9. WIN v.s Steelers
  10. WIN v.s Bengals
  11. WIN v.s Raiders
  12. LOSS @ Falcons
  13. LOSS @ Chiefs
  14. WIN v.s Bucs
  15. LOSS @ Rams
  16. WIN v.s Browns

10-6 overall in Flacco's make-it-or-break-it-for-realsies year. Rams are my preliminary pick to win Super Bowl 53.

Last edited:
Of the Houston Texans' various cuts, two that sting me the most are Shane Lechler and Braxton Miller. Plenty of tough decisions to make for all of the NFL teams. Only so few can make the team. And so... cuts have to be made.

Are there any cuts or trades that have you buzzing?

The Bills will probably be horrible. Preston Brown is gone while Tremaine Edmunds is not ready to be a MLB, the D-Line is old and slow, the Secondary will underachieve with bad linebackers....The O-Line sucks, the Peter-Man is smart but has no throwing power, Allen has a cannon but isn't quite NFL ready. I think I said 4-12 or 6-10 last year, this year I'm saying the same. I mean preseason is meaningless as a predictor, especially since the only teams to go 0-16 went 4-0 in the preseason, but if that bum ass play in the preseason continues into the regular season this team will be lucky to win 4 games. Especially when matched up with the NFC North, AFC South, and the Pats x2. Facing Cousins, Rodgers, Stafford, Watson, Luck and Brady twice is far from easy. I thought before the Bears could be a win...but Mack will eat this line up.

It took Andy Dalton throwing a touchdown on 4th and long to get the Bills to the playoffs, let that sink in.

What will it take this year? Literally Jesus.

Last edited:
My prediction on the Vikings is that they will just miss getting the bye and loose in OT by a field goal.

Time to embrace a new season of the National Football League. To that end, every game, excluding the Pro Bowl, are all towards playing in Atlanta to hoist the Lombardi Trophy and being declared the champions. So begins Week 1 of the 2018 season. While a handful of games are on tap across the nation, there are some marquee games to start the new season. And those games are as follows:

THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL: ATL Falcons at PHI Eagles
SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL: CHI Bears at GB Packers
MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL: NYJ Jets at DET Lions, and LAR Rams at OAK Raiders

If you're a regular on GTPlanet, you probably know I am the one who tries to hype up Monday Night games. Even if it is involving two last-place teams, I at least try to sell matches as best as I can. I also try to offer some betting notes on Monday Night games. Usually, I share who is favored as well as the Over/Under (predicted total number of points scored by both teams). I usually try to make note of upcoming games usually on Tuesdays or sometime before the Thursday Night games happen.

One VERY important note: the season is NOT over just because your team loses! The NFL is not like the former BCS in college football, where you have to be near perfect to be a championship contender. Just don't lose with regularity. Your team(s) does not have to be the second coming of the 1972 Miami Dolphins to be a success. Conversely, just don't hope your team(s) end up like the 2008 Detroit Lions or 2017 Cleveland Browns (or "Brons").

So there you have it. Enjoy the new season of NFL football! Good luck to all of your favorite teams.

All I can say about the Lions is that the Lions will be Lioning this season- just like they always have done and will continue to do for all eternity.

All I can say about the Lions is that the Lions will be Lioning this season- just like they always have done and will continue to do for all eternity.

So. Much. Truth.

If they manage 8-8 I'll be surprised. Especially not with Khali Mack joining up with the Bears, it's just made the division that much harder. Looking at their schedule, I'm guessing they'll be 6-10. Oh well, I'm glad I paid a bunch of money to get NFL Sunday Ticket so I can watch them every weekend.

The journey beings tonight in Philadelphia. All 32 teams have the opportunity to be among the best in the National Football League and have the opportunity to play in Super Bowl LIII in Atlanta. Speaking of Atlanta and Philadelphia, both teams play tonight. If you will be watching, enjoy tonight's contest!

Ya I'm glad I skipped over Bell in fantasy. Even if he plays, I fell like he'll phone it in so he doesn't get injured. He fell to me at the 6th overall pick and I still went for Saquon.

I took him because I knew he would be playing for his future contract. No way he stays in Pittsburgh after this year. I like to take players who are in the final year of their deals (i.e. Randal Cobb) and not ones who just got paid (cough: Cousins).

Guess who I picked 1st overall two weeks ago in fantasy football? :banghead:

In one of the two leagues I'm in I forgot about the draft and missed the whole first round, I ended up having the first overall pick and autopick gave me Le'Veon. I probably would have taken Todd Gurley, had I have remembered about the draft. All I can say is sign James Conner if noone has already done it.

