2018 NASCAR Discussion threadNASCAR 

• Thread starter MustangRyan
  • 1,284 comments
The only other team with more is Petty Enterprises who managed 268 (at least from what I could find).
Seems like Hendrick is going to catch them at this rate, though I would love it if Bubba Wallace could add his name to that. (Assuming we consider RPM a continuation of Petty Enterprises as I do.)
Brian France arrested in NY for driving while intoxicated and possession of a controlled substance. Dude is a mess.

https://nascar.nbcsports.com/2018/0...rance-arrested-for-driving-while-intoxicated/
I try to be nice and understanding IRL, but knowing how NASCAR and its fans operate; Hahhahahahaha!! saw this coming a mile out!
Seriously though, dude needs to be booted after this. Sell the series and start over. It's time.

Sell NASCAR already.
This guy gets it.

Seems like Hendrick is going to catch them at this rate, though I would love it if Bubba Wallace could add his name to that. (Assuming we consider RPM a continuation of Petty Enterprises as I do.)

I try to be nice and understanding IRL, but knowing how NASCAR and its fans operate; Hahhahahahaha!! saw this coming a mile out!
Seriously though, dude needs to be booted after this. Sell the series and start over. It's time.

This guy gets it.

RPM is a continuation of Evernham if anyone, and are a continuation of Petty Enterprises as much as they are of Yates Racing (IE barely at all). Petty Enterprises died after 2008 when the Petty family stopped being involved in the actual ownership of the team, John Andretti got their final win (should’ve been my favourite driver Jerry Nadeau at Sonoma 2002 but alas it wasn’t to be).

Last edited:
A few more pics. I think it looks great!
IMG_2821.JPG
IMG_2822.JPG
IMG_2823.PNG

While I think that stage racing has marginally improved the mid-race excitement at oval tracks, it definitely destroys race-long pit strategy at road courses. The only real question was whether to one stop or two stop the final segment. For the second year in a row, the final segment went green and was won by a one-stop strategy.
Even Kevin Harvick agrees with me! :lol:

Are there too many stages in a road course race?

Former champion Kevin Harvick wonders that after racing at Sonoma and Watkins Glen this year — and a playoff race at Charlotte Motor Speedway’s Roval to come for the Cup Series.

“I don’t like the two stages for the road races,” Harvick said on his SiriusXM NASCAR Radio show this week. “The reason that I don’t like the two stages is we waste about 8-10 laps of caution between the end of the two stages. It takes some of the strategy out of the race. This week we had three sets of tires. You had two stages, so most guys put two sets of tires on and you had to stop one time (in the final stage). Then you had another set of scuffs that you used in qualifying that were available as your emergency set of tires.

“One thing about road racing to me is strategy. You see so many strategies as you go through the years and you see guys doing different things and put themselves in position to win. To me, it might be worth looking at a single stage with double points for winning the stage.’’

He’s for putting that stage beyond a fuel window, meaning teams would have to pit before the stage ended. Harvick noted that the Watkins Glen race was 90 laps and suggested putting the single stage at Lap 40 since the fuel window was about 35 laps.

“To me it doesn’t flow well at the road courses,” Harvick said of two stage breaks at a road course race. “I would like everybody to think about and look at eliminating that second stage and going to maybe just one stage, double points.”
Source

Ty Dillon hit the wall hard after he ran over whatever piece of debris he hit. Looked like the car might have jumped slightly when he hit that debris too.

Ty Dillon hit the wall hard after he ran over whatever piece of debris he hit. Looked like the car might have jumped slightly when he hit that debris too.
Whatever it was, it was very heavy. You could see it just decimate the front splitter, and destroy everything under the front end of the car. The orange tape on the debris was visible pinned to the front of the radiator even after the car wrecked. I can't believe they couldn't retrieve the item from behind the grill after he stopped on track.

Kevin Harvick gets the win, and let's his son ride with him to victory lane in the race car. Super cool!

Lol Harvick wins, crew chief tells him the car has to go to the wind tunnel and they don’t let him do a burnout then he takes the side window out while the Official comes up and looks to be telling him he can’t do that. Very questionable.

Where's the sleep emoji? Aside from Dillon hitting that piece of debris, Harvick once again made it a snooze fest. Especially stage 3.

Where's the sleep emoji? Aside from Dillon hitting that piece of debris, Harvick once again made it a snooze fest. Especially stage 3.

Michigan made it a snooze fest. Only the trucks can put on good races there.

Both the races yesterday made up for today’s inevitable disappointment

Michigan made it a snooze fest. Only the trucks can put on good races there.

Both the races yesterday made up for today’s inevitable disappointment
That's true. The truck race was a photo finish and the Xfinity race was fun to watch because road course.

Both Sadler (‘01-‘06) and Kahne (‘04-‘13) had periods of greatness but have languished for years. Kasey just seems to get worse every year as he loses confidence and Sadler has been the one of the most overrated drivers in NASCAR for over a decade, stealing top-flight Xfinity rides from younger, more talented drivers. So I’m not too upset to see them go.

The internet theory is that LFR is looking to become the next Furniture Row and are going to align with Toyota and Gibbs, with Bell behind the wheel (I don’t think he’s ready). Kasey is retiring to save face since he wouldn’t get a decent ride elsewhere. I’m sure he’d rather concentrate on having fun in Sprint Cars anyway, besides the obvious family stuff.

I expect Bayne to replace Sadler in the JRM ride, since Junior/Hendrick have shown that they have zero interest in anyone who isn’t at least partially a pay driver over the last few seasons.

About to fire engines.

BE's fun with 2018 stats: Kyle Larson won the pole for tonight’s Bristol Night Race. This is Larson's 3rd pole of the 2018 season. Of the other 2 poles Larson won in 2018, the races were eventually won by the 4 and 78. Additionally, only 5 races have been won this season from the pole and all 5 races are shared by the 4, 18 and 78 (18-2, 78-2 & 4-1).

Back