people made money by buying low due to this event which was media fueled

Uncontrolled tire for Harvick but no penalty. They gave an uncontrolled tire penalty to the 12 early in the race and it wasn’t even close to the level of the 4.

Uncontrolled tire for Harvick but no penalty. They gave an uncontrolled tire penalty to the 12 early in the race and it wasn’t even close to the level of the 4.

Harvick's crew have a Benny Hill theme going on all race. It's ridiculous.

Also, another right front tyre gone poof.

That was a good finish. Would have been a bitter pill to swallow if Harvick would have won given NASCAR giving him a huge chance to do so when they shouldn’t have.

I guess if he had become a hood ornament then they would have penalized the crew?

I guess when it comes to pit road penalties and sensibility FIA > NASCAR this weekend.

I do wonder why Blaney got penalized and not Harvick. As for the rest of the race, it was fun to see some different people up front. So naturally familiar faces finish 1-2 anyway.

That ties Kyle Busch with Bill Elliott in all time Cup wins at age 32. #1 18 fanboy out.
As a driver, Bill Elliott couldn't change Kyle Busch's tires. Elliott ran that era where there were 5-10 competitive cars each week. That explains his inflated win totals.

From Jayski which got it from Motorsport.com:
NASCAR is planning to use next month's Monster Energy NASCAR All-Star Race as a test of the Xfinity Series aero package debuted last season at Indianapolis Motor Speedway, Motorsport.com has learned.
The aero package used in the Xfinity Series last season included a restrictor-plate, but even more importantly, aero ducts on the front spoilers and a taller rear spoiler.

For the Xfinity Series package, the aero ducts - which move air out of the front wheel wells and create a larger wake - increased the draft envelope by approximately 25 percent, which generally allowed the trailing car to race closer to the leading car.

The restrictor-plates slowed the field down and helped prevent the leading car from running away from the field.

The package received generally positive reviews following last year's Xfinity race at Indy. The race produced an event record 16 lead changes across an event-record eight different drivers.

Interested to see how this plays out. The Xfinity race at Indianapolis last year was fantastic. I'm not sure how well it's gonna work at Charlotte.

The start of Sundays race has been moved back to 1:00pm eastern due to the threat of rain.

Yeah. There' should no way we're racing today.
IMG_2451.PNG
IMG_2452.PNG

But they're gonna try. National anthem being sung right now. Cars uncovered.

Blaney was way more positive in that interview than I thought he would. Being taken out by lapped traffic wrecking in front of you while being the dominant car has to be one of the worst feelings ever for a driver.

The race will conclude tomorrow at 1pm eastern on FS1 due to the rain.

Back