2018 Virgin Australia Supercars ChampionshipTouring Cars 

• Thread starter Cap'n Jack
  • 2,549 comments
Another fast Kiwi. Better sign Pither real quick.

On another note. With that new Jaguar setting records, what if Andretti can get them back on the Australian touring car grid?

Very happy to see Heimgartner get the Nissan seat. Great talent.

Guess that confirms Le Brocq at Tekno then?

Last edited:
From a Facebook fan page
22688422_1732586716754447_3590287652837533653_n.jpg

From a Facebook fan page
22688422_1732586716754447_3590287652837533653_n.jpg

Just a Nick Moss concept, nothing actual. Can’t say I’ve ever been a big fan of Autobarn liveries myself, and for me personally it will automatically be a step down on this years car, as his Caltex car this year is one of my favourites for quite some time.

Also, Peter Hughes has done the 888 liveries basically since they’ve been with Holden and I assume he’ll continue to be.

Just a Nick Moss concept, nothing actual. Can’t say I’ve ever been a big fan of Autobarn liveries myself, and for me personally it will automatically be a step down on this years car, as his Caltex car this year is one of my favourites for quite some time.

Also, Peter Hughes has done the 888 liveries basically since they’ve been with Holden and I assume he’ll continue to be.
Just like the Red Bull livery we've seen for the ZB,
images

it'll be interesting how the Holden liveries translate.
Whether those teams keep the 25°(or whatever) angle the current cars or display them horizontally.

It’ll be interesting to see who, out of 23 Red and MSR, gets to grips with the Falcon first. I’m also curious to see if MSR can ultimately get a pace advantage over 23 Red, with their DJR built Falcon as opposed to the latter’s Prodrive built Falcon.

It’ll be interesting to see who, out of 23 Red and MSR, gets to grips with the Falcon first. I’m also curious to see if MSR can ultimately get a pace advantage over 23 Red, with their DJR built Falcon as opposed to the latter’s Prodrive built Falcon.
Yeah, it's what I've been thinking.
Davison will have the experience, but Hazelwood is quite quick. Plus, Hazelwood still has the comfort of his whole team.

One thing I’m a little worried about is MSR not having the number of workers to be able to have run the team running at a decent level. Although it’s great to see a new team join the fray, I’d rather have Hazelwood driving for a decent team than one stuck near the rear.

One thing I’m a little worried about is MSR not having the number of workers to be able to have run the team running at a decent level. Although it’s great to see a new team join the fray, I’d rather have Hazelwood driving for a decent team than one stuck near the rear.
As a personal sponsor of Todd, I'd prefer to see this too.

Disclaimer: I'm not really a personal sponsor, but I do buy a lot of snags in bread at the sausage sizzle his parents run at our local hardware store. ;)

That was Tim Blanchard's call. I think in his choice to give Hazelwood the seat, he was keeping his REC. Remember, MSR have aligned with Shell V-Power Racing. Can't get better than that.

Great to get confirmation, but we all knew it was coming. The 2018 grid is looking really strong, we could be in for a very competitive season.

Great to get confirmation, but we all knew it was coming. The 2018 grid is looking really strong, we could be in for a very competitive season.
8 Fords with actual chances of winning this time. I'd say 2 Nissans with winning potential. It's about time.

Bunch of new drivers, a couple of new teams. Really looking forward to the 2018 season.

Although after the way 2017 finished, it does have a lot to live up to. :lol:

Hoping T8 have issues with the new car next year. Then with the new engine 2019. Give us two seasons of different winners/champions.

I just want the Fords fighting for places 1-8. I'll throw in the #02 #7, #9, #22, #23, #78 and #99, for some spice.

Skaife would be my guess, those guys drove for the wrong brand. ;)

Know you've got a Clubsport now but that comment sounds so weird coming from a guy with FPV in his username. :lol:👍

And driving with HDT and Brock abolished all of Moffat's sins. :dopey:

Hoping T8 have issues with the new car next year. Then with the new engine 2019. Give us two seasons of different winners/champions.
Champions I can understand (although to be fair Winterbottom won in 2015 and SVG was still a new winner per say in 2016 even though it was his first win in T8)

but driver wins, last year was all about DJR Team Penske when it came to race wins.

As much as I am a Holden fan, I would still be happy seeing Richie Stanaway do well in this season and would be just as happy if he pulled some wins :)

Know you've got a Clubsport now but that comment sounds so weird coming from a guy with FPV in his username. :lol:👍
:lol: When I picked it up I had my Ford cap on.:D Still own the GT-P as well, just can't drive it because it's manual :banghead: but I'll never sell it, if I can't drive it no-one can.:mischievous:

And driving with HDT and Brock abolished all of Moffat's sins. :dopey:
:lol:👍

Edit: I should add, the Clubsport is pretty sweet.:)

Last edited:
Reckon all the Aussie Ford and Holden stuff should just going keep going up & up in value now.
That was part of my reasoning when I decided to go for the HSV over Euro wagons. Being a 30 Anniversary, last of the Aussie built cars it should hold it's value fairly well, not that I'll ever sell it either. I'm a bit of a horder when it comes to these sorts of things.:embarrassed::)

Back