2018 NFL Season

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 561 comments
I don't see how Tyrod can get back on the field after Baker put the "W" back in Browns.

Elsewhere, Monday night showcases Fitzmagic. The only question is how soon he fizzles out.

resized_272427-2cryanfitzpatrick2colxbw_81-25126_t598.jpg
This is the Browns. Baker will somehow get stung by an entire hive of wasps and manage to be done for the year. Browns go 4-12 and somehow accidentally trade Mayfield for Winston.

I'm proud for Ryan Fitzpatrick, but sucks that he couldn't be this baller quarterback when he was a Texan. No worse feeling than seeing your favorite player do better with another team than when that player was with your favorite team. Kind of like when we had Jacoby Jones before J. Jones eventually helped the Baltimore Ravens win a Super Bowl.

In case you're interested, Cleveland's next five games: at Oakland, Baltimore, Los Angeles Chargers, at Tampa Bay, and at Pittsburgh. Who's to say the Brownies can't rack up a few more wins? All of those games are at 1:00 PM EDT. Even LeBron James of the NBA's Los Angeles Lakers offered congratulations to the Cleveland Browns even while enjoying that Los Angeles weather.

Enjoy today's and tonight's games! It's the first official day of Fall/Autumn here in the Northern Hemisphere. So little by little, the heat of the Summer will cool off considerably even has the NFL action heats up.

So maybe Buffalo is a legitimate NFL franchise.

Also, tough luck for the 49ers with Garoppolo going down with a potential ACL injury. Now only if there was a QB who knew the 49ers system that's still a free agent :lol:

The most beautiful thing I've seen since the Gase era began. This is the vision.

The Houston Texans' woes continue. We failed again- 27-22 losing at home to the New York Giants. Only positives so far this season... the defense has kept us into games, and the scores have been by only one score. Other than that, this Texans team can do a hell of a lot better. Even the Browns have won a game so far.

Up next for the Houston Texans... at the Indianapolis Colts, where we've only won once at. So this Texans team is on pace to tie or exceed our worst record- 2-14 (which we've finished twice). Texans may even be battling for top #1 NFL Draft pick. Yay...

Well, congratulations to everybody else. Hopefully we can sort out our crap and return to winning.

The Lions amazingly played a complete game. Never thought I'd see the day that it happened. The offensive line held together and finally looked like a cohesive unit for once this season. Kerryon Johnson became the first Lions RB with 100+ yards since 2013 as well.

The most surreal thing after Detroit beat New England is that the Browns (1-1-1) have a better record than the Patriots (1-2). That is one thing I never thought would happen at any point of a season.

The Lions should do pretty well against Dallas next week too since Dak and Zeke both looked pretty meh. They also have zero offensive line so the Lions should be able to apply some pressure, especially if Ansah is back.

Steelers and Buccaneers TONIGHT!

This Monday Night, the NFL hits up southwestern Florida. All three of Florida's NFL teams are doing well so far this season. The Pittsburgh Steelers will pay a visit to Tampa Bay in this AFC North meets NFC South showdown. The Steelers sit at 0-1-1 and seeking their first win of the season. Tampa Bay, meanwhile, is 2-0. Of late has been former Houston Texans QB Ryan Fitzpatrick doing work for TB. Unlike my Texans, Fitzy is on a winning team. Whether or not they will remain undefeated depends on if they can take down the boys from the Steel City.

Bettors, here's your numbers. PIT is favored by 1. The Over/Under is 54 points. Choose wisely.

Enjoy tonight's game!

PIT -1 was the opening line. There was enough money put down this week on the Bucs that the line is currently PIT +1.

Well, the Buccaneers failed to knock down Ben Roethlisberger and the Pittsburgh Steelers. The boys from Pitt won 30-27 last night in Tampa Bay.

The calendar now turns to October as Week 4 will commence on the National Football League's 2018 season. How are your teams looking so far this season? It's a chance to maintain solid form if doing well. It is a chance to improve if doing poorly. And if I'm not mistaken, this week is the proper start of Thursday Night Football on FOX. So here are some of the finer matches coming up this week:

THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL WK. 4: MIN Vikings at LAR Rams
SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL WK. 4: BAL Ravens at PIT Steelers
MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL WK. 4: KC Chiefs at DEN Broncos

BYE WEEK TEAMS: Carolina, Washington

These matches do have some interest of our GTPlaneteers in mind- Northstar's Vikings, SecretAgentZero's Ravens, and gnomefromnone's Broncos among others. A lot can still happen in this young season.

Good luck to all of your favorite teams.