Looking back on that draft, I took Le'Veon, Dalvin Cook, and Shady. Three HUGE red flags. Though in my opinion Shady isn't that much of a red flag, and at the time (the draft was a month ago) Le'Veon wasn't either. And Dalvin might not get too many carriers right away.

Ya I'm glad I skipped over Bell in fantasy. Even if he plays, I fell like he'll phone it in so he doesn't get injured. He fell to me at the 6th overall pick and I still went for Saquon.

He fell to you at 6th! That's crazy.

Last edited:
Someone picked up Conner right after Bell failed to report to the team meeting on Wednesday. Le sigh.

I'm cautiously (or foolishly) optimistic for the Lions this season. Stafford is still a top five NFL QB and I'm looking for a breakout season from Kenny Golladay to complement our 1000 yard receiving duo in Tate and Jones. Hoping to see good things come from Kerryon Johnson. If we get any semblance of a rushing attack going it'll ease up on the pressure Stafford will face.

The NFC North might be the best division in football this year, the Packers are still Aaron Rodgers, but I'm still not one to believe Kirk Cousins was worth what he got paid. I think the Vikings will come to regret that signing. Khalil Mack will make the Bears better, no doubt, but is everyone really sold on Mitch Trubisky so soon? The Lions still have the second best QB in the division and when you're second only to Aaron Rodgers, you're pretty damn good.

All that being said, what an awful MNF lineup for week one.

All your Sunday are belong to the National Football League! Sundays mean something again for the first time since the last Super Bowl. Good luck to all of your favorite teams as we usher in a new season of NFL Football.

I predicted my Texans will start the 2018 season 0-2. Well, half of my prediction is now complete, as we failed 27-20 at the New England Patriots. Opening Drive for Houston was a fumble on a poor snap. That fumble led to a Pats touchdown. We still have not defeated New England at New England.

Up next for the Houston Texans... at the Tennessee Titans. We can at least take care of in-division business with a win in the Music City. Texans hoping not to sing the 0-2 blues after taking on the Titans in their house.

Congratulations to all the other winners from this week.

At least the Browns didn't lose, I mean they didn't win either but that's still a better start to the season than last year. Also Buffalo :lol:

Can we call the "Brons" the "Browns" again after Cleveland's tie, or do we have to wait until they get a proper win?

The dolphins now have the longest game-time game in NFL history (1971 vs the Chiefs) as well as the longest total-elapsed-time game in NFL history.

So Aaron Rogers partially tears an ACL. Comes back in the second half and destroys the Bears. Rogers is a cyborg.

Jets at Lions and Rams at Raiders... both TONIGHT!

The first Monday Night Football action of the 2018 season kicks off in the Midwest and in the Bay Area.

The first game is AFC meets NFC. We got the "J! E! T! S! JETS! JETS! JETS!" about to pay a visit to Ford Field in Detroit. Blitz24's New York Jets of the AFC East are hoping to start the season on a positive note. Usually, being taken into the Lions Den is a form of punishment. Punishment is what the NFC North's Detroit Lions of Joey D, AnthonyD1993, and dylpro hope to do against the Jets. Most people think neither team will do much damage in their respective divisions. But who will win this match? Get ready for impact, MoTown!

The other game for tonight is NFC meets AFC in a battle for California pride. The Los Angeles Rams are highly favored to make Super Bowl LIII, and maybe even win it all. The Rams of the NFC West will be taking on the black and silver boys of the AFC West- MoLiEG's Oakland Raiders. The Raiders want their stadium back from the Oakland Athletics of Major League Baseball. Nothing more classic than a SoCal vs. NorCal rivalry. So who will win this one?

Here are the lines and over/unders for these two games. The NYJ at DET game sees the Detroit Lions favored by 7, and the LAR at OAK game sees Oakland favored by 4. I couldn't get Over/Under numbers for either game.

Enjoy tonight's games if you'll be watching!

They can be referred to as the "Bronts" for now. No "w" until they earn it.

Get ready to call the Bills the Billlllllllllllllls (that's 16 L's) if they continue to play like this for the rest of the year. That was literally the worst football I've ever seen played in my life, and I'm not exaggerating. I think the 0-16 Browns had a more capable offense.

I've never seen an offensive line play that bad. Or receivers drop that many passes. Or a QB have that bad of accuracy. Talk about vanilla offenses. I thought Brian Daboll was supposed to be this mastermind of offense. A monkey could do a better job of calling plays. It should be said though, that this Ravens defense will turn a mediocre offense into a legitimate AFC North contender, especially if the Steelers don't have a defense this year.

