2018 NASCAR Discussion threadNASCAR 

• Thread starter MustangRyan
  • 1,284 comments
Missed the race but I found is picture of the finish. They're saying the gap was 0.000 of a second. New record across all 3 national series.
IMG_2123.PNG

Looks like 3-4 inches between them.

Watched most of the race but finally gave up on it after the 3rd Green-White-Checkered was mere feet away from getting the white flag before NASCAR, rather than just letting the race end said; "No no, let's draw this out even further, line them back up, and let's give ourselves another chance to get some more wrecks in before the day is through. Because it's totally what the fans want, Bro!"

And as expected, Sadler left off right where he finished last year. Gave his usual whiny interview, complained about the penalty he got for locking bumpers with the prince. Have no clue how this guy keeps his sponsor. At least that segment was followed up by an upbeat Ryan Reed who had a smile on his face despite finishing third. Hats off to that young man who has overcome adversities with his health.

If yesterday's XFINITY race at Daytona didn't have 70 Overtimes, I probably would have seen that epic finish live. Great finish to that race.

Can you believe it? 60th running of the Daytona 500! The big race is today as NASCAR's top series contests this race full of drama and intrigue. As many people have said it, the Daytona 500 is like starting the season with the Super Bowl. The first qualifer for this season's Chase for the Cup can be punched by winning this race.

No matter who your favorite driver(s)/team(s) is/are, good luck to all of your favorites for this race and this season.

Race day bros. I'd like to kick this season off with this gem that a buddy of mine showed me a few years back and I occasionally listen to because I have it as an MP3 as well. I remember the original broadcast and was laughing.

Way too early to be driving like that. It seemed like they were racing for the win, not racing for the conclusion of the first stage.

Did the race start later this year? Seems like the sun is coming down sooner.

Considering some of the craziness from earlier in the race, they seem to really be stuck in single file now.

The amount of ad breaks I’m here in Aus is absolutely ridiculous. Every time Fox goes side by side or whatever they call, we go to full on commercials.

Damn! Literally every car that I cared about was taken out in an instant. What a bummer for Blaney, it all looked done when was sucked into the middle lane, but he did fantastic to get back to the lead.

Back