2018 NASCAR Discussion threadNASCAR 

• Thread starter MustangRyan
  • 1,284 comments
Same thing that happened to Jimmie a few years ago
Almost looked like a carbon copy of Johnsons wreck.

Edit: They just showed Johnsons wreck from last year. Bubba had to hit the wall in almost the exact same place as Johnson. Scary stuff.

Last edited:
images(3).jpg

That’s right, Almorola. Keep your helmet on until after the confrontation is over. That’s a move straight out of the Harvick playbook.

Just saw the Bubba Wallace crash, almost identical to Jimmie Johnson’s a year or two ago. Lucky to have rotated the car, a front on impact would’ve been frightening.

Probably would’ve been safest to stick it right to the outside and ride along the wall. Spilt second decision though.

Just saw the Bubba Wallace crash, almost identical to Jimmie Johnson’s a year or two ago. Lucky to have rotated the car, a front on impact would’ve been frightening.

Probably would’ve been safest to stick it right to the outside and ride along the wall. Spilt second decision though.
When the right front brake fails, the car lunges HARD to the left, because that's the only side of the car that is slowing down. He didn't know the brake had failed until he was pointing 25° to his left and was sliding toward the grass.

It happened once to me at the top end of a 1/8 mile drag strip and scared the crap out of me. Thankfully when my left front brake line blew out, I was in the left lane, and there was no one beside me when it happened. The car veered hard right when only the right front brake engaged. By fear, instinct, and sheer dumb luck I let off the brake and straightened it up before I got into the wall. I had to cut the engine off and use the emergency brake to get stopped before running off the end of the track.

When the right front brake fails, the car lunges HARD to the left, because that's the only side of the car that is slowing down. He didn't know the brake had failed until he was pointing 25° to his left and was sliding toward the grass.

It happened once to me at the top end of a 1/8 mile drag strip and scared the crap out of me. Thankfully when my left front brake line blew out, I was in the left lane, and there was no one beside me when it happened. The car veered hard right when only the right front brake engaged. By fear, instinct, and sheer dumb luck I let off the brake and straightened it up before I got into the wall. I had to cut the engine off and use the emergency brake to get stopped before running off the end of the track.
Ah, I watched the clip of it without volume so I wasn’t too sure what caused it.

Nothing like NASCAR and road racing, huh? I'm watching the XFINITY race at Watkins Glen as of the time of this post. XFINITY does Mid-Ohio next.

So I don't forget... happy birthday today to the guy who got me into NASCAR back circa 1999- Jeff Gordon!

Strange for Bill to be racing at a road course, but it’ll sell some tickets and give him a better goodbye than his last few years doing favours for bottom of the barrel Cup teams.

I hope Katherine does well, she’s bringing some sponsorship so she should give JD a shot in the arm, and she has a lot of experience at those tracks. About time, I remember she was rumoured to be making an attempt at NASCAR about a decade ago.

Now we just need Jeff Gordon and Tony Stewart to come back for the Xfinity race at the Roval. And Jeff to race a Truck race at Martinsville one of these days.

Now we just need Jeff Gordon and Tony Stewart to come back for the Xfinity race at the Roval. And Jeff to race a Truck race at Martinsville one of these days.

I'm pretty sure Jeff's back couldn't take the kind of punishment racing a NASCAR Truck at Martinsville and Smoke is enjoying running on the dirt to go back for a one-off on a road course... But I could be wrong.

I'm pretty sure Jeff's back couldn't take the kind of punishment racing a NASCAR Truck at Martinsville and Smoke is enjoying running on the dirt to go back for a one-off on a road course... But I could be wrong.

They’ve both talked about doing it, Jeff talked about doing the Truck race not too long ago

Really wish I'd had been able to watch yesterday's Xfinity race. It rained in the middle of stage 2.

Back