2018 Virgin Australia Supercars ChampionshipTouring Cars 

• Thread starter Cap'n Jack
  • 2,549 comments
The ZB lights and grille just don't work. All the cars look fresh for sure, but I'd say the Preston Hire car has the best looking front of the ZBs.

The ZB lights and grille just don't work. All the cars look fresh for sure, but I'd say the Preston Hire car has the best looking front of the ZBs.
I would disagree. I think Lowndes car is the best looking out on track. But of course I would say that:P

They posted the video from Scotty's crash. I tried to post it here but it can't be embeded. :rolleyes: Check the team's facebook page or the Official Supercars site.

They posted the video from Scotty's crash. I tried to post it here but it can't be embeded. :rolleyes: Check the team's facebook page or the Official Supercars site.

Edit: Nevermind. The video from DJRTP's Twitter doesn't work either. :crazy:

Is Lakeside up to modern safety standards? I'd say bring it back there, if it is.
Lakeside :bowdown:

Unfortunately, I seriously doubt it's up to the latest Supercar standards & if that's the case, I'd rather them go somewhere else than modify it in anyway. :indiff:

I was looking for an article from years back, when national racing returned to Lakeside, but instead I found an article which mentioned a 95dba noise cap.

Aside from that, I’d imagine facilities and safety would need a big upgrade. Supercars have two rounds in QLD anyway, and with the potential Asian expansion, something will probably have to give way.

Also QLD is weird.

I just think the way SMP is scaled back to a night race, Ipswich should be replaced. Either an Asian round or F1 Support somewhere.

So I just checked on the Supercars website to see if the 2018 SuperView package was available yet. It is, and to my surprise they have made some upgrades:

• All Qualifying and Race sessions will be streamed in full HD
  • DVR Rewind Function
  • Full session replays will be available much sooner
  • The Bend Supersprint will be completely covered on SuperView
Unfortunately due to the upgrades, the price jumps to $60 AUD (almost $47 USD) :eek:

But I'm a sucker so I'll pay it anyway...

I'm probably going to get that as well... Hopefully they will have the 2017 races on there too. Superview is great in the UK even with motorsport tv covering the series I still sign up.

Foxtel upped the price for sports packaging as well. It was $25 + $25 for mandatory entertainment pack of your choice. Now, it's $39 for the sports package.

I set up recording for next weeks event:

Thursday coverage is from 1030am-822pm. Live Trackside is 721pm-822pm.

Foxtel upped the price for sports packaging as well. It was $25 + $25 for mandatory entertainment pack of your choice. Now, it's $39 for the sports package.

I set up recording for next weeks event:

Thursday coverage is from 1030am-822pm. Live Trackside is 721pm-822pm.

Haven't they been advertising it as $40 for both packages, not $40 on top? I was tempted, its great for motorsport and I watch a lot of AFL and NRL but it's another bill I just can't really afford at the moment.

Haven't they been advertising it as $40 for both packages, not $40 on top? I was tempted, its great for motorsport and I watch a lot of AFL and NRL but it's another bill I just can't really afford at the moment.
Yep, $39 for Sport HD + Entertainment. However, it goes up after 12 months to $65.

Back