FOX's maiden coverage of Thursday Night Football saw the Los Angeles Rams defeat Minnesota Vikings 38-31 in Los Angeles. As a lover of blue and gold, you can imagine I was in love seeing those vintage blue and gold colors of the Los Angeles Rams last night. I even Tweeted that the Rams should make those blue and gold colors permanent. Anyhow, the already baller Rams are even more baller having won last night.

Just getting started. More NFL games to come this weekend!

Final Sunday of September 2018. Enjoy today's games as well as tonight's Sunday Night match! Chime in on your favorite team(s) also.

Uh...

TEXANS WIN!!!

Up about 28-10 at the half, we ended up tied at 31. Regulation solved nothing, so bring on Overtime. Indy struck first with a field goal. We later tied things up at 34. A gutsy call on 4th Down by Indy gave the Texans a little life. With seconds left in Overtime, we banged in a 20-something yard field goal to FINALLY end our nine-game losing streak. A win is a win, so we'll take it. We rarely win at Indy and/or Overtime games.

Up next... we'll see you on Sunday Night Football as my Texans host the Dallas Cowboys. Lone Star State pride is on the line next week. Sadly, we've only beaten Dallas in the regular season in 2002- our first game! Hopefully that changes next week.

Elsewhere...

...let me salute Adam Vinateri and Drew Brees for their recent accomplishments.

Congratulations to all other winners from this week's games.

Tyler Eifert's season is most def done. :(
I recorded the game but haven't watched it yet. From what I've read and heard, it was a pretty nasty injury. He's arguably the best tight end in the league when the Bengals are in the red zone. Problem is, he can never stay healthy. I think his stay in Cincy will be over at the end of the season.

At least the Bengals won today. And what a heck of a game it was, coming from behind to beat the offensively potent Dirty Birds.

I had a feeling that the Lions would lose after Dallas recovered that fumble. I was right.

The awful call on defense did them in. They really should've won that game, but it's the Lions and they're always playing both the opposing team and the refs.

I'll be curious to see how they do against a mediocre Green Bay team next week.

===

Also Earl Thomas is going to be super salty this morning.

I apologize for not doing this earlier, but, let's get it...

Chiefs at Broncos TONIGHT!

The AFC West is in vogue and on display tonight as the Kansas City Chiefs will match wits against the Denver Broncos. Kansas City is 3-0 on the 2018 season so far. They are seemingly impervious and unrelenting. The boys from the Show-Me State are in for an uphill battle... as in going up a mile high to meet the 2-1 Denver Broncos. Can the boys from the Mile High City hand the Chiefs their first loss of the season? We'll find out tonight in Denver!

Betting info:
Favored: KC -3
Over/Under: 53.5 pts.

Enjoy tonight's game if you'll be watching! Also, what's up with Earl Thomas and all the stuff he got into?

From the recent prime time games, here are the results...

* On Sunday Night, it was the Baltimore Ravens that defeated the Pittsburgh Steelers 26-14 in Pittsburgh.

* The Monday Night Football game saw the Kansas City Chiefs remain unbeaten with a 27-23 victory at the Denver Broncos.

And again, congratulations to all winners from last week.

This week is Week 5 in the NFL. Before we get to the more interesting games, let me give a Standings Update. Find your favorite team(s):

--- AFC ---
AFC EAST: Miami (3-1), NE (2-2), BUF and NYJ (1-3 each)
AFC NORTH: Cincinnati and Baltimore (3-1 each), CLE and PIT (1-2-1 each)
AFC SOUTH: Tennessee and Jacksonville (3-1 each), HOU and IND (1-3 each)
AFC WEST: Kansas City (4-0), DEN and LAC (2-2 each), OAK (1-3)

--- NFC ---
NFC EAST: Washington (2-1) Dallas and Philadelphia (2-2 each), NYG (1-3)
NFC NORTH: Chicago (3-1), GB (2-1-1), MIN (1-2-1), DET (1-3)
NFC SOUTH: New Orleans (3-1), CAR (2-1), TB (2-2), ATL (1-3)
NFC WEST: Los Angeles Rams (4-0), SEA (2-2), SF (1-3), ARI (0-4)

There is still a long ways to go, but this is how the NFL is shaping up right now. Keep up the good work if having a good season; show some improvement if your team is having a bad season. Now on to the marquee matches for Week 5:

* THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL WK. 5: IND Colts at NE Patriots
* SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL WK. 5: DAL Cowboys at HOU Texans
* MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL WK. 5: WAS Redskins at NO Saints

BYE WEEK TEAMS: Chicago, and Tampa Bay

Enjoy this week's games, and good luck to all of your favorite teams.

[UPDATE] BAL def. PIT in PIT. Changes made.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back