2018 NASCAR Discussion threadNASCAR 

• Thread starter MustangRyan
  • 1,284 comments
Really impressive recovery of that tire from Menard's crew member there.

I'm at work like....

frustrated.gif

I was able to watch the last 30 or so laps on the PS Vue app. Awesome for the 18. Larson had that one. Here come all the angry face reactions on fb.

Listened to the race while sitting in traffic outside Philadelphia on my way home from school thanks to PRN. I was able to see the last 60 laps after I pulled over at a McDonalds. Really wanted to see Larson or Johnson get the win.

I wish more races were more like this one (minus the extra day needed to complete it). And Menard's crew member...I have no words. :eek:

I have a strong feeling its gonna look like some half Fusion, half Mustang disaster of proportions like the Camaro. Jalopnik and V8 Supercars fans have a point. NASCAR needs to do something about the proportions of the gen 6.

I wasn't going to say anything, but it basically looks like a Fusion with a Mustang badge on the grill...

To be fair, I think the (real) Fusion looks good. On the race car, the only real difference between the Fusion and Mustang is just the headlight and taillight stickers.

I wasn't going to say anything, but it basically looks like a Fusion with a Mustang badge on the grill...

To be fair, I think the (real) Fusion looks good. On the race car, the only real difference between the Fusion and Mustang is just the headlight and taillight stickers.
I honestly thought it looked like a Fusion with half of the front clip of the '18 Mustang. Either way, it's a little sad how Ford and GM are hyping up bringing their RWD sports/muscle cars into the big show and then they build what are essentially the old sedans with half of the identifying features of the cars they are supposed to represent. They look more like trains than muscle cars.

I don't think the Mustang looks too bad. I'm very afraid to see the new Camaro in NASCAR form though. :scared:

2019-Chevrolet-Camaro-SS-01.jpg

I really wish NASCAR would go the route other series do and have a mother chassis that's mainly just a safety cell. At least that way the cars can look somewhat like their road going versions.

I don't think the Mustang looks too bad. I'm very afraid to see the new Camaro in NASCAR form though. :scared:

2019-Chevrolet-Camaro-SS-01.jpg

From what I've read about the new Camaros, the ZL1 isn't gonna change any time soon. Just the other variants. So the Camaro we have in NASCAR won't be changing.

From what I've read about the new Camaros, the ZL1 isn't gonna change any time soon. Just the other variants. So the Camaro we have in NASCAR won't be changing.

I hope it stays that way, I'm by no means a fan of any Camaro since it's came back, but it's at least been passable up to now.

Haha... 5 Hour Energy Move of the Race is the 5 Hour Energy car getting passed.

Would have been more exciting had Truex not had the pit problem. Instead we got to watch Kyle just drive away from Prince Irrelevant

Good for Matt. He's a great driver. I wonder why they don't just can Bayne instead of the 2 part time drivers thing? Unless Kenseth wants to see if the equipment is junk before making an official full time comeback in 2019.

NASCAR acquires ARCA, meaning it's time for that to be ruined completely, stripped of value, and sold off for scrap.

ASA still does stock car racing, right?

Jamie McMurray's left rear tire decided it didn't want to hold air any more and blew out during final practice. McMurray slid sideways and the car started to lift a little, then he got t-boned by Newman, and over he went.

Jamie McMurray's left rear tire decided it didn't want to hold air any more and blew out during final practice. McMurray slid sideways and the car started to lift a little, then he got t-boned by Newman, and over he went.

All of CGR right now: "Well, s:censored:"

I remembered hearing the news of NASCAR taking ARCA watching FS1 earlier today. It will be sad seeing a unique series like ARCA potentially get cheapened and obsolete. Not going to say "RIP, ARCA" unless there's a good idea of what this takeover will mean for ARCA when fully played out.

Had no idea NASCAR had acquired ARCA. On one hand, I fear it'll be another stock car series robbed of its identity and replaced with cheap gimmicks and crummy has-been drivers bashing other series after Nascar sends them a heathy check. On the other hand, Maybe they'll leave it the hell alone and let it be its on thing and hardly mess with it.

Good for Matt. He's a great driver. I wonder why they don't just can Bayne instead of the 2 part time drivers thing? Unless Kenseth wants to see if the equipment is junk before making an official full time comeback in 2019.

I feel like that's exactly what he is doing. He pretty much left Roush if I recall for exactly that reason so I would think if he's gonna be back full time, last thing he needs is to go back to driving the same crappy equipment he left after 2012.

Back