• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 561 comments

JohnBM01

20 years!
Premium
United States
Houston, Texas, USA
JMarine25
Super Bowl LII saw the New England Patriots and Philadelphia Eagles battled each other in Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA. The Philadelphia Eagles proven themselves worthy becoming champions of the NFL (not "world" champions). Now the Eagles are the hunted as the other 31 teams want to be atop the mountain and atop the food chain.

With this weekend being the weekend of the NFL Combine, I decided to open a new thread for another season of NFL football. No matter what you think about the NFL at present, people still watch and enjoy gridiron football. So be sure to share your thoughts on the upcoming season. Everything from the preseason stuff to the end of Super Bowl LIII are fair game in this thread.

Let's start a new season of NFL football on GTPlanet!

From being released by the Seahawks... to being signed by the 49ers, Richard Sherman signed a 3-year deal to play for the Niners after being released by the Seahawks this past Friday. The deal is for $39M USD.

We should know Cousins' destination tomorrow or Wednesday. Sounds like it's between the Jets, Cardinals, Broncos and Vikings with the latter two the favorites.

A lot of moves in the last 3 or 4 days going on with Tyrod Taylor and Jarvis Landry being traded to Cleveland and Aqib Talib going to the Rams. Free Agency begins officially on Wednesday.

I can't fully comprehend the Browns acting like a legitimate NFL franchise and acquiring decent players.

===

The Lions look like they're going after a running back (which they sorely need) and they're trying to trade away Ebron for somebody. I don't know how many TE's are in the free agency market though. There were rumors they were pursuing Jimmy Graham, but I don't think that's happening.

Sean Smith is done in Oakland. And believe me, he won't be missed.

Now, if the rumors are true and N. Suh is being released by the Dolphins, I want him in Silver and Black. Sure, we need corners and safeties, but Suh is too tempting (at least from my point of view).

Now, if the rumors are true and N. Suh is being released by the Dolphins, I want him in Silver and Black. Sure, we need corners and safeties, but Suh is too tempting (at least from my point of view).

The thing with Suh is the sheer number of head scratching stupid plays he makes. When he is on, he's on (case in point, his domination with the Lions), but for all the beastly plays he makes, he makes the same number, if not more, of dumb costly penalties that just make you want to bash your head in watching the game.

The thing with Suh is the sheer number of head scratching stupid plays he makes. When he is on, he's on (case in point, his domination with the Lions), but for all the beastly plays he makes, he makes the same number, if not more, of dumb costly penalties that just make you want to bash your head in watching the game.
Hmm, reminds me of OBJ here for the Giants.

Denver will reportedly signed free agent Case Keenum which likely takes them out of the Cousins race. It should be down to the Jets and Vikings now.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...ncos-john-elway-on-case-keenum-we-got-our-guy

29243914_10156412810636318_3967473660268118016_o.jpg

Elway signs Case Keenum to a 2 year 36 million contract

Last edited:
I can't fully comprehend the Browns acting like a legitimate NFL franchise and acquiring decent players.

===

The Lions look like they're going after a running back (which they sorely need) and they're trying to trade away Ebron for somebody. I don't know how many TE's are in the free agency market though. There were rumors they were pursuing Jimmy Graham, but I don't think that's happening.

Not really sure what to make of the Lions free agency. I'm not surprised they released Ebron, but it leaves our TE spot incredibly weak and there's not really much talent left. Luke Wilson and Brent Celek were the last two names I've heard tossed around.

They signed Legarrette Blount but I imagine they have to have something planned to pursue a RB in the draft. The run game has just been too pathetic for the past 5 years that just signing Blount won't make enough of an impact.

He had his fair share of dumb penalties and moments, but I would hardly say they outnumbered or even came close to the quality plays he'd make. It's just they stick out more, i.e. stomping on Aaron Rodgers. His bonehead moves were VERY boneheaded (or dirty) often times leading to fines and ejections, but he didn't really have many damaging personal foul penalties that hurt the team in critical points of the game. In that aspect Suh was actually pretty disciplined. He'd let his emotions get the best of him but he was an absolute menace on the line.

I'd be lying if I didn't say I'd like to have Suh back in Detroit but I realize it's a pipe dream. We need help on the D-Line and I think Suh and Ansah back together again would give the line the force it's been missing since he left.

