2018 NASCAR Discussion threadNASCAR 

• Thread starter MustangRyan
  • 1,284 comments
Oh look. One guy made the race anticlimactic. Next year they'll change everything again and still fail to manufacture a truly dramatic finish. I might try to stomach the 600, but I think I'm done with NASCAR for now.

Unfortunately, I'm tending to agree with you. I grew up with Nascar, but it's just not doing it for me these days. In the past I would never miss a race, but now I find it hard to care except for a few favorites like Daytona, Talladega, and Darlington. I hope to get into the 600 as well.

Edit: And I have no idea what the fix is. :confused:

Unfortunately, I'm tending to agree with you. I grew up with Nascar, but it's just not doing it for me these days. In the past I would never miss a race, but now I find it hard to care except for a few favorites like Daytona, Talladega, and Darlington. I hope to get into the 600 as well.

Edit: And I have no idea what the fix is. :confused:
I always wanted to go see the races at TMS whenever they came to town. I think I actively turned down an invitation to go this spring because it's not engaging me anymore. What's more, I don't know if there IS a fix. People claim it's fine, people claim it's not, all I can do is go with what I feel anymore, and the Cup series 'aint doin' it for me anymore. Haven't caught a truck or xfinity race since Daytona so I dunno about them.

I can't tell if I liked the All Star package or not. Nor can I tell if it worked the way NASCAR wanted. At times, the racing was interesting, but good ol' clear air still seemed to be an advantage. (That, or the 4 has 40hp on everyone, one or the other.)

More worryingly, Chicagoland Speedway has tweeted that they would like to use the package for the July race. I don't know how serious they're being, but it's out there. I hope this isn't a classic NASCAR knee jerk reaction to something that sort of half - worked as expected.

It could possibly work at chicago. It's got the banking. But I don't think we'll see anything happen until next year, if they decide to use it at more tracks. It's a promising package, but it definitely won't work everywhere.

Looks like for the first time all year, there will be more than 40 cars and someone will go home. My guess will be the #66. Timmy Hill deserves better. It would make for a great exhibition race, if one week the drivers picked their car out of a hat. Would love to see Matt D, McDowell, Gaulding, Chastain and Wallace in good equipment, while also seeing what the real wheelmen like Busch, Harvick, Johnson, Truex and Larson perform in junk rides. Also this would be the best chance to get the #9 in victory lane

Not an Austin Dillon fan at all, but his Coke 600 car looks awesome. The best since the return of the 3 imo. Coca Cola car always look great.

I was a big fan of Davey Allison as a kid. If not for his untimely death, I honestly believe he had the potential to dominate the 90's in a way that would have vastly altered the careers of Earnhardt, Gordon, and certainly Dale Jarrett.

Allison, crew chief Larry McReynolds, and car owner/engine builder Robert Yates certainly seemed to have great chemistry in the few years they had together.

That Chris Myers interview with Clint Bowyers kid and Kyle Larsons kid is the best thing I've seen this year.

Austin Dillon scrapes the wall and blows a tire. Lost a crush panel so he's gonna have a long night. First caution of the night.

Kevin Harvick blows a left front tire and is in the wall! 2nd caution is out.

William Byron get's loose and hits the wall in 2. Caution is out. :banghead::banghead:🤬🤬

He was running 13th.

Jimmie Johnson came down on Denny Hamlin and spins in front of the field. Nobody hit him but Logano spun trying to avoid. Caution is out.

Kyle Busch leads at the end of stage 2.

Is anyone else having trouble hearing Mike Joy and the gang?

Caution out for Chris Buescher who hit the wall and spun off 4.

Ryan Blaney's engine bursts into flames! Caution is out. Blaney gets out okay.

Back