2018 NASCAR Discussion threadNASCAR 

• Thread starter MustangRyan
  • 1,284 comments
The decline of NASCAR is a complex, multifaceted story. Humpy Wheeler has a series of thoughtful YouTube videos which well explains it.

Coincidentally, Kevin Harvick and Tony Stewart both touched on this subject during their post-Phoenix conference.

It's raining where I live right now and it's only about 1.5 hours from the track. I bet qualifying gets rained out. If there's one thing that will bring rain to California it's NASCAR lol

And just like that, Harvicks chances for 4 in a row are out the window.

Martin Truex Jr. does that thing were he wins all the stages and then wins the race by 9 seconds over 2nd.

Maybe it would have been closer had Busch's team not made the wrong adjustment on the last stop. Or Harvick hadn't taken himself out. Or Larson not sustained that slight bit of damage from that contact (and goofy crap getting caught in between the tire and the wheel well on a pit stop). And what's with these races NOT having a caution with 2 or 3 to go like they used to always do? As it was, Truex stunk up the show once he got by Busch.

Jeffery Earnhardt is out of the 00 and will be replaced by Landon Cassill.

Due to weather, the truck race will be held tomorrow, Monday, at 11:00 AM eastern and the cup race will be at 2:00 PM eastern.

I think that was the most uneventful race at Martinsville I've ever seen. Dillon accidentally turning McMurray was the only incident of the day. But it was great to see Bowyer win again.

Was great to see Bowyer in victory lane. He deserves it after having to take a step back and run in junk equipment for awhile. Meanwhile the prince of NASCAR, known as Chase Elliott continues to fail race after race in top notch equipment. I guess having the most overrated driver in the history of NASCAR as your father has its perks. Put Gray Gaulding, Cole Whitt or Matt DiBenedetto in a Hendrick car and they would find a win over the course of 2 plus years

I don't know that I would consider Hendrick to be a top team at the moment. Their best driver in the standings is Bowman in 14th and Johnson is sitting in 17th with a best finish of 9th. Now I doubt this slump will last all year, but to act like Elliott is in the dominant equipment is a rather bad argument.

To be fair, it's painfully obvious Chevrolet has been a massive disappointment so far in 2018 compared to its expectations, with one (lucky) win so far. Toyota also has lost something, And IMO, Ford has exceeded expectations.

I don't know that I would consider Hendrick to be a top team at the moment. Their best driver in the standings is Bowman in 14th and Johnson is sitting in 17th with a best finish of 9th. Now I doubt this slump will last all year, but to act like Elliott is in the dominant equipment is a rather bad argument.
The top tier teams in the garage right now are SHR, Penske, Gibbs, and Furniture Row.

Almirola is looking great so far in the 10 car. This really magnifies how far behind the other Fords the 43 car was the last few years. it also illustrates how poorly Danica was performing in the 10, relative to her SHR teammates (Harvick, Busch, Stewart, and Bowyer). The 43 team may have picked the worst possible year to change from Ford to Chevy.

The 43 team may have picked the worst possible year to change from Ford to Chevy.

I don’t think Bubba would be doing any better had they stuck with Ford. Sure Penske and SHR are performing well but Roush and Front Row are still where they have been for the last few years.

Back