Jets moved up to 3rd in the draft from 6. They had to send the Colts two 2nd round picks this year and next year's 2nd.

We got the Honey Badger? I knew I saw something in my Twitter feed regarding Safety Tyrann Mathieu. Then when I saw ABC Channel 13 here in Houston, I found out we got the Honey Badger to be part of the Houston Texans roster. ANYTHING to help the Texans return to being a contender is fine by me.

Jason Pierre-Paul heads to Tampa after the Giants traded him to the Bucs in exchange for their 3rd round selection in the upcoming Draft. Also, both teams will swap their 4th round picks.

He wasn't terrible last year but the new management couldn't have been happy about paying him like a top-5 defensive end. He signed a 4 year deal for $62 million last season.

The Patriots have traded WR Brandon Cooks and a 4th round pick to the LA Rams for the 23rd overall pick and a 6th round pick. The Pats should now have enough draft capital to move into the top 5 for a potential Brady/Garoppolo replacement.

Dez Bryant is out of the Cowboys. I know his production has decreased a lot the past 2 seasons, but I think he has a lot left in the tank.

I'd love to see him playing in Jacksonville with my man Bortles.

James Harrison is going to hang it up. I don't know about the specifics, but I did see in my Twitter news feed that Pittsburgh Steelers LB James Harrison is retiring after 15 seasons. I wish him the best in his retirement. Perhaps a Hall of Famer?

So my Texans have a play date against your Broncos? You all will probably have a playoff spot locked up by the time we meet. Good luck to your Denver Broncos...

Falcons @ Eagles is your regular season opener. Thanksgiving lineup is Bears @ Lions, Cowboys @ Redskins, Falcons @ Saints.

2018 Ravens season:
  1. Home v.s Bills
  2. @ Bengals
  3. Home v.s Broncos
  4. @ Steelers
  5. @ Browns
  6. @ Titans
  7. Home v.s Saints
  8. @ Panthers
  9. Home v.s Steelers
  10. BYE WEEK
  11. Home v.s Bengals
  12. Home v.s Raiders
  13. @ Falcons
  14. @ Chiefs
  15. Home v.s Buccaneers
  16. @ Chargers
  17. Home v.s Browns
10-6, wildcard spot.

Okay... welcome to the 2018 season, Houston Texans! Here is what my boys will be facing this season:

--- Houston Texans: 2018 Preseason ---
AUG 9: at Kansas City
AUG 18: San Francisco
AUG 25: at Los Angeles Rams
AUG 30: Dallas

--- Houston Texans: 2018 Season ---
SEP 9: at New England
SEP 16: at Tennessee
SEP 23: New York Giants
SEP 30: at Indianapolis
OCT 7: Dallas
OCT 14: Buffalo
OCT 21: at Jacksonville
OCT 25: Miami
NOV 4: at Denver
~~~ Bye Week ~~~
NOV 18: at Washington
NOV 26: Tennessee
DEC 2: Cleveland
DEC 9: Indianapolis
DEC 15: at New York Jets
DEC 23: at Philadelphia
DEC 30: Jacksonville

Last season was depressing for the Texans. Unless they have leaps and bounds improvement, it is unlikely I'll see the 2018 Texans having a winning record after last season's 4-12 record. This will sort of be a rebuilding time for the Texans. I still think the Texans will do fine. However, I am very inconfident we're going to have any sort of explosive or surprising results. My prediction: we'll be 6-10 and perhaps not even contend for at least an AFC Wild Card spot.

Yep- I'm a Debbie Downer for my beloved NFL team, but I certainly will look forward to this season with great interest. So I will be having some GTPlanet inner-forum rivalries with the likes of Omnis (MIA), Blitz24 (NYJ), gnomefromnome (DEN), and samurai8juice (BUF) among others.

So who will be playing in Atlanta for Super Bowl LIII on February 3, 2019 on CBS? We'll find out as the 2019 season comes around!

Rumor has it he wants to play for the Giants so that he can face his old team twice. As someone who can't stand the sight of him, I wouldn't be happy to see him in NY.

Today is draft day. Expect the first 10 picks to take 2 hours.

Back