When I was watching the Bills first stringers play in the preseason with that crappy offensive line and a defense that got trampled, I wondered, they can't possibly play like that in the regular season, right? They can't be giving 100% in the preseason, right? Well I was wrong. What I saw in the preseason is exactly what I got Sunday. An offense that couldn't move the ball, and a defense that got absolutely trampled, both in the run and pass game, though mostly in the pass game.

I say, throw Josh Allen out there. Sorry, but you're not going to learn anything by sitting behind literal garbage. I just hope that Allen doesn't turn into JP Losman. Because that's all the Bills need.

And for all those people out there that said keep Tyrod because the O-Line will suck, they were 100% right. But there's still no chance they win that game. Instead of it being 48-3 it would've been 28-13 or 24-17 with Tyrod as starter. And there's no chance they make the playoffs with Tyrod either, because this year's defense will not even compare to last year's defense (which aside from the Chargers, Saints, and Pats games looked really good).

All I can say is, they did it to themselves. You let your number 2 corner and defensive playcaller/NFL leading tackler go in the off-season, while you didn't replace your starting center that retired or the starting left guard that lost his mind and retired/was let go, while you traded your starting left tackle (even though he's injury prone). That's a recipe for disaster. Sure, Tre White, Jordan Poyer, and Micah Hyde are really good, but when your LBs and other corners blow coverage every play you can't really do anything.

Last edited:
Just going off of last night, I’ll eat my words on Trubisky, the kid looked GOOD! Against that crowd in Lambeau he looked as composed as just about any top caliber QB. I’ll give him credit where it’s due, but it’s a long season.

If you’re familiar with the ESPN app, there’s an adjusting win probability chart that I enjoy looking at during and after the games. Here was the Bears win probability with 1:32 left in the third:odd:
776AEA7D-A6F9-4EB3-AD59-E6354C479E64.png

I am kind of watching NYJ at DET. And... the Jets scored ANOTHER Touchdown. It's 48-17, NYJ with 54 second left in the 3rd Quarter right now. What a LONG quarter for Detroit. It was only 17-10, NYJ at the Half. Wow...

The Bengals came out flat to start against Indy. We were down 23-10 in the 3rd, but reeled off 24 straight points to win 34-23.

Oh, and unsurprisingly, Shawn Williams became the first player to be ejected for the tougher leading with helmet rule. Even with Pacman now gone and Vontaze serving a(nother) suspension, a Bengal still makes history in a bad way...

Two Monday night games, two beat downs by road teams in one night. So how did you enjoy the Jets whacking the Lions 48-17 in Detroit, and the 33-13 beating the Los Angeles Rams put on the Oakland Raiders in Oakland?

Are you 1-0 teams ready to declare that you're going to win Super Bowl LIII? Are you 0-1 teams ready to declare you're going to win the first overall draft pick in the 2019 NFL Draft? If you answered no to either of these questions, then good- you realize that there is still a lot of season ahead and that a lot can still happen. You don't need to have a perfect season to make the Playoffs. With that said, let's fire up Week 2 of the 2018 NFL Season. Here are some of the more interesting matches coming up this week:

THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL (WK. 2): BAL Ravens at CIN Bengals
SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL (WK. 2): NYG Giants at DAL Cowboys
MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL (WK. 2): SEA Seahawks at CHI Bears

Yesterday, I did a little research. Adam Schein of "Time to Schein" usually keeps referring to the Detroit Lions as "rebuilding since 1957." Well I found out that was the year Detroit became Champions by defeating the Cleveland Browns. Ever since, the Lions haven't done too much damage postseason wise. I even heard the dreaded "C" word- curse. Tough times for Lions faithful.

You may have seen me chime in about the NYJ at DET game from last night. It is just one game, but I would be extremely upset if I were a Detroit Lions fan and had to witness Detroit get smacked around like they did last night. Sports radio in Detroit will probably be fuming or upset about last night's epic fail. Sad thing is... I saw the pick-six DET threw to the Jets as well as the punt return for a TD by the Jets. It was... pretty awful to say the least. But of course, all congratulations to the New York Jets.

That's all. Share your thoughts after Week 1 if you like; but otherwise, get ready for Week 2!

I'm cautiously (or foolishly)

So foolishly:dunce:

My God that was a pathetic effort. The one moment where they looked good I missed because it was the first play of the game:banghead:

Stafford looked like the rookie out there. It’s going to be a long year:ouch:

......at least hockey starts in about 3 weeks

Back